Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 14

Old 08-06-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hi fools

I've been good in my absence. No pills, no drinking ... I'm clean and sober.
Hope everyone is doing ok. I'll try and catch up later.

Missed you all.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi Up! Missed you! Happy to hear you've been sober during your time away though!
Old 08-06-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Lucrezia View Post
So. All of my unhealthy coping mechanisms are here for a reason. I want to keep venturing out into no-unhealthy-coping-method land, but I can only dip into that land in tiny bits at a time. Or else it's too much for me, I think. So much pain under it all!!
Just give it time, go slowly. Start by getting your feet wet, then later up to the knees. next thing you know you will be swimming with everyone.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

UP, great to have you back. We've missed you Hope things are going well for you

It's been a good day here. Almost finished the study room, just a bit of painting to do.

Didn't manage any exercise as such, but did take a walk, and cut the grass which made me sweat a bit. On a more positive note, I've bought a stash of food supplements in the hope of increasing my vitality.

I can't believe I used to prevent my body from absorbing essential nutrients by consuming alcohol. The crazy thing is, is that I knew alcohol did this, but drank it anyway!

It's so strange how our thinking is clouded by addiction. But thank goodness it clears over time in sobriety.

Hope everyone else is having a great day.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
Good morning all, its Wednesday today! Hope everyone enjoyed their Tuesday yesterday!
I was obviously trying to skip through the week a little too quickly.

I have a day off work today, getting my hair cut, doing some food shopping and hopefully doing a bit more to our little study room.

My nutritional changes are going fairly well, I'm buying a few supplements today to give me a kick start. However I'm struggling to fit in some exercise, and I'm sure this is the key to getting some energy back.
So I'm going to start by just committing to 5 minutes of skipping or strength training each day, this usually gets me started, and often I then go on to complete a whole half hour. But my mind seems to accept a 5 minute plan more readily than a full workout.

How's everyone else getting on movement wise?
Free, I LOVE the 5 minute idea! I am having motivation issues when it comes to exercise. I think I will give your approach a try
Old 08-06-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Wicked UP!!!!!!!!!!!
Great stuff!
We are all nearly ready for the final instalment then.

It feels great when the fools return!!!!!

Day 104

Stay tuned....
Old 08-06-2014, 11:02 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thursday morning here, I'm off to work.

Filling my body with as many nutrients as possible, a crunchy salad packed for lunch, and yoga after work this evening. I'm on a roll!

"Don't stop me know, I'm having such a good time...."

Hope everyone's looking after themselves today, we all deserve good health and happiness.

See you later.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:59 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Welcome back Up !!

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post

My nutritional changes are going fairly well, I'm buying a few supplements today to give me a kick start. However I'm struggling to fit in some exercise, and I'm sure this is the key to getting some energy back.
So I'm going to start by just committing to 5 minutes of skipping or strength training each day, this usually gets me started, and often I then go on to complete a whole half hour. But my mind seems to accept a 5 minute plan more readily than a full workout.

How's everyone else getting on movement wise?
Free,
I've been starting to climb staircases for some little workout , since I can't seem to get back out riding these past few weeks. Usually I was doing around 32, but tonight hit 48. It's a little like biking where the first few miles seem so easy, and the last ones really take a little focus, or push or something.
Did those at the end of my shift, ....pouring sweat in this late night humidity.

Feels good, but those late night workouts always keep me up wa...aaaay too long. It's ok since my weekend officially started less than two hours ago !?!

Lucrezia, ... look forward to hearing about your impressions of your first meeting later today. Good job making the physical and mental effort !

Obo, ....congrats on 104. I hope you weren't worried about our cast of characters in the latest installment !?!
We keep coming back, ...

..............but never like bad shillings .
Old 08-07-2014, 03:13 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Slightly worried top.....
But not no more.......!!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good morning Fools. Posting less with the craziness of shopping and packing and still being mom to the two rugrats.

What's that saying.....I'm going to need a vacation from my vacation...!!!

Hope all are well. Happy to have some Fools back. We do keep coming back
Old 08-07-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning Fools - so good to have you back here UP!

Fabulous on the exercise & healthy eating Freein. Its that time of year where the good fresh veggies are plentiful & people glad to share.

Morning Top - Stairs are a great workout! Happy Friday to you, enjoy your week-end!

I am off & running this morning as I have been all week. Good to be busy I think. & finally got some sleep last night which should help.

One of my part time tenants may now be a full time tenant - I had not planned on that but she has "stuff" going on that she hadn't planned on, so we'll figure it out here.

Off to water the garden, do the dishes, clean the kitchen floor, get the house closed up, drive Son up to his job & get to work (where I can get some rest) ha ha. Great Day All!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
greenturtle

Hi all! I can't wait to say "it's Friday"! LOL

Top - Stairs are super good for exercise! More so than other traditional forms of exercise. I am running my first 5k in November with a bunch of friends and I need to get off my butt and start training!

Luc, Kat, Chick, Mariah - Happy we are all sober

Up - Great to see you back here and sober the time you were gone. Well done!

Tops, Free, Izzy - Thanks for your continual encouragement.

The Fools rock!
Old 08-07-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good morning Fools,
I'm back home again. I spent yesterday recovering from my very long trip across the country, and need to start dealing with various things today, like the mountains of mess all over my house. Yuck... I already spent a while trying to fix a perpetually running toilet, with limited success.
Now that I'm back with nothing big hanging over me, I should be around a lot more, at least until the next time I leave town in about a month. I've missed communicating with all of you.
Up, it's so good to see you back here again. I hope things are going well with you.
I hope this is a good day for all of us, that we all stay strong and sober, and that we also remember to feel really good about ourselves for doing so.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi all, day 7 here. I'm felling really good, sober is definitely the way to be!!

I'm getting ready for hubby and the two older kids to go on a trip next week. I'll be at home with the two little boys for all of next week! Eek! I don't love being at home alone. I have good friends to talk to when I get weird and frightened at night though. School starts the next week and I'm still having a bit of anxiety about having an empty house all day. I'm going to miss them like crazy.
We are down to 27 chicks now, something seems to be getting the little ones slowly. But the chicks I do have still make me crazy happy. And we have over 40 animals including the kittens!!

Anyway...

Its good to see so many of you going strong. I don't know where I'd be with out you fools. Love you all!!
Old 08-07-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Wow! Everyone sounds so GOOD! I hope we can keep up the momentum

Freein, I tried the 5 minute trick and ended up doing nearly 45 minutes of weights (P90X workout). Thank you for that trick!

I have a busy weekend ahead, getting my son packed for college and a going away party at my mom's. My family will probably be drinking but I have gotten over being around it and feel less uncomfortable than I used to. It's still weird, but I just fill up on Perrier and oh yeah - CHOCOLATE CAKE
Old 08-07-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Tops, the staircase workout is a great idea! Thank you for that.

Present, 45 minutes of weights is pretty impressive, I hope you feel suitably pleased with yourself.

The weekend is almost here, so I hope everyone has plenty of great food and healthy drinks in the fridge. The Fools Bargain is with us yet again.

This week seems to have been a good one for many of us, let's keep up the momentum and get another week under our sober belts. May the Fools force be with us all.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hey fools,

Y'all sound good- Hope everyone has a great, sober-licious weekend!

We're gearing up for fall. What happened to summer? That was way too fast .

Take care everybody .
Old 08-07-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

85 days until Halloween!! Or something like that...

So I went to my first meeting! Women for sobriety. There were not that many there this week, which was perfect. It was great. I'll keep going...

Anyway there is so much going on, I feel kind of overwhelmed. I mean, every day I have all these therapy things I'm supposed to remember and think of and practice throughout the day... I'm thinking I'll have to seriously just have one day for each. Or else, I end up doing nothing, you know?

ANYWAY.

Gah.... only now are the cravings starting to return. I hope I am strong throughout this weekend. I've kind of turned over to eating issues more, instead of drinking, so... hope I do okay with that, too. Nothing too extreme. I mean I hope I don't get worse in that department. Ok. I will try to focus on all the tools I have.

Good luck to all the peoples here.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this Luce

D
Old 08-07-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Thank you Dee!