Old 06-24-2014, 02:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

great news ladybug

D
Old 06-24-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

That's awesomely fantastic, Ladybug.
Hope everyone is doing well this fine day/night.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ladybug that's fantastic news news sweetie :-)

This baby is going to bring you so much joy

Try to relax and ' get into it ' now . You can start letting your hair down , you're almost half way . I'm soooo super excited for you all .

Have you picked out any names yet ?
I just found out I'm an Aunty again , woohooo , loveit .

My niece has been up and down over a name , they knew they were having a girl but waited til she was born to see what she looked like lol .

She ended up looking like a QUINN . it's not a name i would ever have considered , but i actually really love it :-)

It's so funny when you are trying to pick out names and your partner suggests one and it's a girl you hated at school etc. you don't realise how many people you don't like until you have a baby ! Hahaha :-)

I dreamt she had a girl and called her ' Summer' lol close much ! Dunno where that came from .

Holly was going to be Jordan or Georgia , but i won out in the end , cos she just looked so sweet , she looked like a ' Holly '

Katie was going to be Charlotte

Rebekah was going to be Emily and Christian was going to be Dylan !
I still love that name and if i had another boy i was going to have it . I ended up having a nephew named Dylan

Names are fun and stressful .

Christian wasn't named for a week ! I was only young and we couldn't decide . I only found out i was pregnant at 14 weeks and i had him at 29 weeks ! So didn't have a lot of time to think about it .

Sometimes i wished i had chosen Dylan ...oh well , that's life and i think he's pretty happy with it .

Eke ...think I'm ranting lol ...

Have a great day / evening , my dear friends :-) love you all xx

Hope the move isn't too stressful Dee :-) xxx

Old 06-24-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, Dee, as you get ready for the move. Happy landing in your new home!

Wow, Snoozy, such an early birth with your son! That must have been a tough time for you. Personally, I love the name Christian. I'm afraid Dylan always makes me think of a rabbit in a kids show that I grew up with, I forget the name now.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hahaha Leshar :-) see what i mean tho lol . A name always reminds us of something

Yep i was only 17 when i had Christian . No sooner did i give my parents the not so good news than there was a baby in the house !

I was working and saving for a block of land , i had all these great ideas ..then Whoomp ! Right out the window with that .

Lol x luckily my parents were wonderful ( not so initially ) i remember crying on my bed after work , Mum came in , i told her ...the first thing she said was " well don't tell your father until he's finished his pork !!!! Lol

Cos there were 8 kids we couldn't afford good meat a lot , so bless her , in the midst of all that , she was still thinking about dad .

His reaction was quite different of course ....

If that bastard shows his face here tonight , I'll get the shotgun and shove it right up his arse !

Oh well ...it all turned out ok in the end haha ,
Old 06-25-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey all, sorry ive missed whats been going on, I didn't see there was a new topic! hope you are all well
Old 06-25-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

And I though all male children were named "Mick' and females names "Sheila" in Australia.

Well, today is my wife and I's, 20th wedding anniversary.
It a back yard wedding with a JP on a very humid summer day.
We don't have anything planned. Maybe we'll do something over the weekend.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 20 th wedding anniversary Bob. How nice it is for you to be sober for it .

Ahhh so many good things in life eh . We really appreciate them so much now. No longer looking through the fog and having a blasé attitude towards everything or being too sick n tired to care . I'm so proud of all of us xxx.

Ps Bob , it used to be Bruce and Shella .hahaha x

How's the big move going Deester ? Take it easy , we don't want you off sick my friend xx
Old 06-25-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Bob: Congratulations. That is wonderful. Please do something nice for eachother.

Snoozy: You must have been freaking out at 29 weeks and so young too. Life is awesome isn't it? I was pushing to name my daughter Penelope, but was vetoed.

Ladybug: Congratulations on reaching a huge milestone in your pregnancy. Kick back and relax a little with a delicious something.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Congrats, Bob, on 20 years!! I hope my husband and I will be celebrating 20 years someday (in 15 years, lol).

Snoozy, my daughter's name is Emily We have a couple names we both like for this baby, but don't think we have decided yet. Abigail (Abby) or Ella. What do you all think?

Hot and humid day here with chance of thunderstorms all day. Supposed to be going to a Phillies baseball game tonight if the weather holds out. Should be fun, but honestly, I am more looking forward to the cheesesteaks and ice cream

Hope everyone has a great day/night! Thanks for all your positive and encouraging thoughts, love you all
Old 06-25-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I know I don't post often, but I love keeping up with you all. Life is good. Two of my grandkids and my daughter are visiting for a few days. Having a ball. I love being a grandma. You all have a wonderful day.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody.
I'm really not to sure what to do, I'm at work. Maybe we'll hand out together and talk about that day. Maybe wait till the weekend and go out.

I think we have the same weather, Ladybug.
Suppose to be hot and humid today with T storms.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Ladybug , what beautiful names . My niece is Ella and my daughters best friend is Abby

Abigail is lovely . I considered Ella as a candidate also
Old 06-25-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Congrats bob!
Old 06-25-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

G'day Pete , how are you going buddy ;-)
Old 06-25-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Bob, congratulations on your wedding anniversary. I hope you and your family have a lovely day.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Married in '94,bought house in '96,had daughter in '97.
I was pretty busy in the late 90s.

You'll see, Pete.
You'll be saying the same thing about the this time in your life.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

I didn't know whether or not to post, but I've decided that I need to connect and I'm not looking to anyone to comfort me, or have any answers for me.

I'm coming to realize that I complain too much about my life, about my disappointment in myself and others. I'm struggling with accepting what is. Like Croissant says, sober just is. It's a way of life I either embrace, or lose my life by my own hand.
I saw my psychiatrist yesterday and I felt disappointed by him. I waited an hour and then felt rushed. I see how he sees me though, I reflected after on the drive home. What can he do, I alone have to get out of this rut. I feel a bit calmer. I have to accept things and remain hopeful that I may yet find a niche. Life isn't going away, I'm anxious, but more stoic.

Croissant, I know you're quiet atm. I understand completely. You have never offended me btw. I think you're one of the few people who has ever listened to me. It blew me away that you remembered that time I was so upset when the dog jumped up on me. Thank you, sincerely. I'm thinking of you.

I'm not a good writer, all I want to say is that I have to see this through, this sober life, and remain hopeful that it will not always be so painful. And be thankful to realize this.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Married in '94,bought house in '96,had daughter in '97. I was pretty busy in the late 90s. You'll see, Pete. You'll be saying the same thing about the this time in your life.
I don't doubt that! Looking forward to it!

Doing very well snoozy! Been training hard for a triathlon I have next week.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've never thought of your posts as complaining Leshar.

To me you were sharing what was going on and what was troubling you. That's kinda why we started these monthly threads

D