Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 13

Old 06-30-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hiya Huntington :-) oh well , you are here now and we are very happy to have you on board

You are right about the genXers Crois . My friend is 63 , she drinks every night , has rung me countless tiles times when pissed , i always have a quick ' out ' these days .

I couldn't believe that almost exactly a year to this date she brings more wine !
I looked at them , picked them up , popped them in the cupboard and haven't thought twice .i know how ugly it ended last time .

So many older people drink , or maybe i just see it now , who knows !
Old 06-30-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Bob, so cruel. You'll keep.
Wasn't trying to be cruel, Crois.
I had literally relapsed about 4 times before I made this one stick.

I just have today and then tomorrow here at work,then off till Monday.
Friday is a paid holiday so I figured I would tack on a couple days vacation to make it longer.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Sure enough , shitzes mum arrived with not 1 but 6 bottles and opened one up when she arrived . Poured a glass and thanked me . I said you have it and she said i bought it for you .
They left , the rest is history
That would be the last time I would ever deal with this woman again.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Hello all,

Dear Croissant,

I do feel for you in your current dilemma about moving or not, and with second guessing your decisions. Please don't be too hard on yourself. Look at how far you've come! It's very hard to realize family relationships are not what we would want. You're doing so well to be able to take a step back and not "emote" with your father.

Pete, we share the same date! I'm glad everything is going so well for you! Your boss must be thrilled with you!

Snoozy, I just don't understand your friend! You are very generous and kind to still look after her dog. How did you stop yourself from getting mad at her? It sounds like she is the princess, never mind her dog!
Old 06-30-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Hey Leshar, how's you Monday going?
We're having some really nice weather here for a change.
But alas, thunderstorm are building for later this week.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Wasn't trying to be cruel, Crois.
I had literally relapsed about 4 times before I made this one stick.
Bob, I know, it was a tongue in cheek/ mock hurt on my part. 26 July is still an important day to me. Whatever possessed me to say enough is enough and actually mean it that day, has stuck, despite the slips.

Thanks. Leshar...yeah, never mind about my meanderings. I'm definitely overwhelmed a bit. I know it. Knee jerk reactions are never good - I'm just sick of thinking, of trying to work out solutions. Then when I say that out loud, I berate myself for leaving the job last week, and it becomes a circle.

I thought the weekend would have rejuvenated me, but it hasn't. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Hi Bob, Thanks for asking. Well, still here, still struggling. I do think I'm quite depressed. I called my psychiatrist this am to see if I could get an earlier appointment. Haven't heard back yet.

I'm glad for you that you will have a nice long weekend. It's Canada day tomorrow. I don't have any plans. I might go down to the park, I think there's something going on.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, Croissant. It's hard to have to make all these important life decisions on your own.
You are a very courageous woman, I admire and respect your fortitude.
It seems to me that you get on with things. I know I get too bogged down in thinking. I'm trying to follow your "time limit" for thinking! As you say, it takes work and practice!
Old 06-30-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Thinking of you, Croissant. It's hard to have to make all these important life decisions on your own.
You are a very courageous woman, I admire and respect your fortitude.
It seems to me that you get on with things. I know I get too bogged down in thinking. I'm trying to follow your "time limit" for thinking! As you say, it takes work and practice!
Oh yeah, my bloody time limit for thinking isn't working too well this week! Thanks for reminding me.

I'm glad you are at least giving AA a try too. I can understand having to get your head around the shame part, for sure.

None of us should be ashamed for doing something 100% positive. Eye on the prize....I must take my own advice. Leaving that job was for a 100% positive reason. I wanted to bitch slap the project manager (who I hadn't been introduced to during the interviews) since day 1.

Anyway, two swear words in one post, I better calm down.

(Snoozy started it with the Shittzyou...blame her, I will!)
Old 06-30-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

You are so right Bob ! I don't know why i can stand up to some people and not others ????

You got me thinking .....

If she really was a friend , she would have respected my wishes and not brought any over !
Also...i didn't offer to look after her shitz ( lol). She said to me one Sat morn at work " oooh by the way I'll be needing you to look after Bonnie again , dads sick and i have to go up and see him .
I didn't know what to say ( my first instinct was ..your dog was a pain in the butt peeing on my new $300 carpet etc ..but what do i say ....

Ok.....!

And do you know why , cos i didn't want to hurt her feelings .

Ugh i need a slap , when she dropped her off she said see you Thursday .

When she rang to check on her , i said see you Thursday . She said not this Thursday NEXT THURSDAY! .. hmm Shaun's not really happy , cos she barks , yet she made it look like she was doing ME a favour saying how lucky my dogs are cos they will LOVE having her to play with .etc ...

Looking at it now , i know if i said would you be able to look after Lewis or Jack she wouldn't be happy ..wtf is wrong with me grrrr!!!!
Old 06-30-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

6 bottles of wine!! I would rather they gave me the cash!

Ive been given a fair amount of alcohol the past 12 months as gifts. They have worked wonders for me giving as gifts to other people haha!
Old 06-30-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, my bloody time limit for thinking isn't working too well this week! Thanks for reminding me.

I'm glad you are at least giving AA a try too. I can understand having to get your head around the shame part, for sure.

None of us should be ashamed for doing something 100% positive. Eye on the prize....I must take my own advice. Leaving that job was for a 100% positive reason. I wanted to bitch slap the project manager (who I hadn't been introduced to during the interviews) since day 1.

Anyway, two swear words in one post, I better calm down.

(Snoozy started it with the Shittzyou...blame her, I will!)

Oooh Crois PML hahahaha , i laughed out so loud then , I've actually got a few tears ....sometimes a post can really do that , but right at the end

That chuckle slapped me out of my bitchy lolol luvya guts !
Old 06-30-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Does your fiancé drink at all, Pete? Did she change her drinking habits to help you out?
Old 06-30-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
6 bottles of wine!! I would rather they gave me the cash!

Ive been given a fair amount of alcohol the past 12 months as gifts. They have worked wonders for me giving as gifts to other people haha!
Same here Pete ! Re gifting is a good thing . :-) i get wine from patients at work and just re gift . Xxx
Old 06-30-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Smile

Does your fiancé drink at all, Pete? Did she change her drinking habits to help you out?
She doesn't drink really. maybe a glass or 2 a month if that. She drank a little bit more when I did but she has never been drunk. Lucky really as it made my recovery easier.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
She doesn't drink really. maybe a glass or 2 a month if that. She drank a little bit more when I did but she has never been drunk. Lucky really as it made my recovery easier.
That's really good. I'm glad she's stuck by you too.

Well, she's not getting out of it, soon!

I should be off to bed....why do things get exciting here when it's time for me to sleeeeeep!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
You are so right Bob ! I don't know why i can stand up to some people and not others ????

You got me thinking .....

If she really was a friend , she would have respected my wishes and not brought any over !

I hate to say it,but,looking at this from afar I would say your "friend" was planning to get you drinking again.
Again, this is just my interpretation of what happened here.
And I can certainly understand how not hurting somebodies feeling comes into play.
But, this will happen again. And you're going to have to put your foot down.
Even if it's not what this "friend" wants to hear.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

That's really good. I'm glad she's stuck by you too.

Well, she's not getting out of it, soon!

I should be off to bed....why do things get exciting here when it's time for me to sleeeeeep!
You live on the boring side of the world.
Just kidding.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

OMG Snoozy, I am in freaking hysterics here!!!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

I have a friend who is very similar to yours snoozy. Just cannot accept that I no longer drink and wont be drinking again. The other day I had a text 'Your close to a year arnt you, cant wait for you to start drinking again once you have achieved a year' . Not very supportive really. and when I said i was sticking to being sober i had a reply saying 'boring' !
Some people are unbelievable!