Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 14

Old 08-25-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Kelly: Good luck, thinking of you. Checking in here is the best therapy I've ever had!

Sol: such a strong effort after what you've been through......

stay tuned......
Old 08-25-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Congratulations Mariah and Solil, the weeks are going to fly by now.

Mariah, your son sounds amazing, so self-sufficient. I expect that on occasions in the future he will need, and want to accept some help, and you'll be there for him, when he really needs you.

I'm starting work a bit later today, which is a lovely treat, I have an unexpected hour, maybe some piano practice? Who knows.

Another sober week come and gone. I only have the occasional pang, nothing to worry me, but I'm not complacent, I know the gremlin is just a thought away. No doubt it's biding its time, waiting for the most vulnerable moment.

Anyway, Hope everyone's day goes well.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:39 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Hey all! Busy over here with first real week of school so not much time to talk, but thinking of all of you and wishing everyone a good week!
Old 08-26-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Mariah- don't worry TOO hard I'm leaving my 20s now and my mom was kinda the same way at first. I was the same way as your son except far less ambitious, I was a skateboarder and am still an avid snowboarder, she would (and still) do the same worrying that you are, but trust me, he's gonna be ok!!!! He's gettin out there and living life . Unfortunatly being into extreme sports has it's injuries along with it, I've had multiple concussions, as long as he got to the doctor and they are looking or looked at him, he should be ok...if he starts vomiting then he should quickly go back...thats about all the advice I can give on the extreme sports topic tho...were strong! And love the thrill...
Old 08-26-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

I'm having a good chain of days here, keeping the positivity strong! <3 hang in there everyone <3
Old 08-26-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Obo, you did the right thing for your friend, even if he fought you on it. I hope he decides to save himself.
Kelly, it was smart of you to move your appointment up, but I'm sorry you're feeling as bad as you are. Try to remember that this isn't a permanent state for you, you did come through it the last time, and you will this time, too. It's great that you've made it to day 10 with this going on. I'm proud of you for that, and also for seeking help when you knew you needed it. You are in my thoughts.
Solitary, it is truly a joy to see you doing so well, and focusing on the positive. The drawings are great, too. I'm so glad this program you found has been so beneficial.
Soliloquy, 7 weeks is awesome, and so is the way you've reframed your thinking from being deprived to living in a new way. I think changing our thinking about whatever we've been addicted to really is an important step in achieving long term sobriety. Also, when my daughter was young I often sacrificed sleep for solitude, it was worth it for me. I got a lot of creative projects done between midnight and 7 in those days. I still like working in the middle of the night.
Mariah, I'm sure your son will be ok, but I understand your concern. Congratulations on getting through 2 weeks, it's great to see you doing so well. I'm trying to let go of my guilt too, and it's really hard, but carrying it does us no good at all. Hopefully we'll both get there.
Lucrezia, I hope you're having fun on your road trip.
Applekat, how was your vacation? Did I miss you telling us about it?
Rocks, I hope it feels good to be back in school, and I hope this term is your best yet.
Freein, you're smart not to be complacent, but I hope you still feel good about what you've accomplished. You are an inspiration to us all.
Izzy, it's always good to see you check in, and I hope things are going well with you. Addiction is frighteningly powerful, but the determination to get to the other side of it can be even more powerful, especially with the support of others. I hope we all remember to ask for help and support when we need it.
Topspin, how's that painting coming?
Up, I hope all is well with you.
I hope our absent fools are continuing to read the thread, even if they aren't posting. I still think about you all, and hope you know you would be welcomed back at any time.
My house painting is coming along nicely, and all of the priming and prep should be finished today. It will feel so good to start putting the actual paint on the house, but even just the primer is an improvement. We've been slowed down a bit by a bee's nest in the ground against one side, and the power is getting cut to my whole neighborhood today, so no power sanding will also slow it down a bit, but there isn't much sanding left to do, fortunately. I sprayed the nest last night and this morning, which I feel kind of bad about. I've never used a pesticide in my life, but I don't know what else to do. There are still bees flying in and out of it, so I'll have to spray it even more than I already have. Yuck... I really wish I knew a better way to deal with this.
Everything else is going well, though, and the bees are my only complaint, so life is good. Now I'm just waiting for the lights to go out. It's already a half hour later than the power company said they'd be shutting us off, and they're still on.
I hope all us Fools have a great day.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Well, my unexpected extra hour this morning was a God send. My OHs car broke down as he drove out of the garage, so I ended up taking him to work, neither of us were late. I love it when things work out like that.

I've been on a training day today, so I feel like I've had a day off, no responsibilities, and no additions to my todo list. That's a great result in my book.

I'm home now, and the sun is shining, I've poured myself an Apple and raspberry juice, and I'm sitting outside listening to the crickets. Things don't get much better.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Adna- thank you, it really is working!
Old 08-26-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

4.21 AM,
Well..............

Obo is about to be a Father!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right Fools, she/the wife/my better half is pregnant!

I haven't told anyone yet as we lost a child in 2012 through miscarriage...

I'm very nervous already, thoughts are running wild.......

STREWTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stay tuned............
Old 08-26-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Congratulations Obosob!!! How very exciting! Parenting is one of the greatest adventures there is, and I'm so happy for you, and so glad you are sober for it.
I can only imagine the fabulous bed time stories you'll come up with.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Obo congratulations!!! Parenting is quite the adventure. I'm so proud of you getting clean and sober before-hand. The extra energy will come in handy. Will you find out boy/girl eventually?

It's so funny, I told a friend I had a baby itch this morning. And then I get to hear your news on here.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Congratulations Daddy Obo - A true Blessing
Old 08-26-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Congrats obo! Amazing news!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Obo

Wonderful news, congrats
Old 08-26-2014, 11:31 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Congrats Obo, ....

This is like Deja Vu, .......Ghostly ( from our April 2010 Class ) had a child at about a year and a few months after he got sober !

Great news mate !!
Old 08-26-2014, 11:38 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Congrats, Obo, what lovely news. Your baby will have a super, sober daddy, what a gift that will be. The timing is perfect.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Congrats obo!
Old 08-27-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
Topspin, how's that painting coming?
It's deceptively hard to make progress ,....but on the positive side , it's progressing anyway . .... just slowly. Was thinking today how it kind of parallels getting sober. ...just a day at a time.

Maybe it would go faster if I wasn't taking so many breaks, ( for *balance* and all )

================================================== ======

"I don't really have that worry that "this is only temporary" anymore. It's my life. "

Soli, ..... what you expressed there ^ ; ....sounds like a psychic change to me !

....powerful
Old 08-27-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hey all,

Just checking in. Hope everyone's doing well. We're in the full swing of fall at our house.

Was thinking- I've kinda come a ways in my thinking about this whole thing since I first logged on here a few months back ... "Everyone has problems", someone mentioned to me, when I was freaking out about what to say to my kiddos. It's true, no one is perfect. And me not thinking that I need to BE perfect is always something I have to remember. God's got me(and the ones I love), right where we're at. I think our relationships have grown, especially over the last few months. I was so scared of doing to them what my mom did to me ... But fear's never a good place to live from. We're all much freer now- I believe.

Congrats obo! Great news .

Love to all the fools-

❤️
Old 08-27-2014, 11:05 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Sobriety is definitely about freedom, for me.
To be able to first accept that there's a problem, without trying to justify it or cover it up, then to approach the problem with honesty and openness, is an indication that I'm free from the chains which used to keep me in darkness. The darkness of denial, secrecy, self loathing, self justification, and dependency.

The miracle is, that although it took years for the darkness to creep in, it started to recede the instant I made the decision to live free from alcohol.

Izzy, thank you for reminding me that it's all about freedom. Not just for ourselves, but our families too. Everyone wins!