Notices

Class of August 2013 - Part 12

Old 07-17-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Orn, that's a good one!!
Old 07-17-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Beautiful pics, I'm sure it's very beautiful and most amazing is seeing it clearly and not taking it for granted!
Else, so happy you are doing so well...think of you often and am have learned lots from you and how you have faced up and taken control of yourself...
Well, off to the beach with grandchildren again. Going to a beach where they can catch crabs! Ugh! Oh well, keeps them busy so I can sit and knit! Wish I could master sending pics...can you do it from iPhone or iPad? My tech skills are very limited!
Old 07-17-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Sheknits, thanks for the great pictures! I've been to the Great Plains when I was too young to do any thing but whine "Are we there yet?". I wish I'd had enough sense to take in the beauty of it. I grew up in the Central Valley of California and thought the plains looked much like home not realizing that from home I could see mountains on three sides. Kids can be so self-centered

Then I drove cross country with my sister and a girlfriend in my early twenties and I still didn't see anything. Too busy looking at guys. Someday I will take a real sightseeing trip and think of you.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Beautiful pics, Sheknits. Down here in Alabama, we are experiencing a 'cold spell' due to weather coming down from Canada. Woke up to the temps being in the upper 70s and it is wonderful, so thank you for sending us some cooler weather!

Else, I loved reading your post update. You sound great. Way to take the initiative and turn it around. I'm glad that you finally found a med that works. I think you're going to see a world of difference.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Great pics...reminds me of the Kingston, Ontario region on the St. Lawrence and Lake Ontario.

The past few weeks have been transformative for me in terms of my sobriety and mental well being. I have completed my step #4 inventroy. I used the Jungian Recal methology to build out my inventory of resentments and each night for the past week I had the most vivid and intense dreams. My sponsor noted that this is good and common in some that really get into the work.

I am meeting with my sponsor this Saturday to spend the day with him to do my steps #5 through 8. Part of this will be alone in prayer actually. I am excited and nervous. I will be sponsoring someone beginnign next week who has reached out to me too, once I complete these so that I can pass this message along and help others.

I am also chairing my Men's AA meeting on Monday. I give talks to 5K people, Government Leaders aroudn the Wrold and I am perhaps ost nervous about Monday's meeting. My therapist laughed and saud, "well yeah, you leading with your most vulnerable position and speaking of character traists that you are not confident in and being authentic and honest." Yeah, so I get it but nervous none the less.

Anyhow...it seems like the tenor in our little class has shifted recently, which is nice to see improvements are not happening in a vaccum there is continuity to this process!

Orn - you are going to be fine on the sailboat. Get a Sat phone and call us if you need to.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

JD, good luck on your presentation. Those present are very lucky to have you.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Let our thoughts and prayers be with the families of fight ML 17....
Old 07-17-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Hi, all --

SheKnits, I also thought your pics were pretty. Prairies really are majestic. Have to admit I got a kick out of Orn's recollection, though, too!

Else, you sound more rested. Glad to hear that!

It's been somewhat chilly here, too, Kadi. Today, was darn near perfect.

JD, I hope your presentation goes well. I'm sure you'll do great.

Yes, Oceanlady, thoughts and prayers. I'm the world's calmest airplane passenger ... flew into Kiev once. What a terrible thing.

Take care, all. Headed back to Wisconsin for a family wedding shower, then back here Saturday night to prepare for visiting cousins on Sunday. Should be nice, though I may not be here much.

Best,
V.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

PS: Would be nice to hear from our friend FG!
Old 07-17-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Yes! FG, we miss you.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

11 months today. Was planning on going camping to celebrate, but lots of rain down here this weekend. Happy sober Saturday, everyone.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Congrats, Kadi! I wish there was a "mega-like" button for you!

I hope you do something special and fun, rain notwithstanding!

V.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Congrats Kadi! You've come a long way, baby!
Old 07-19-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Congrats kadi! Camping would have been fun!
Old 07-19-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Kadidee, congratulations on eleven months. Well done!
Old 07-19-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Kadidee - congrats on the eleven months.

I had an amazing experience today. I read my 5th Step today with my step sponsor. For those unfamiliar I read a thorough and honest collection of all my fears and resentments throughout my life. A common theme that developed is abandonment that has lead to a deep desire to be relevant and fit in.

I then meditated for an hour (step 5 1/2) and asked God to remove my defects and said a prayer (step #7). Finally, I made a list of people I need to make amends to (Step #8 to be carried out in step 9).

Lastly, I burned my inventory and watched it burn with my wife and kids in the firepit:-)

Old 07-19-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

AWESOME - SIMPLY AWESOME !

Old 07-19-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratultions Kadi

and congrats too you too JD - hope it was as cathartic as it looks

D
Old 07-19-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

One of the best experiences of my life. I feel much lighter.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

JD , that was a thick sheaf of paper. No wonder you feel lighter! I am so happy for you. And I remember your day is the 27th? 11 months. Great work.

Congratulations to you, Kadidee. It's been a pleasure to be with you on your journey. I remember all the folks in our "class" and here we are the only a few left. We've been through thick and thin together.