Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 13

Old 06-28-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Congrats on a year, Snoozy.
I'm so glad you're part of our class.

Congrats on the job, AW.
My MIL is still working at 80 y.o.
So, it really all depends on how you feel, not the little bit of gray hair.

What's with everybody talkin in Aussie code?
Old 06-28-2014, 11:17 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Wow, Bob....MIL still working at 80. Amazing.

Good luck with your scrabble, Snoozy. So sorry you are feeling a bit green today *ahem* - hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:52 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Snoozy congrats on the 1 year anniversary, and to any one else I may have missed. We are all doing great to keep with this, whether we slip at time or not.

Leshar can I ask are you exercising every day? It really does make a difference to how we feel. You may not notice it for the first week or two but stick at it and it truly make a difference.

I know its hard to get motivated but it is so worth it.

We are all amazing
Old 06-29-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hi Lisa,

Thanks, No, you're right, I'm not exercising. This area of my health most definitely needs attention, especially as I've been gaining weight over the last number of weeks.

I hope you're doing well. It's nice to see a post from you!

I started a thread about an AA experience I had today. I'm tired and puzzled by what happened today, and how to best deal with it.
Quite wrung out and tired right now.

I hope everyone is doing ok.
Snoozy, did you mark your one year in any special way?
Old 06-29-2014, 11:48 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hi there my little July munchkins

Well so much for getting to scrabble on time , i lef half an hour early then got stuck in the city with road closures due to the showdown

Lined up a few Port supporters i could have planted my accelerator on !

Showdown is a footy game with two Adelaide teams' rivalry against each other *

I lost my first game of scrabble won the next 3 then lost my last .

Hopefully do better next time i like to win 4 or 5 .

Was a whirlwind day , i worked from 7 til 2 scrabbled from 2.30 to 8 , then took Holly's boyfriend home to Kapunda at 9 , that's a 3 hour trip , then came home and literally staggered into bed .

Must say its nice to stagger in from tiredness instead of pissededness ! Lol new scrabble word !

I was supposed to go to docs and get bloods done today but I'll do it tomorrow now .

My friend brought over her dog at 6 am cos I'm looking after it for 2 weeks ..sigh
She's a real little madam and a princess lol ... The boys aren't having any of that .

She's a real little 'Shitt zu ' that's for sure .

Smacko time .....shmakoooooos !

Old 06-30-2014, 12:59 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Ahhhh the adorable little Shittzz You....

You are a nice friend to dogsit, Snoozy.

Pissededness...lol. Thanks for the laugh - I needed that after my shower rant, tonight.

I'm not quite sure what I'm doing ight now. I really want to move home I think, but frustrated. Maybe that's why the job didn't work out. Dunno, I've clung onto this place I'm living in so I'm not "homeless". Just feel like selling everything up and going. Berated myself tonight for wasting the last 3 years on a good salary and have little to show for it. A monumental waste. Tried not to wallow in it, I guess it's not good to kick myself when I'm already down. Just feel like I've been slammed with stress for 6 months, and I'm not quite sure how much more I can take, and second guessing all my decisions. Ugh.

Not sure, just thinking out loud, really.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:46 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

CONGRATS ON A YEAR SNOOZY! Are you the first of us here to reach a year? x
Old 06-30-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
CONGRATS ON A YEAR SNOOZY! Are you the first of us here to reach a year? x
Nikki reached a year a week or so back. I'm not sure on everyone's dates.

Leshar, Huntington, PurePoison, NCG, humbug and Lulu - I'm not sure of their dates.

Good old Bob is the 26 th of July. (:P Bob)

And you Pete...are this Thursday....year has flown, hey?
Old 06-30-2014, 04:07 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Yes mine is on Thursday. Also the same day my fiancée finishes her teaching degree so we are going out for a nice meal to celebrate the two. Yes the year has flown by. I cannot believe it was a year ago I found SR and started my recovery!
Old 06-30-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Crois,
Yup, mine is the 26th.

Pete,

I was going through a list of all the accomplishments I've done this past year after quitting. The list is amazing.
Look at all you've accomplished as well.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Yes mine is on Thursday. Also the same day my fiancée finishes her teaching degree so we are going out for a nice meal to celebrate the two. Yes the year has flown by. I cannot believe it was a year ago I found SR and started my recovery!
That will be nice. Yes, I stalked back on some of your earlier posts - I didn't realise you joined on the actual day you stopped drinking. You've done so well. I assume your work is going well now as well? Do your managers know you've been stopped all this time? I hope they've given you good feedback.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Crois,
Yup, mine is the 26th.
Bob, so cruel. You'll keep.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
That will be nice. Yes, I stalked back on some of your earlier posts - I didn't realise you joined on the actual day you stopped drinking. You've done so well. I assume your work is going well now as well? Do your managers know you've been stopped all this time? I hope they've given you good feedback.
Yes i joined after doing some googling after being sent home from work that day. Spent most of the day just reading.

Boss knows im still sober, considering my bodyshape has completely changed and I am always so happy (plus im selling probably 4 times the amount) he is happy.

Am i missing something about the 26th date?! lol
Old 06-30-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Yes i joined after doing some googling after being sent home from work that day. Spent most of the day just reading.

Boss knows im still sober, considering my bodyshape has completely changed and I am always so happy (plus im selling probably 4 times the amount) he is happy.
Oh, that's good. You do sound happy too.

Am i missing something about the 26th date?! lol
Bob and I had the same quit date 26 July....I used to call him my sober twin.

Then I slipped in October and Feb....so basically, he's being mean because I'm not 1 year sober in July.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Thanks

Ah I see! makes sense now!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Yep Nikki got there first out of us Julyers Pete . The rest of us are not too far behind .
To your credit Crois , you didn't stay slipped , you picked up your game , gave yourself a good talking to and just got on with it .

Your motivation is to not drink. You had a few traumas to deal with , including the death of your step mum .

You have done her proud Crois i wish your Dad could see how far you have come and he and your sister appreciate the struggles and the triumph you have encountered .

We do ,all of us here .xxx

Pete I'm glad you and your fiancé are having a joint celebration , for me the ONE YEAR mark i think will always be my defining moment .

The friend who's dog i am looking after brought me 2 bottles of red wine and 2 bottles of white .

They were chilled and i was a little disappointed , I'll tell you why .

This friend , was the reason for my relapse last time . I got to 11 and a half months .
She asked me to look after her dog ( yes the ****** tzu one )

She said she would get me some lovely wines and i asked her not to as i wasn't drinking anymore . She said ooooh you deserve some nice ones . I asked her to bring chocolate instead if she felt the need to get something as i didn't want any payment as I'm her friend

One of my best friends who I've known since 17 and helped get my job at rehab helped me through my detox . The 3 of us actually work at the same hospital .i told my detox friend of my concern so she spoke to 'shitzes mum ' and told her i have had struggles with alcohol in the past and could she please do right by me and not bring anything as i had come so far.

Sure enough , shitzes mum arrived with not 1 but 6 bottles and opened one up when she arrived . Poured a glass and thanked me . I said you have it and she said i bought it for you .
They left , the rest is history
Old 06-30-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

What's her phone number?

Uggggh. Why.

Apart from the fact she knew better...I hate the fact a bottle of wine has become some sort of currency/gesture. I never drank it before I was a drinker....I hated wine (ok, I partook of some grungy Asti Spumante Back in the day).

It just really annoys me how everyone wants to act so sophisticated with the whole wine thing, and I tell you what it's a whole lot of gen Xers who are now wine sodden alco's...but no one wants to admit it.

Ugh, someone kick the Soap Box out from under me, please.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Good Morning all. Things are going well and our month is almost here. I wish I had been more active on this thread. You all see like fun people. Have a great day.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by huntingtontx View Post
Good Morning all. Things are going well and our month is almost here. I wish I had been more active on this thread. You all see like fun people. Have a great day.
Haha...it's never too late, Huntington.

Next. Tuesday. Noted.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
To your credit Crois , you didn't stay slipped , you picked up your game , gave yourself a good talking to and just got on with it .

Your motivation is to not drink. You had a few traumas to deal with , including the death of your step mum .

You have done her proud Crois i wish your Dad could see how far you have come and he and your sister appreciate the struggles and the triumph you have encountered .

We do ,all of us here .xxx
Thanks for all your kind words, too, Snoozy.

My Dad doesn't really realise about my drinking, I think he always just lumps me as the same as my Mum anyway, which kinda hurts, but in another he's the nut job out of the two of them, so I'd rather be like her as a person.

He's tried to engage with me, and now I'm a wake up to what I think is his borderline personality, oh boy, does it throw him when I don't engage with him the way he expects. So I have a bit of that going on in the background too at the moment.

Even though I don't have the full year sober....as in continuous days. They will come....BUT, when I know that this time last year I was drinking every day with no end in sight - the past 12 months are massive. I could not live that drinking life again...and I'm very sad I did in the first place.