Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 14

Old 08-29-2014, 11:11 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Been a while sense I took photos I felt inspired in the city, I have a bunch more but my darn iPhone died so quick...the struggle is real lol...I felt so fitting the stereotypical New Yorker sitting in a Starbucks hunched over my I-devices XD
Old 08-29-2014, 11:14 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

The selection of grill-it-yourself meats was tantalizing to say the least!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:15 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Catch up with y'all tomorrow, need some shut eye, stay strong everyone <33
Old 08-29-2014, 11:16 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Administrator

sleep well ST

D
Old 08-30-2014, 12:04 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

New York is iconic isn't it, I would imagine you'd be able to buy any food specialty there. I live in the country here in England, but I did enjoy my recent trip to London. There's something vibrant about being with such a variety of different folks. Everyone functions more quickly in the city, nearly got run over on Oxford Street because I was dawdling so much.

Tops, we have a go at most things when they break, but we're not always successful. I have a bag of clock bits in the attic, after tackling what looked like a straightforward problem! How difficult can it be? Turned out it was very difficult, and fiddly, should have taken it to the shop to be mended. Lol.

Have a great day all.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning Fools - So great to wake sober & not hungover this am & have 3 days off ahead of me. I have been extremely tired this week....so much to do, but zero energy level. I have not been doing my exercise program at all & not eating all that great, so am going to focus on that a bit & see if that won't increase my energy. I'm sure my body is a little confused as to whether I am going to be treating it well or drowning it with alcohol....I have 18 days today, and so thankful for that.

I think I may be tired due to all the painting & repair work Adna & TS have been doing That is fabulous & the enthusiasm & energy ALL of you have with your length of sobriety is inspiring - I will go easy on myself & look forward to that!

So good to hear you doing so well Solilo, ST, Freein, Kat & Obo! So glad you are settled into your new place Dee & to see you here again!

Hope you are dong well Kelly......have been thinking of you & hope to hear from you soon.

Off to get my hair trimmed this morning & take a bag of Son's clothes out to my little nephew. Have a great day Fools!
Old 08-30-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Freen- yes I feel the same way, it was nice to be there...and yes you can get ANYTHING in the city food wise...I never tried it before but pork belly BBQd was amazingly baconesque lol...
Nother day of work here nothing spectacular or crummy here...I jumped on some depression and self harm forums outside of this site and gave some positive words and insight to mostly teens struggling with the same kind of issues, letting them know that it's not darkness forever and stuff like that...
Stay strong everyone <3
Old 08-30-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Mariah, tiredness has been an issue for me too. It is definitely improving as time goes on though, so hang on in there. 18 days is great to have under your belt, be kind to yourself you're doing great.

ST, Its lovely to hear that you're able to help other young people. The world would be such an amazing place if everyone took time to help others through their plight.

Hope all of the Fools are having a good weekend.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

I'm struggling pretty hard right now. In Vegas visiting family where everyone is drinking and gambling. Keep thinking of last time I was here a few years ago and had one drink and walked around the strip and had a great time. But that was then I guess. And maybe today I can have no drinks and have a good time. There is just alcohol all over the house and all outside obviously so feeling overwhelmed and like there's no place to go to escape it... I wouldn't put myself in this situation if I didn't have to but I came up for my boyfriend's grandfather's funeral and I wasn't expecting it to be so, well, vegasy. On day 67. Hoping to make it to 68 tomorrow...
Old 08-30-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi Rocks - 67 days is fantastic & glad you posted here tonight. Hang tight there & you will be feeling great in the morning with 68 day!!
Old 08-30-2014, 08:59 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Vegas: Classic!
What a test!
Day 67 rocks, awesome.....
Hang in there....
What a huge win this will be for you!

stay tuned.....
Old 08-30-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're there for your BF and his family Rock - no drinks necessary

D
Old 08-30-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

You've got this, Rocks.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:17 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing applekat?

D
Old 08-31-2014, 04:06 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

I stayed the course at the Labor Day gathering! Chose some yummy root beer and several homemade cookies.

Up bright and early with my little one after a late night.

It feels so good. Day 13 consecutive.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Yea Applekat!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Hey everyone!!

Back from my trip. Still sober!! Day 32 I think... (33 is the longest I've gone since trying to quit)

Congrats Obo!!

Also, it's good to see people getting their art out. Not only have I decided to do more art, but I'm also going to try writing my novels again. It gives me a good feeling that is better than drinking.

I just realised that when I think of drinking, the first image is me of a terrible hangover, wondering if I've gone too far this time and my body will just shut down. I was scared. So maybe that imagery is helping a lot. Before, my first image would be of how good it apparently felt to drink... but this time... I can't get it out of my head what all of the terrible consequences are. That is good.

Oh, on the way there, on my road trip, we got in a little car accident. The driver fell asleep and swerved into the opposite lane. It freaked the hell out of me (I had already had a phobia of highways and crashes in general, so....)
Anyway, when we got to our destination, we all met up with some other people and went out for dinner. And there were drinks. People were like "I need a drink, that was scary, time to relax and unwind and forget about that accident..." and I can't tell you how badly I wanted to do the same.

But I knew that they would stop after one or two, three at the very most, and I would either keep drinking, or really WANT to keep drinking.... and just awaken the beast. Drinking a couple drinks doesn't even feel good - it feels like starting an itch that you can't scratch.

So! Made it through that sober. And I filled up my time with glorious things in a bigger city than I'm from, and it was wonderful.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'm glad your OK Luce & that your enjoyed your gettaway & Fantastic on 32 days

Good for you too Kat on a sober labor day outing!! Enjoy your day today

I am back in bed with a nice cup of black coffee to start the day. My 7 year old great niece & 10 year old great nephew spent the night with me last night - we went for a nice bike ride & had some good laughs. Their Grandma (my friend who was younger than me) died about 4 years ago. They have called me Grandma before when they stayed with me & I told them I was their Aunt & I thought that is what their Mom would want them to call me, but they were calling me Grandma again last night....I think my friend would be OK with that but don't think their Mom would.

I am going to take my Son & nephew to get some school clothes today, as not one of us likes to shop...I am not looking forward to it at all, but it has got to be done.

Hope everyone had a good day
Old 08-31-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Luc...and applekat

Glad to hear you're doing ok too Mariah

D
Old 08-31-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Congrats on all the victories y'all !

Freein, ...how did the mechanical work go !??

Still poking along with this seemingly endless exterior, ...making a little progress day by day though. Trying to stave off any long held perfectionistic sufferings
......... keep reminding myself it's not a church.

Rocks , ....this phrase is, well , ..... wonderful !

"......and I wasn't expecting it to be so, well, vegasy."