Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 13

Old 07-08-2014, 12:20 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Hiya link .

Happy to have you on board with us , post away whenever the mood strikes

Dee , hi thee , lovely to see you back xx

Chookas lol ..after having 4 kids , i know it well .

That's what we will be saying to Leshar on play night

Busy , busy , busy , lots of running around , Holly is on school holidays , we were up early for pancakes , hit the shops , I've dropped her and her boyfriend Andrew at the cinema , they are watching , the fault in our stars .

Expecting the pick up call in 2 hours For now ..it's time to see what Hope.... or who Hope is doing on B&B
Old 07-08-2014, 12:41 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Expecting the pick up call in 2 hours For now ..it's time to see what Hope.... or who Hope is doing on B&B
Heyyyyy, she's confused is all. What's wrong with 2 boyfriends at once?

Oh and half brothers at that. Nothing creepy about that. *ahem*
Old 07-08-2014, 01:34 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Oh geez there's the call , just as the skies have opened ..ye gads !!!!!!
Old 07-08-2014, 02:02 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Oh geez there's the call , just as the skies have opened ..ye gads !!!!!!
I didn't watch it today....I'm watching the encore tomorrow at 7.30 am tomorrow.

I assume since the above made no sense you are talking about B&B!
Old 07-08-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

The call was from Holly to pick her up from the cinema :-) they've just started doing the encores here again Crois , they stopped it for a while , but it's back .

Watching the dome at the moment , inbetween scrabbling online and SR

How is everyone today xxx
Old 07-08-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Oh...gotcha...now your post makes complete sense.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Welcome to the class,Link.
No requirement here to join in the craziness.........I mean fun.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hey all,

Huntington, if you're reading, Happy First Birthday! ( I do hope I have the day correct!)

Big Chookas!! Dee, I love it! I can't wait to tell my fellow thespians!
Being a summer play, a good turnout(s) is not really expected, so our director is trying to get us to drum up as many people as possible to come and see the show. Tomorrow, we are having a "photo shoot" in costume. I'm not sure what promo material there're going to be used for. Also, we are having "head shots" taken which will be used on a board in the lobby of the theatre. I hope the photographer can use lighting to de-emphasize the bags under my eyes!

Croissant, yes the AV is there, but each day I get up sober I'm grateful. I may not be happy, nor content, but I am very glad to be sober.
My grieving of Larry was so complicated by booze.
My grieving of my constant companion, booze, is entering its second year, which like any grieving process, is actually worse, imo, than the first year. It's real now, I'm starting to really live it and accept it, and it's hard!

We are all to be congratulated, we're doing a very difficult thing.

Also, Croissant, I think living alone, and being fairly isolated, I miss having Larry praise me for whatever it might be, you know? Tell me I'm doing ok, or just that I look nice.
I've got to get beyond thinking that if he's not here to do these things, that doing them doesn't really "count". It's silly, I know.

I'm going to miss "Rake", I love that character! I've only a few episodes left!
Old 07-08-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Leshar....I can certainly relate to living alone, if nothing else!

And I've not lost a husband in the way you have, but just as you drowned your sorrow in grieving, I too now I'm sober, am grieving the loss of my ex back in 2007. Which I've mentioned before. I just drowned my whole life out. I don't even know what I want to be when I grow up! Ha....well, I'm kind of getting there on that one.

I've never "needed" a relationship, but I do very much miss one now. A lot. I looked at an online dating site...just to see what was out there..what the flow of the tide was, so to speak. Then I read some profile where the guy was saying how grateful he was to have survived a massive heart attack....and I was like whoah...I don't want no partner with health issues!

I of course know that is hypocrisy. I just thought my first reaction was funny. And a reflection on the fact I'm now middle aged....not in the same dating market. I dated a bit back in 09-11....but nothing sustainable of course. I had my No.1 love.

Obviously other priorities than dating at the moment, but I'm human, I can't deny I wonder what the future holds in that arena....I can be patient, but being sober, realising the stark reality that I'm really alone is confronting. Liberating on one level though. Definitely.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

One year ago today I put down the bottle. I have spent this year trying to heal my body and my mind. Right before I quit drinking I was in a wreck and totaled my car broke my back, but I missed the deer. I have not worked since. I was on my way to work in the wee hours of the morning when this happened.
I was in a full body brace for almost a year. My muscles got weak and the only way I thought I could cope was to drink. One night after drinking far too much, I thought I could go to the bathroom without putting my brace on and fell, wet on myself and had a huge burse on my arm in the morning. .
That morning I made up my mind to stop drinking. I don’t think you can quit till you make up your mind. I really believe that is the first step. I just quit. I was really lucky that the with drawl was not bad. I have heard lots of stories since and would never recommend that to anyone. I came here around one week sober. My mind was not clear and I was not sure how long I had been without a drink so I posted, day four. Later I looked at my calendar and realized it was day seven. Time had no meaning in the early days.
Day 12 I went to the pound and adopted a puppy. I needed company. My husband is an alcoholic and without me being drunk we have little in common. The puppy was such a blessing.
I guess I had an easier time then most as I did not have to go to work or deal with anyone outside my husband. I was not even able to drive yet. Whenever I wanted to drink I came to SR and posted or read or went in the chat room. The support was amazing.
A few months ago I ago I got out of the brace, but my muscles were weak, so I started therapy and then went to a chiropractor. It was hard work but I now am able to do almost everything I was able to do before I broke my back. I took no pain meds after the first week as I was afraid of addiction. I don’t need any now. I work out every day in my pool and am feeling great now.
The mind and emotions were harder. Most of the time I am fine now, but sometime things come to the surface that still need to be dealt with. I think we put that on hold when we are drinking. Now, I deal with things as they come up and I am learning I like me.
My advice to others would be to be nice to you. Treat you as you would your child. Be gentle and let thing go. I am enjoying getting to know myself. I don’t think I ever would have really known the real me if I had not quit drinking.
Is it hard? Sometimes it is. Is it worth it? YES!
Old 07-08-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Happy 1 year Anniversary Huntington!

Here, hug a puppy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (39.4 KB, 24 views)
Old 07-08-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Oh Huntington...I posted the above before I saw your post!

Thank you so much for sharing...I didn't realise you were so debilitated all this time.

So glad you made it through. So much wreckage in our lives...it's so scary how alcohol tells us we are doing fine so we keep drinking - when all around us is bedlam.

Thank you for being here my little July friend.xx
Old 07-08-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Happy 1 year Hunt! Massive well done!

Hi LINK!
Old 07-08-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

CONGRATS on 1 year huntingtontx and thank you for your honest post. I especially like your advice of being nice to yourself ... very true and something I definitely need to work on. Is your husband still drinking now that you have been sober? If so that must be very hard and admire you for staying strong.

Things are going well here. 18 weeks preggo now and starting to feel more flutters. And starting to feel really fat. This past holiday weekend with all of the cookouts and goodies didn't help

So, hubby is away in training for the next 3 days (will be home at nights) and I have to be honest and admit that my AV has made an appearance (first time in awhile). My husband works from home so he is here 24/7 - can be good and bad. Him being away and having the house to myself has always been a trigger. I know I won't drink, but it is still discouraging that my AV showed up the minute he left the house. Back in the day these 3 days would have been a drink fest in the afternoon followed by a pathetic attempt to get/act sober by the time he got home. He always knew. Anyway, going to try and stay busy so I don't have to sit here and argue with the little s***. Taking my daughter to a waterpark today so will be gone most of the day.

Will check back later. Hope everyone is doing well and welcome to all the new members
Old 07-08-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Happy 1 year Huntington .

Wow ! Thank you so much for sharing that post with us . You are an absolute credit to yourself .

I'm so glad you are part of our a July group , we can learn a lot from you xxx

1 year , yippeeeeee!!!!!!

Old 07-08-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Aww Ladybug. Your thoughts remind me of how I felt with my CD in the car the other day that made me think of drinking like there was no tomorrow.

They are just programmed responses from habit....like the old bell ringing for Pavlovs dog. You are starting to salivate just like the dogs did when they heard the bell ring.

It must be hard with all those memories welling up and him not there especially. But you have us, 24/7!
Old 07-08-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
It must be hard with all those memories welling up and him not there especially. But you have us, 24/7!
Thanks, Croissant. So grateful for all of you
Old 07-08-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

WOW ! Congratulations on 1 YEAR !!! Thank you for the post. That is so *Inspiring*
Old 07-08-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Lady bug, enjoy being prego and the new one when it gets here. Those were some of the best days of my life. Yes, my husband still drinks. He is drunk every night, but I am just thankful that I don't join in anymore. Mostly he is a quiet drunk, and if he says something stupid, I just ignore it. He won't remember it in the morning. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I am feeling strong and happy right now. Love to you all.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

I'm sure the 8th is another Julyers sober birthday. PP, is it you?

Uggggh. I thought it was Leshar, now it's gonna bug me. And LuLu....where are you??

And NCG...I'd love an update. :/