Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 14

Old 07-16-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
No, I haven't exchanged any photos of myself, Bob. I will know who Snoozy is anyway...the lady with the iced coffee and fruchocs!
Hahaha ya got that right sober sister !
Old 07-16-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hey Crois. Have you ever thought of doing counselling. Your replies to others on the boards are always so intelligent and well thought out . They always make such sense xx
Old 07-16-2014, 10:02 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Smile

writerun...maybe post a little more about your ups and downs, even if it's only in this thread, with us? Maybe that will make you feel a bit more connected? Sometimes bouncing something off others takes half the weight away?

Just a thought. I know you said you are a private person, so completely understand. I never mention things like my children on the forum, so you don't have to feel you have to say everything.

Don't be a stranger.
Thanks Croissant

So here goes...

It's been a wonderful day and I am really *Grateful*. I went to my weekly therapy group after work and it was fantastic. I got to open up about what's been going on and couple other people were going through similar stuff and in the end, it was all about loving, accepting and approving of myself *unconditionally* and not worrying about what people think and trying to fit in, etc... Thanks to Louise Hay's affirmations.
After group, I went for an amazing run by the ocean with clear blue sunny skies and made an amazing veggie dinner after...

Oh, I also discovered the power of EFT last night. I watched a youtube video and it was amazing how it affected my well being immediately, in a few minutes...If anyone's interested, you can google or youtube it "EFT".

That's it for today. Have a good night/day.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:18 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Writerun....cool, I will watch that EFT video as part of my sobriety lesson time tonight! Always love a new idea!

Will report back later.

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Hey Crois. Have you ever thought of doing counselling. Your replies to others on the boards are always so intelligent and well thought out . They always make such sense xx
Thanks Snoozy...I did actually do it a very long time ago. I'm not formally trained, by today's standards or anything. I think that was back in the day you could provide a support service without having to pay huge insurance premiums.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:50 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thanks whiterunsober , i too shall watch it ;-) thanks and glad you had a good productive day . Xxx
Old 07-17-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

EFT,electronics funds transfer?
I wish it was Friday.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi all,

No I have not drunk.
Reading "Drink" by Ann Dowsett Johnston. She said her depression and anxiety got worse when she got sober. Things began to get better at about 18 months. She fervently embraces AA. I don't know, I don't like it. I'm more than an alcoholic. Nuudawn posted something about this. I get it. I don't like who I'm becoming in sobriety. I got angry and swore at rehearsals last night. I can't seem to control myself.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Leshar hiya hun xx

Are you still getting enjoyment from the acting .

There must be something that can work for you . There just has to be .

Going back to ones that didn't work is like flogging a dead horse to me .
Old 07-17-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Day complete
Old 07-18-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

TGIF everybody!!!
Well,for us on this side of the world.
Talk about a beautiful morning.
Hope to hear from everybody.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
TGIF everybody!!!
Well,for us on this side of the world.
Talk about a beautiful morning.
Hope to hear from everybody.
Really? It's so cold here today.

I hurried out and got coffee this morning...but it felt too cold to get out and go for a long walk.

I will try and get up early and take some early pics. I'm also going to book my whale watching.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Really? It's so cold here today.

I hurried out and got coffee this morning...but it felt too cold to get out and go for a long walk.

I will try and get up early and take some early pics. I'm also going to book my whale watching.
A crisp cool morning..huh?
Love your picture,Crois.
I have a few more to share. Maybe later tonight I'll post a few.
And not of my moon.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hahaha...I enjoyed the moon pictures. But thanks for the heads up!

Work today, Bob?
Old 07-18-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hahaha...I enjoyed the moon pictures. But thanks for the heads up!

Work today, Bob?
Yup, working today.
I'm at a computer almost all my waking hours,Crois.lol
Old 07-18-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Beautiful morning here, too, Bob. My daughter and I spent most of the day yesterday at the zoo. It was the perfect day for it. Wish we could keep this low humidity weather!!

Not much else going on here. May take our daughter to HersheyPark tomorrow What is everyone else doing this weekend?

Leshar, I have to agree with some others here - it seems like this acting is really bringing you down. You seemed to be doing so well before you started this play? I would get a second opinion too on those meds. There are so many people that suffer from depression and have the right meds to help them. Thinking about you ...
Old 07-18-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Love to see more of your moon Bob :

Well ..what a friggen day i had !

Went to work in great spirits and a spring in my step . That all turned to Shyte quite quickly .

I saw shitzes mum , first time I've seen her since she got back from her holiday .
I walked up to her with a big smile and said hi Gail. Gave her a hug and immediately sensed an ' uh oh ' call it instinct .

I said I'll catch up with you later , no smile on her part but it was quite busy also .

2 hours later we bumped into each other near her physio room .

I said how's things , how's Jeff , did you have a good time away apart from your dad being in hospital .

She just looked straight and me and said ' I'm not very happy with you ' you ruined my holiday by ringing me up and telling me about Bonnie . ( shitz )

Ok i didn't see that coming ! She then said you don't have to worry because i wont be giving her to you again , I'll let someone who knows how to deal with dogs look after her ... Wtf ! She knows I've done dog rescue for years and re homed ex racing greyhounds etc.

I was truly gobsmacked .i just stood there and let her give it to me , i was shocked .

I hate that i cant think straight when i get attacked :-(

I started to walk off , then turned back and said Gail , i was doing YOU a favour .
She said don't worry about it you wont have to do that again !!!!

OMG i could feel my tears welling up but didn't want to cry in front of her so i just turned away and walked into a store room .

Nice ' friend ' hey !
Old 07-18-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi Snoozy, we must have posted at the same time. I can't believe this woman said those things to you after you were kind enough to take care of her dog?! Sounds like a horrible, childish and selfish person?! I got so angry just reading about what she said to you. You don't deserve that! I'd be glad to be rid of her and her annoying dog. Don't let it get you down, you are right - you were doing HER a favor. Some people are just so self-centered, ugh!!!
Old 07-18-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

What? What?

Who does that?

You work with this woman? I assume you rang her when she was away to update her on her dog? What's wrong with that?
Old 07-18-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Ladybug, are you showing much now? How many weeks now?

Has peanut got a name yet?
Old 07-18-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

You are well rid of her, Snooz! Problem solved. I'm very sorry she hurt you, though.