Administrator

Class of April 2014 Part 14

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-14-a-20.html

D
Old 08-02-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Wow Kat you've been busy this morning....lucky kiddos Have a great day!

I have had little sleep & am just got up to close all the windows up before it heats up again here...I am going to go out & water then crawl back into bed & see if I can get some more sleep.

Thinking a lot about what I am going to do differently this time (Dee's voice).

#1 - prayer & relying on God to guide & direct me (will pray for guidance & direction before I crawl out of bed EVERYDAY)

#-positive affirmations - this helps so much when I practice it.

#3 - Work from the Anxiety & Phobia workbook that is collecting dust.

#4 - connect with 2 women in recovery at least once a week - coffee & a chat

#5 - exercise 5 days a week - limit sugar in my diet......have been thinking some about the post Adna & someone else had about how sugar & addiction to alcohol relate & think that make sense & is important to keep in mind. I think an indulgence here & there is just fine, but should be limited.

Have a good day everyone - Thanks for your encouragement yesterday Izzy...you sound so good & always love to see your posts!!

Off to water - Everything is looking really good except my hanging baskets...even watering twice a day, this heat is just too much for them
Old 08-02-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good plan of attack Mariah.
Particularly the sleep part today!
Old 08-02-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Well it was a nice thought anyway, but I may just chill with a good movie this morning
Maybe you can trick the kiddos into a nap so you can have one
Old 08-02-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

I like your plan, Mariah!

So I didn't drink last night but food binged. I woke up with that familiar feeling of guilt and a bit of a hangover feeling too, but.... still different!! Atleast I didn't drink. Atleast I remember what I did last night!! (I didn't end up watching HP but I watched Limitless again...well, not the whole thing... I got sidetracked and then ended up watching The Fosters on my computer)

I'm also planning to walk to the store and get some healthier foods. But I'm taking it easy still. This whole weekend I'm doing some creative type projects - like inner work - using art and things. I just set up a whole station with incense and coloured crayons and markers and sketchbooks and notebooks and some reading material and all kinds of stuff... blasting music, too.

I'm really looking at what makes my life meaningful, and making it into imagery so I can visually see it. What I've found is that pretty much everything on my list is stuff I don't have.....aside from family. So. It really makes sense that I've been trying to self medicate, I think.

Anyway!!
Old 08-02-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Sounds like your set for the afternoon Luce Your feeling creative.....that is great!

I have grounded myself to my room for the day - what a mess! Started this morning with scrubbing my bathroom & have been procrastinating on this room for quite a while, Seems overwhelming.....I'm ready with 2 large garbage bags for an overflow in clothes (finally parted with 3 big bags last week - some to my niece & the rest back to the thrift store where I probably bought them (another family disease):

I have a shoe box just for jewelry & just little junk that sits here & collects dust.

paperwork....I'm going in fools
Old 08-02-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Hope your weekend is off to a good start.

Mariah, it sounds like you're on a mission. Have you come across FlyLady.net ? She has lots of tips on how to get organised and how to tackle some of those overwhelming jobs. Things like using a timer to keep focused, decluttering strategies and breaking up the housework in to zones, these have all helped me when my motivation is non-existent.

It sounds like you're very much on the case, but just wanted to mention it in case you needed a bit of a "lift off".

Luc, great to hear you're giving time and space for your creativity. I'd love to be there with you, well..... maybe with some quieter music hope you have a lovely day.

I've done a fair bit of painting today, but unfortunately I'd bought emulsion rather than wood paint, so I've used it as undercoat. I'll just have to buy something different for the top coat. I'm impatient to see it finished, but there's still a fair bit to do.

Keep keeping on. Another day sober is another day towards a healthy body, mind and soul. Tomorrow we will wake up another day healthier.

Blessings to all.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Long day. Lots of activities. Haircut. Shopping frustration. (Read: bathing suit). Dinner with fam.

I had diet coke. It's all good, just a long day! Will be so nice to wake up tomorrow feeling good. Exhausted as always but good.

How are you Fools doing?!
Old 08-03-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Luc, Mariah, Kelly - have we all made it another day? I hope so girls. I can't wait until when it doesn't feel so painstaking to count each day. Lord knows I feel better and am a better person when sober but somehow that hasn't prevented the slips around either day 5/6, 13/14.......day 4 in a row technically here. Thankful I just keep coming back at least or slips would be days/weeks/months long...

Present, Soli - how are you doing this weekend?

Tops, Freein, obo, izzy, Adna - I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday and thanks always for your support!

I have my SIL birthday party this afternoon. I know there will be drinks available but not big drinkers and MIL always has diet coke and iced tea.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

I made it another day.

I don't plan on food binging today so let's see if I can actually cope with life without using food or alcohol (of course food is there if I really need something immediate to fall back on, but.... not planning on that)

More creative stuff, music, incense and reading today I guess.

Edit: I've made it 4 days so far....at the end of today, it will have been 5. So by my counting - day 4. How do other people count their days? Tuesday night I drank...stopped at around midnight. Yeah, I worry about tiny details like this.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I envy your creativity Luc! Keep at it!

If the details matter to you, here is how I count - I had a couple glasses of wine Wednesday evening. Thursday was day 1. Today is day 4. I am ON day 4 until midnight tonight - then it will have been 4 days. Tomorrow is day 5.

I could be wrong obviously! But I think you would be on day 5, having been sober for 4 days.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That brings me back to the technical details surrounding pregnancy counts - in my 6 month of pregnancy versus being 6 months pregnant! Haha.

Speaking of that - this is a super funny Coke ad!!

Couple Uses #ShareACoke Campaign To Announce Their Pregnancy
Old 08-03-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I did not achieve as much as I intended to in my room yesterday.......Ended up feeling really overwhelmed, finding little things that made me feel sentimental & sad....rocks my boys have painted, pictures I haven't seen of them for a long time.

Son did come home yesterday afternoon though & we chilled watching "I shouldn't be alive" & "Dirty Jobs". We are going to put tahitis in the river today & float. When he first started floating with me we, we floated a pretty calm stretch of the river for several years but last year I felt that he was strong enough & experienced enough to do some of the bigger rapids & he had a blast. We will be doing a beautiful stretch on the river with about 4 nice rapids. It is a great way to spend a Sunday.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Mariah that is great!!! Enjoy yourself today. Take it slow and smile.

And I love Mike Rowe lol!
Old 08-03-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Mariah, what's tahitis?

It sounds like fun, whatever it is!
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi fools! I've missed you all. I am on day 3 today and really ready to quit drinking. I can't beleive the time in the past month and a half I've wasted, but I'm not going to dwell on it. Hope you all are doing great.
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm guessing it's the name of a boat?
Old 08-03-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Oh Chickchick, it's great to have you back, we've missed you!
Old 08-03-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Well, tried to "rouse" Son out of bed & get going to the river, but he says he is tired & not wanting to go so will just let him sleep & work on the room some more.

Yesterday was the 5th anniversary of My Son's Dad's death. He died 6 days before his 53rd Bday from no doubt, alcohol & drug abuse....3 months before my Sons 16 Bday. He "loved" kids & if not for his addiction would very likely been a coach or some type of mentor to young people. He hadn't seen my Son for over 7 years when he died. I offered to let him come here to see him but not to take him with him....I was told by one of his friends that he was using heavily...shooting up. I know I did not have a choice but to not let him go spend time with his Dad, but feel guilty anyway that K didn't have a relationship with him & will always mourn not having a Dad.

Chick Chick, so glad you are back here!! We miss you
Old 08-03-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm at the birthday party and easily avoiding wine and opting for diet coke.

Someone just gifted us a bottle of wine for our anniversary as we are heading out the door.

Ugh! What do you guys do with gifts like that?? I don't think I'm strong enough to just store it at home.