Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 14

Old 08-03-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Morning fools!!!
Day 101......
100 not out as they say in the cricket!

Good to see you all on the new thread.....

Stay tuned!
Old 08-03-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good you’re back chick!!!!!
Old 08-03-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I give them to someone else or throw them out Applekat.

Mariah, if I had any children I would not have wanted them to see me how I was.

If my partner was an addict I would not have wanted to leave my children in their unsupervised care.

Sounds like you absolutely made the right decisions at the time.

Your exes life choices robbed him of time with his son and his sons time with his Dad, not you

D
Old 08-03-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Chick!!

Obo congrats on day 101!! Fabulous and inspiring.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Still sober.

And congrats obo!!!
Old 08-03-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congrats to you too luc!
Thanks applekat!!
Old 08-03-2014, 09:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Fabulous on 101 days Obo - So happy for you

Hi Luce

Nice Sunday - Good day with Son & walk this evening with 2 of them & dinner here at home with them. Praying for many more like this one
Old 08-03-2014, 09:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats from me too Obo

D
Old 08-03-2014, 11:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Great work Obo!

Today, my focus is on my nutrition. I think being a vegan who has also been a heavy drinker is a bad combination. Yes, I know that most wines are not vegan, but for some reason it didn't occur to me to check each one (mainly because I knew I was being a big hypocrite and didn't want to admit it!).

Anyway, I'm trying to find tasty ways to up the nutrition to help my body get its vitality back. I quite enjoy trying new things. My OH isn't so keen, mainly because of many culinary disasters in the past.

I'm also scheduling in some daily exercise which will help.

I'm aiming to be full of vitality by Christmas, and to be able to start next year with unstoppable energy.

No going back now, I've burnt the bridge, the only way is forward yeah!

Have a great start to a sober, healthy week everyone.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Freein - the nutrition focus sounds amazing. I know drinking affects everything but even when I've had a couple weeks sober I feel ick in that department and low energy too. May have to think more about that relation.

Chick - how are you?? Any precious triggers you've been able to figure out and get rid of?

Luc - well done on another day!

Mariah - you sound like a good mama. Truly. I'm glad your son is home and walks and talks can do wonders for everyone, I think. Hugs.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
greenturtle

Chick - glad to see you here! welcome back

Kat - yep got through the weekend alcohol-free although it wasn't easy. Cousin came Friday and brought beer to drink with crabs. I passed on it though. My bosses give me wine all the time and I don't want to tell them I have a problem with it so I just take them then give them to friends/family who enjoy wine. Glad you got through the weekend too.

Mariah - Glad your son came home

I went on a sugar binge saturday and woke up feeling like I had a bit of a hangover. I've got to learn to skip the vanilla oreos Day 9!
Old 08-04-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
greenturtle

Obo - fabulous on 101 days! that's fantastic!!
Old 08-04-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

I really like waking up feeling refreshed. That only happens if I'm sober AND not food binging. Both make me feel crappy and tired. This morning, though.... wide awake and refreshed! Very nice. Even before I had my coffee!!

frreein - good idea, on the nutrition!

kelly - yup, totally understand the sugar binge hangover! Also, that's great that you passed on the beer. This is something I have to work on/plan for. Well, telling people would probably help! But I guess for now I could say I'm low carbing it. That's a perfectly good reason to skip alcohol (not that I even need a reason - but I want to tell people something, so they know not to even offer) I guess I'm thinking of family, mainly. If I don't tell them I have a problem, I can atleast tell them I'm off it for a different reason.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Good morning, or evening, Fools. I feel bad for not being around this last week. Being with my grandparents was all consuming. I left there on Thursday and headed north several hours to spend some time with a friend, where I remain until tomorrow. It's been a fantastic visit, and it's going to be a bit hard to leave tomorrow, but I have plenty to do when I get home, so I can focus on that stuff when I get there.
I'm thinking about all of you who've been struggling, and about what might make things easier. One of the things that helped me more than anything else when going through withdrawal was to remember to stay wholly focused on being in the moment. Thinking about how I was going to get through a day of feeling as bad as I was feeling overwhelmed me, but focusing on getting through right now did not. I knew I could get through this moment, and usually by the next moment my focus had shifted to something else, and it was at least a little while before I had to focus on getting through another one. Another strategy that worked for me was getting someone to go to a movie with me when I knew my struggle was about to get harder. The movie was a distraction, and going with someone else kept me from leaving the theater and giving into my urges. Usually by the time the movie was over, I had gotten through the worst of it.
Getting outside also helped me every time, especially getting out in the woods, but just walking out my door was surprisingly therapeutic, even if I just walked around my block once or twice. This is how I usually handled my surges of anxiety. I also used really hot baths and a sauna to get through the worst of it, both hot enough to make the sweat pour out of me. I imagined the sweat washing me clean, inside and out, of all of the toxins inside of me, of all my self destructive behaviors, and of all of the guilt associated with addiction. I felt genuinely cleansed by doing this. I spent a lot of time focused on forgiving myself for my compulsions and weaknesses...
It's been a few days more than 4 calendar months for me now, I'm not sure how many days in total that is, and it wasn't too long ago that I could hardly even imagine getting to this point. It really has continued to get easier, and I feel better every day. I know you all can get there, and I have faith that you will. Hang in there all you intrepid Fools, I love and have confidence in every one of you.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Day 4, I'm looking forward to getting past the first week. Kat, it seems everything triggers me! I have quite a bit of stress going on with a lot of things. The biggest right now is my hubby and two older kids are going on a trip next week and I will be at home with the younger two all week. I'd love to go stay at a friends or my mom's house for the whole time, but someone has to be here everyday to care for the chicks. Buy I have no plan to drink while hubby is gone, that's not appealing to me at all. So I will be super glad to have over a week in before they leave.
We had a litter of kittens born 3 weeks ago, there are 7 of them!! Anyone need a black or black and white kitten in a couple of months let me know!

I have a lot to catch up on with you all! Hope you all are having a good day. I'll check in later.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Happy Monday Fools! I haven't had much to say, but have been reading everyone's posts as time permits. I haven't had anymore slips and no desire to do so. I feel really strong now, and I think that little experiment really cemented my hatred of alcohol and all of the effects it has on me - physical and emotional. YUCK!!! It doesn't hold any glamor for me anymore. For this I am truly thankful.

I am going to start the 90 day P90X program today. I have been doing yoga each night after work for 2 weeks and am now feeling stronger and healthier than ever. I have also completed counseling and am just on "maintenance" checking in with my therapist once a month to make sure all is well. EMDR really sped up the healing process. What an amazing, life-altering experience. I feel really good. I am on the right track physically, mentally and spiritually... in no small part due to my April Fool buddies

Stay strong everyone. I'm thinking about all of you.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Day 2!!!! thought about heading for a "pint" after work.
instead come home and going to plan a family outing for my partner and son. going to be a little surprise.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back SeemFine

did you mean to post here or in the August thread tho?

D
Old 08-04-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Congrats on 101 days obo! That is fantastic!

I'm happy to be about done with day 4 again, no major cravings today but have had some crazy mood swings and just not feeling great this afternoon. I have to remember this if I ever even contemplate drinking again. I hope and pray that I am done for good this time. I want off of the Rollercoaster that is being addicted to alcohol.

Love you fools! See you tomorrow!
Old 08-04-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Just catching up with some posts. Keep fighting the good fight everyone! And glad to have you back Chick!

I'm onto day 42? I think. Almost 5 weeks. This is the longest I've been sober in recent memory. Feeling better everyday, although I have been thinking about drinking more lately. Not like having a drink, just my drinking has crossed my mind more lately. I think because I've been having these nightmares about picking it up again. Also, nervous about going back home. My boyfriend just texted me a picture of him at the liquor store and had me talk him down, which I think is kind of unfair. I'm at my parents because I need to work on myself and I kind of feel like now that I have these almost 5 weeks he's trying to shift some of the weight of his own problems onto me. It's not so bad with my family around in an environment that I feel safe in, but I worry about that shift when I go back.