Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 13

Old 06-30-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
I have a friend who is very similar to yours snoozy. Just cannot accept that I no longer drink and wont be drinking again. The other day I had a text 'Your close to a year arnt you, cant wait for you to start drinking again once you have achieved a year' . Not very supportive really. and when I said i was sticking to being sober i had a reply saying 'boring' !
Some people are unbelievable!
Catch up with him in 5, 10 or 20 years time and see where drinking has gotten him...or maybe even never.

I'm grateful I have no friends like that.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
I hate to say it,but,looking at this from afar I would say your "friend" was planning to get you drinking again.
Again, this is just my interpretation of what happened here.
And I can certainly understand how not hurting somebodies feeling comes into play.
But, this will happen again. And you're going to have to put your foot down.
Even if it's not what this "friend" wants to hear.
Sorry Bob. I didn't mean to interrupt your very serious post....I was just reading it, then I saw Snoozy had changed her avatar to that Flaming Galah pic and I lost my ShittzYou, sorry.

I was laughing so hysterically, I literally was doubled up at the top of the stairs....your serious post....her stupid avatar. Oh, all too much!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Pete, I think it's so great that you're embracing sobriety at such a young age. Good for you!
Your fiancée sounds like a lovely and accomplished young lady. So happy for you.
Never mind your friend. You are the one with the exciting life!

Snoozy dear, it sounds like this woman is completely taking advantage of your generous nature. Guess its done now, but I wouldn't let her bamboozle you again!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Oh, Croissant! That's what did it!
Snoozy, you have a galah, don't you? What is its name? I can't remember if you said before.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Pete, I think it's so great that you're embracing sobriety at such a young age. Good for you!
Your fiancée sounds like a lovely and accomplished young lady. So happy for you.
Never mind your friend. You are the one with the exciting life!

Snoozy dear, it sounds like this woman is completely taking advantage of your generous nature. Guess its done now, but I wouldn't let her bamboozle you again!
Thanks Lesh. I am very lucky to have her in my life, even luckier than she stuck with me through my troubled times. I am glad I sorted it out young, its bad enough thinking about the last 4 years wasted let alone more!

Croiss you have to love the night time giggles!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Hahaha Crois i just HAD to return the favour of my good laugh from you :-))))

Aaah i love this place , it makes me feel so good xxx

Pete your friend is as bad as mine !

Bob I'm definitely gonna put my foot down I've gotta work on that one :-)))

Xxxx
Old 06-30-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Aussie slang definition ...Flaming Galah
A Flaming Galah is Australian slang for someone who is a bit doofus, a bit of a fool, a bit of a mentalist but nonetheless is a very loveable creature.

A Flaming Galah is a person who makes a fool of themselves but isn't afraid to laugh at themselves when everyone else starts laughing at them.
"Davo mate, you poured friggin' sugar instead of salt all over your burger."

"I'm gonna eat it anyway."

"Struth mate, you're a Flaming Galah."
by Seani Fool October 02, 2011

27 4
Old 06-30-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Also Pete , don't look at it as wasting 4 years ... You Woke up a Lot earlier than a lot of us here . No point in mulling on the past . You have a lovely fiancé , new house , new life , you job is good ..

Win win , you are a lucky guy
Old 06-30-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

I know. I only very occasionally look back at the past and feel a bit sick!

I am a lucky guy :P

I have a triathlon on Sunday, now that will be a real test of how far my body has recovered and improved in the last year.

I can honestly say I had never heard of a Flaming Galah before!
Old 06-30-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I'm feeling highly anxious and like I could cave and drink. I'm heading out to meet the other actors at a bar. What is going on that I'm so tense and feel like throwing in the towel? No way I expected to feel this bad at a year. I'm sure you're all sick of me saying these things, but I have to post how I feel otherwise I'm deathly afraid of just drinking. I see my psych doc on Friday. Just living and breathing right now seems so difficult. I'm finding it extremely hard to talk, to relate to others.
Well, thanks, I'm heading off and will do my best. I won't drink.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Boy, some of you have been busy today Just took awhile to catch up on all the posts.

Leshar, thanks for your honesty. Please do not cave and drink. You are so close to a year and you'll just hate yourself if you give in now. Post here all night if you have to. Hopefully your Dr will put you on some new meds on Friday that will help you. Hugs!

All is good here. Had a Dr appt this morning and my daughter came with me and got to hear her little sisters heartbeat. Very neat to watch her reaction. Feeling very blessed and happy. Hope everything continues to go well.

Been craving a supreme pizza so going to pig out on some right now. Have only gained 8.5 lbs so far so not too bad Think I had gained 20 lbs by now with my daughter hehe
Old 06-30-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Ladybug that's wonderful sweetheart great news , i can just imagine the look on your daughters face , so precious ;-) do you still get to take the scan pic home with you .
With my last baby , they had advanced to 3D video and were just in the process of colour .

I brought mine home , stuck it in Mum and Dads new VHS recorder , they upgraded from beta , ( oh the good ole ancient days ) then pressed play and now i have a glimpse of the baby on video as i taped ' Neighbors ' accidently ! Dammit ! But don't blink or you miss it ...ugh ...must've gone to school for the gifted <<<<

I'm so crap with technology , yet the kids take one look and work it out immediately :

We bought a new telly 6 months ago has all these new fandangled dooh dahs and i still don't know how to use it . Shaun's just as gifted , i should have a husband that does man stuff right!

We are like the blind leading the blind when it comes to that stuff and i get annoyed with him cos that's what guys do ! but i shouldn't cos i cant do it either , but then I'm the one who cooks ..wait....
Ok ......

Truce ..

Ladybug i can gain that many pounds and i don't even have a baby in my tummy , it's a gift ..let me know if you want the secret .

Leshar don't do it , you will regret it love . Nothing good will come of it . Kudos to you for posting when you feel like hell but you did it and I'm proud of you for that . Keep posting and seek comfort from us . We are your warm snuggly blanket ok . You need a good belly laugh , wish you lived closer xx

My galahs name is chooch :p he has attitude and does this weird walk and a quick turn of the head ,it's hilarious , I'll try to video it .

Last night was fun Crois , we better not lead the other good Julyers astray hahaha

Ok I'm offski , gotta fly , lots to do today . Gonna head into the markets with Shaun and Holly and buy lotsa nice fruit and vegies .

I need a new bag , i love the hippy ones at the market for only 10 bucks . They probably only last me a few months but i love that they are hands free and i can hold more things to buy ...

My favourite has all but worn out , alas i cannot throw it out . It has an elephant ( my house is full of elephants) on it covered in all coloured sequins , i have had so Many people ask me where i got it .

They must've all gone there lol cos last time i went there were none . Boohoo .

Gotta fly ...
Old 06-30-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Aww Ladybug, so cute...I loved it when my Mum was pregnant when I was 5, soooo exciting. It might fade a bit when she realises how much Mummy time the baby takes, haha....but I still loved to help.

Leshar, well, I'm sorry you feel like drinking, but I'm not surprised. I hope you aren't setting yourself up to relapse, but I know you are trying AA etc. funny thing, I woke up this morning and I REALLY wanted to drink. In the morning, WTF??? I'm a bit depressed, I think that's really what the problem was. It crossed my mind to just stay in bed all day.

I've got a lot to be grateful for, including my sobriety. Just have to flip my thinking today.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Oh Crois I'm sorry to hear that .but hell if you feel like staying in bed all day do it ?
You don't have to answer to anyone .you don't have to feel guilty .
Get a cup of tea or coffee , grab a good book or download a whole series . No biggie .
You probably used to spend a day after a hangover at times being Ill .

Why not be well and enjoy without guilt .

I do it often and NEVER feel guilty .

Hugs xx
Old 06-30-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Thanks Snoozy, you are right. Good point. I posted the other day in LadyBlues thread that to drink takes up at least 7 hours...2 hours drinking, plus at least 5 hours hangover...so yeah, a day in bed - "Mental Health Day", should be fine.

I guess I feel guilty because the job thing is so dreaming urgent. But you are right...I need permission for time out.

God, I feel like such a whinger, honestly, just wish this $hit was over.

I guess Dee is in the middle of moving house...poor blighter.

"So dreaming urgent"....what the....?? I'm leaving my predictive text in just for the pure, caramel (crazy), WTF.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:03 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Hahaha maybe we should all leave our predictive text in to see what we come up with .
When i got pissededness (pissed) It was more like 5 to 7 hours drinking then a hangover possible 24 to 48 hours as i got older . Makes me wanna chunder just thinking about it .

You are not a who get ( whinger) you are just dealing with crap today . You woke up with it and it'll probably be there til tomorrow . So why deal with it ! Check out on some movies .
Get under your warm covers , you save on heating and can pop in to talk with us .

You obviously gave more of a life than me cos I'm always here ..ugh ..seriously i probably spend 2 full days in bed a week just reading and not feeling guilty.

Shaun is sleeping , but when the girls need me , I'm always ready to do stuff , even if i cant be arsed lol ...coldness is comforting , i love winter xxx

So next time you are dreaming urgent , take time out lmao !
Old 06-30-2014, 10:30 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Who you callin' a "Who Get", lady. Hilarious.

I can see that and "Dreaming Urgent" sticking. Oh....and shittzyou, that is definitely sticking. (dee is gonna have a conniption when he gets back! Lol.)

Well, I stuck to your advice, the only inconvenience has been getting out of my dressing gown and going to get chocolate. So, I'm all set for Cheers (ironic) and The Bold and The Beautiful. (By the way, do you know B&B is repeated at 7.30am each morning?)

Anyways....I resolved not to solve one propel (problem) today at all. None.

I will get up early tomorrow morning, go for a big walk, and start again.

You were right Snoozy, this day was better than any bender could ever be....not that I was considering it, but I was mindful of it all day.....just how much time we wasting grinding (drinking ffs!) or recovering.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:32 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
I have a friend who is very similar to yours snoozy. Just cannot accept that I no longer drink and wont be drinking again. The other day I had a text 'Your close to a year arnt you, cant wait for you to start drinking again once you have achieved a year' . Not very supportive really. and when I said i was sticking to being sober i had a reply saying 'boring' !
Some people are unbelievable!
I have a friend similar , she announced Im now boring when we go out and is always offering me drinks, or a smoke ! We went out the other night ,
1. come round early so we can have a few before we go out
I will come early but I will have a cuppa tea
2. Have vodka it wont hurt your acid reflux
No I will stick to tea
3.Have a smoke
No I never have
4. well start then
GGGRRRRRR

ok why stay friends you may ask, I like her we get on well apart from she cant and I don't suppose ever will accept I will never drink again . I worry about her drinking she drinks every day and smokes ! looks older then her years and she doesn't care even though her sister died from drinking and her brother very nearly. I dont try to preach her I do sometimes say why don't you have a night off but it falls on deaf ears, she says what else have we got at our age to enjoy !!!!!
Old 07-01-2014, 01:02 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aw58 View Post
I have a friend similar , she announced Im now boring when we go out and is always offering me drinks, or a smoke ! We went out the other night ,
1. come round early so we can have a few before we go out
I will come early but I will have a cuppa tea
2. Have vodka it wont hurt your acid reflux
No I will stick to tea
3.Have a smoke
No I never have
4. well start then
GGGRRRRRR

ok why stay friends you may ask, I like her we get on well apart from she cant and I don't suppose ever will accept I will never drink again . I worry about her drinking she drinks every day and smokes ! looks older then her years and she doesn't care even though her sister died from drinking and her brother very nearly. I dont try to preach her I do sometimes say why don't you have a night off but it falls on deaf ears, she says what else have we got at our age to enjoy !!!!!
Yeah sounds exactly the same. My best mate drinks too much and ive told him to cut down but doesn't listen. smokes a lot to. Hes my age and recently had gout which is pretty caused from bad diet and excessive drinking. But wont change so ive decided to not bother helping anymore :P

How is everyone this sunny Tuesday morning? I have a day off work tomorrow so I am already in a great mood thinking about it!
Old 07-01-2014, 01:10 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Gout, in his 20s....god!

Tuesday evening here now....so Tuesday was great, Pete!

Anything planned for tomorrow? Or just a well deserved day off?