SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2013 Pt 13 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/336335-class-july-2013-pt-13-a.html)

Dee74 06-22-2014 06:47 PM

Class of July 2013 Pt 13

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-12-a-21.html

D

Croissant 06-23-2014 12:43 AM

I think everyone knows how to get here from the old thread, Dee? There was no link at the end of the old one when you closed it?

Leshar....hope your visit at the psych helps as I said. Or PAWS....the meditation episode reminded me if your hiking group right in early sobriety, when dogs jumped on you and you left in tears. Like a panic attack?

Did you really "want" to go to meditation, or talked yourself into it? Taking on a lot all at once because we think we "have" to do all these things might be dangerous.

You've just got back from overseas, and have lines to learn for your play...I think the meditation is a good idea, but if you are panicking yourself before you even get there....I'm not sure what the point is?

Sorry you feel sick of yourself. I'm. Not sure why you wouldn't post, but if it's too overwhelming to post, then you don't have to either.

Dee74 06-23-2014 12:54 AM

Sorry about that guys - waist deep in all the moving stuff right now. Link is fixed :)

D

Croissant 06-23-2014 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4735926)
Sorry about that guys - waist deep in all the moving stuff right now. Link is fixed :)

D

Oh, wasn't saying it was broken! Or nagging. Just wondered some knew how to find the new thread.

Totally unrelated to the above Dee, but I think I'll be quiet for now. :) I seem to be offending people lately, so I think I might give posting a miss for a bit. Just seems all too hard. What annoys me is, you have to be tough on yourself to stay sober at times, I don't get why people get so offended, when you don't sugar coat it.

I had to get tough on myself to break free as much as I could from this crap, maybe it doesn't work the same for everyone....I'm just over all the relapsing and the relentless threads of if you don't go all soft on someone, people get pissed off...It's like, do you think I've not had these tough conversations with myself? Is this a popularity contest?

Good luck with the move, Dee. I know you have lots of things to deal with IRL and totally appreciate how calm you have to be too at times. And please, I was not nagging on the link. :) just worried Leshar may not find it if she was still upset/distressed.

resolute50 06-23-2014 05:57 AM

Crois,

We're guys,we know what "nagging" is.lol
That was a gentle reminder. :)

Bored here at work again.
It was a fast 4 day weekend.

SnoozyQ 06-23-2014 07:29 AM

Crois , my darling , you have certainly never offended any of us here on this thread , nor have I seen it on other threads . You always leave helpful comments .
You speak your mind and say what you feel .

Please don't be quiet . I look so forward to your posts every day Crois, especially weekends when I'm too tired to write, but love to read SR .

How's your work going , are you a bit happier there? can you see yourself staying long term ? Or too early to tell yet ?

NJKitty 06-23-2014 07:47 AM

Hey Leshar. I get overwhelmed from just reading all of the activities you do! Sometimes I wonder, dang am I lazy or something. But really I am just content, I guess. I enjoy being a homebody. Isolation is, of course, not good, but sometimes curling up under a blanket and having a tv marathon (with ice cream and salty snacks) helps me to level and reenergize. Finish out your play, then give yourself a break. I am sorry if I missed some important backstory as to why you keep such a busy schedule, but I truly hope you find the peace you need without having to keep up such a busy and stressful pace. Keep your posts a coming. We are all here for you.

Crois: I like to keep it real too, but I too offend people that would rather get a sugar coat or just push the ick away. However, they all know who to come to when they want some honest feed back or when the cards are down ( I am not talking about SR, just life in general). I am glad to learn that you are a guy. Since you and Snoozy seem like BFF's I was under the wrong impression. Thanks Bob, for pointing that out. I am so glad that your are back to work and hope that this new position is everything you hoped for. It sounds like you have a lot of responsibilities to handle. Best wishes.

NJKitty 06-23-2014 08:47 AM

Bob: Glad you finally enjoyed a four day weekend. My central air on the fritz. Do you travel? LOL

Leshar 06-23-2014 09:47 AM

Hi, Nikki, our dear Croissant is a lovely girl!
I think Bob was referring to himself and Dee.

Thanks for your support and all you guys. I'll write more later.

NJKitty 06-23-2014 12:31 PM

Thanks Leshar. I thought she was a girl. Scratch That. She is a Strong Woman. Sorry about that

resolute50 06-23-2014 01:02 PM

"I think Bob was referring to himself and Dee."

Yes (tongue in cheek joke).

SnoozyQ 06-23-2014 08:36 PM

Hiya guys :-)

Yep Nikki , our dear ole Crois is a gal and a fellow Aussie like Dee and me :D

Haha , had to chuckle about the movie marathon and salty snacks . That was me last night / morning.

Holly D/L the whole American horror story for me :-) I've wanted it for eons . She watched the first three episodes with me then went Zzzzzzzzz. I stayed up and watched the whole first season (10 episodes) it finished at 8 am .

We ate potato chips , chocolate sultanas and choccie peanuts, fruit tingles and fruchocs and drank iced coffee .

It was the best night ever .

Sometimes you just need to have a day or evening of nothingness . It was so peaceful ;)
Errrrmmm even though it was horror ! I LOOOVE horror .

Might even be a sloth today and continue with season 2 :p

Sorry you are bored Bob ,the day at work goes so much slower when you are bored .

Glad you posted Leshar :-) was happy to see that luvvy xxx

Dee74 06-23-2014 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Croissant (Post 4736235)
Oh, wasn't saying it was broken! Or nagging. Just wondered some knew how to find the new thread.

Totally unrelated to the above Dee, but I think I'll be quiet for now. :) I seem to be offending people lately, so I think I might give posting a miss for a bit. Just seems all too hard. What annoys me is, you have to be tough on yourself to stay sober at times, I don't get why people get so offended, when you don't sugar coat it.

I had to get tough on myself to break free as much as I could from this crap, maybe it doesn't work the same for everyone....I'm just over all the relapsing and the relentless threads of if you don't go all soft on someone, people get pissed off...It's like, do you think I've not had these tough conversations with myself? Is this a popularity contest?

Good luck with the move, Dee. I know you have lots of things to deal with IRL and totally appreciate how calm you have to be too at times. And please, I was not nagging on the link. :) just worried Leshar may not find it if she was still upset/distressed.

I always appreciated your contriubutions throughout the forum Crois. You tell it like it is and you're quite fearlessly honest.

I think your voice is just as important as anyone else's here, so I hope you don't go too quiet :dee

and I appreciated you telling me about the link or I never would have remembered I'd forgotten LOL :tyou

D

SnoozyQ 06-23-2014 11:40 PM

:dance:

NJKitty 06-24-2014 07:22 AM

Snoozy: I love American Horror Story. Jessica Lange is awesome! Wait until you see season 2.

SnoozyQ 06-24-2014 07:43 AM

We are halfway through season 2 and loving it Nikki ;) one of the best series I've seen in a long time :) xxx

resolute50 06-24-2014 07:58 AM

I'm a big fan of The Walking Dead.
Started watching in season 2 and watched the first season during marathon runs before they start a new season.
It will be coming back in Oct. :)

Ladybug2 06-24-2014 08:14 AM

Hi all,

Just got back from our 16 week ultrasound and all looks good so far! :) Dr said we are due for a break. I'm starting to feel like I can relax a little and actually be excited. I can already feel some little kicking. I can't wait until they get strong enough where my daughter can feel them.

Hope everyone is doing well today. Croissant, I also look forward to your posts and hope that you don't stay too quiet. Us Julyers need you here. Not sure who you feel like you offended, but it certainly can't be true here.

Off to try and get some things done today. My "to do" lists never seem to get done these days.

Leshar 06-24-2014 02:11 PM

Hi Ladybug,

I'm happy to hear that things are going well in your pregnancy. It must be quite a relief to be at this stage. It's good for you and baby that you may now relax.

Ladybug2 06-24-2014 02:30 PM

Thanks Leshar! Still not completely at ease, but feeling better and more positive so that's a good thing :) How are you feeling today? I hope better - please keep posting and sharing with us. We are all here for you :)