Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 14

Old 07-20-2014, 12:02 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Hello and goodnight everybody.
Hi Pete
It's 11:30 pm and I'm up too late.
Had a nice day just relaxing outside today.

Snoozy,

I only have one thing to say about that woman.
"Don't make me come down there!"
Ole reference to my father and a whopping.

Take care my friends.
Hahaha Bob , that brings back memories lololol xxx
Old 07-20-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Had a very busy week at work then the fiancées graduation! Il share a picture from it =]

Enjoy my Sunday off (never work Sundays) !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-3913890278.jpg (101.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 07-20-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

You guys make such a cute couple, Pete.xx

Your fiancé is gorgeous! What did she study again?

Glad it went well. Love the butterfly bush in the background.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Pete i love that pic :-) thanks for sharing it with us xx lovely looking couple you are .

So bored here Sunday night , alas flicking the channels and now watching the ladyboys of Thailand ! Riveting!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Pete, thanks for posting that lovely photo! You are such a handsome couple! You look to be in good shape, did you lose weight, get fit in sobriety?

I'm attending AA meetings, albeit reluctantly, but I want to do all I can to get in a better place about being sober.
My bro responded. I'd said something about how it's difficult to deal with our family melancholic temperament. He said he was more alcoholic than melancholic. I guess he acknowledges his difficulty, but he functions well. I'm not atm.
My acting group pals are in touch, but I can't talk to them. What is wrong with me, I'm going to lose their friendships.
Please don't beat me up for feeling as I am at present. I want to stay connected to you guys, but I can't pretend that I'm doing fine.
Isn't that the point of these classes. I don't want anyone to "fix" me. I just want a safe place to be heard.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

I dunno Leshar :-) i kinda looked at being in these classes to help me be heard and get fixed .

Connecting with you all was brilliant , but aiming to get fixed was my priority .

Then once you get fixed its a maintenance thing . Keeping in touch

Like getting your car serviced .
Old 07-20-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

I went to the zoo the other day , there was only one dog in it , it was a shitzu
Old 07-20-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

She studied teaching in early years. Will be doing supply work in September as she hasn't found a school yet. Yes lesh I have lost about 3 stone now, best shape I've been in since I was about 20.

Can't believe the weather in the uk. It's either boiling hot or storms!

Off to the future mother in laws now for dinner =]
Old 07-20-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
I went to the zoo the other day , there was only one dog in it , it was a shitzu
I LOVE the zoo!!!
Old 07-20-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Pete i love that pic :-) thanks for sharing it with us xx lovely looking couple you are .

So bored here Sunday night , alas flicking the channels and now watching the ladyboys of Thailand ! Riveting!
Hah,that was me last night. Good thing there was a goofy zombie movie on the SciFi channel.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

It's been quite a weekend.
The other day my wife was sitting in our screen house and noticed something on the hill side. Out came a grey fox young in, along with 2 other siblings. I managed to get a picture of one before he scurried back in the hole. Cute little things. We watched them for a couple hours.
Here's the picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Fox 0088.jpg (95.1 KB, 25 views)
Old 07-20-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Pete,
That is an very nice picture of you and you fiancé.
It's a great inspiration to see how good you're doing.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
She studied teaching in early years. Will be doing supply work in September as she hasn't found a school yet. Yes lesh I have lost about 3 stone now, best shape I've been in since I was about 20.

Can't believe the weather in the uk. It's either boiling hot or storms!

Off to the future mother in laws now for dinner =]
Oh haha Pete, I was thinking it was teaching, then I have a few of my cousins kids who are doing teaching.....so I thought I was getting confused! Hhehe.

I saw some of the bars with Ladyboys in Thailand
Snooz....it was actually pretty sad. I spent some time with them and such poverty. It's horrible. One boy had a family and his extended family to support up in the jungle and actually had a sex change to become female so he could support his family while working in the sex trade.

Another got beaten to an inch of her life because the men she was with found out she was a ladyboy.. (These were all after op ladyboys)

Really awful and sad. They were all secret Ladyboys.

I can't even imagine having to change my whole identity like that to scrape some money together in life. So very lucky.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Your chicken is safe from the fox, Bob?
Old 07-20-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Writerun, I watched that video, was it by Julie Schiffman?

I watched the demo, I didn't do it because I'm not feeling anxious right now as I've gotten through some very recent financial difficulties.

I love how she says please take responsibility for your own emotional Wellbeing. So true.

Nobody can do it for you, you have to make the effort and do it yourself. You said you found it helpful, writerun, as in, straight away, or did you repeat the process daily?
Hi Croissant,

The results were immediate for me... Here's more info for anyone who is interested : Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) - Emotional Health EFT = Emotional Freedom Technique.

I actually just used it again today as I was super anxious after an AA meeting, where I shared something really personal and felt intense guilt, shame, fear and self-hate afterwards and was triggered to use!

So, I came home right away, went onto youtube and watched her video and followed along. I did the first round, which eased my tension a bit and I was saying her phrases loudly as I was short of breath and then I could feel my legs still vibrating from the fear/shame. Then as I kept going with the process, I had 2 things happen to me - 1) I felt lighter and 2) A stronger desire to *release* the tension and urge that were overtaking my being.

I did the second round and I was definitely more relaxed and felt like I was back in control again. I went for my long run which just tore through the remaining urges and negative energy....

I brought EFT up in my group the other day and our therapist said that it is quite powerful and that there is Scientific basis for why it works - apparently it forces the brain to move away from the Amygdala to the front/logical part of the brain... It doesn't matter to me now why it works, it just worked and I am really Grateful that I can quickly tap into it and tap out of the insanity...

Hope that helps
Old 07-20-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Wow, writerun - I feel for you having such a high level of anxiety.

When I was in my 20s I had very high anxiety at different times. Just having to sign my name at the bank could send me into a meltdown, so can definitely relate.

It's no way to life your life. I'm glad I did something about it back then because it was extreme.

The explanation you use for tapping reminds me a bit of cognitive therapy also. Thanks so much for sharing. It's good to have things in the arsenal to use, rather than let things get worse. I really admire you for perservering.

Oh, and co-incidentally, I noticed someone started a thread on tapping here yesterday;

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...g-anxiety.html
Old 07-20-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not looking to fix anyone Leshar.
I'm not that good

This is absolutely a safe place for you to vent

I will continue to encourage you to look for solutions though because I really don't believe anyone deserves to be, or should settle for, being miserable...

least of all you my friend
D
Old 07-20-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Whiterunsober , thanks for sharing that with with us , I'm really glad you joined our class :-)

Bob they would have to be the cutest animals ever ! I'm so glad you shared that with us .

You and Crois take brilliant photos !

Leshar hope you are feeling better today hun .

Dee , love seeing you back in here . Ladybug are you having your scan this week ?

Luluuuuuu , think about you lots and wonder how you are

It was so nice to wake up this morning and see all your posts xxx

Hiya Purepoison , Pete , humbug , NCG Huntington , Fbl , and anyone i missed xxx

I hope your chicken is safe too Bob! ! Beneath that adorable face lurks a cunning little fox xx

Sorry for the bad shitzu joke , but it just had to be said lol .

I got told at work yesterday that I'm nominated for staff member of the month ! I didn't even know we had one !

Apparently a doctor , and two Rns have already nominated me ! Wow , it felt nice cos it hasn't been a good week there for me with Gail .

But it's good to switch off and just redirect those feelings into being nice to people and treating people the way i like to be treated

I have a long drive to Kapunda again today to pick Holly up but it's my day off so I'm just gonna enjoy the scenery and and play some great 70s music as loud as i can :-) I've got a great mix of songs . Bit of 10cc , Supertramp , The Eagles ! Simon and Garfunklev, Creedence cw , Abba :p , get a bit of Mamma Mia going and sing loud cos nobody can hear me lol .

Seasons in the sun , beach baby , Joey , oh but love grows where my Rosemary goes ...lalala
Old 07-20-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Chicken is safe.
The wire is buried underground and the coupe and run have every small crack or opening closed tight.
No worries.......
Oh good lord,I'm typing like an Aussie now,
Old 07-20-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Chicken is safe.
The wire is buried underground and the coupe and run have every small crack or opening closed tight.
No worries.......
Oh good lord,I'm typing like an Aussie now,
Hahahaha love it Bob !!!

Good onya mate !