Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 14

Old 09-02-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone, I skipped my meds and drank, I feel like a failure...
Old 09-02-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

It's whatever honestly, I don't even have a good excuse...but I'm starting over...my fiancé got angry with me and had a bit of a weap fest last night...but a new day...I just don't like the emotional roller coaster
Old 09-02-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

I can't keep failing like this tho, the meds are really helping me...i don't know what possessed me to just throw the towell in like that...
Old 09-02-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

You're not a failure. You're human. We are all human. But you're here and still working your plan/meds and that's important right now. Thinking of you today.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Thank you apple...it wasn't even like it was fun, I sat in a basement drinking all afternoon, wallowing perhaps...I keep looking for other peoples validation and I Shouldent....I keep desperately trying to explain myself and my actions, and feeling depressed when it dosent work....I take my anger out on people and it's not right...I got kicked out of a online group yesterday also, because I was talking smack...I'm an idiot lol...but I'm starting over...I'm just really upset still
Old 09-02-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

I understand. Drinking lost the appeal for me, too, the last few times. What was I doing?! What kind of choice was that to guzzle some wine on my own in bed and then just fall asleep. SO cool. Not. I think that's why this quote has stood out to me...

"I once heard a sober alcoholic say that drinking never made him happy, but it made him feel like he was going to be happy in about fifteen minutes. That was exactly it, and I couldn’t understand why the happiness never came, couldn’t see the flaw in my thinking, couldn’t see that alcohol kept me trapped in a world of illusion, procrastination, paralysis. I lived always in the future, never in the present. Next time, next time! Next time I drank it would be different, next time it would make me feel good again. And all my efforts were doomed, because already drinking hadn’t made me feel good in years."
Old 09-02-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

That's a really accurate and powerful quote, because of how incredibly true it is...I will absolutely keep that in mind...I'm just frustrated
Old 09-02-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Drugs and drinking is a huge issue for me naturally, but I really have a struggle with keeping my emotions in check, like it's all over the place, and the more I try to keep it in order I get even more pissed off, like when it dosent work...
Old 09-02-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Maybe time is just what it's going to take you to get through these lows. And the time will be shorter each time. Hope.

How's the weather in NYC? It was very fall-like for a bit upstate and now today and the next few days are humid and back to 80s!

I was really ready to order my first pumpkin spiced coffee and break out the crockpot and chili!
Old 09-02-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Yea...I'm sick of being an addict...
It's really hot actually and my car has no AC, part of my irritation at the moment
Old 09-02-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

I too am on a rollercoaster, ST. Back home now. Left the party in Vegas. Thankful that none of that has carried over back home, but feeling very low this morning. Things were so much easier when I was with my family. I, predictably, managed about two weeks here without that extra support. I need to try and find more support here for sure or this isn't gonna work out because I just can't keep going through this. It's not fair for me or my boyfriend or anyone. And it wasn't even fun. The drinking was a misery the whole time. It was like I was chasing a high I could never reach. And oh, did I try. I have a long day of class today. Was able to get my homework done last night, so school should be all well and fine. It's being here, today, alone with my thoughts that's killing me. It's really hard to be me today.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Ugh. Why is today so damn bad. I feel so panicked.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

I can relate to everything your saying word for word...it's relentless...I know it's a silly thing to ask for but sometimes I wish I was less of a thinker....it's relentless...I'm glad you survived the Vegas thing tho, that's an accomplishment you should be proud of
Old 09-02-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

ST-
To bro...you are not alone. I am with you. Been there many times. Just get thru the day. Life goes on,
Stay safe!
Old 09-02-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Thank you, I'm trying
Old 09-02-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

I survived work...relieved it's over today...making the promise to myself to not drink again today...bringing home a fresh chefs salad and gonna try to calm down....thank you all, I'll be on here all day honestly, and maybe just draw a bit
Old 09-02-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good plan, ST.

I could go for a chef's salad, too, actually!
Old 09-02-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Hell yea, my job makes it good too, and it's free which is even better...gotta do ranch! And fresh squeezed lemonade
Old 09-02-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

((Hugs to you ST & Rock))) - Thinking of you both today
Old 09-02-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Thank u so much