continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html

D
Old 06-25-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First one in new thread! Thanks Dee
Old 06-25-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 5 here, and although I have had a long and stressful day, I have no urge to drink.
Thanks for the well wishes, everyone! I'm feeling much better.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 5 here too. I'm pretty tired, so drinking wouldn't really do anything anyway lol.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 12. Nothing too much to report today. Work is slightly stressful, not new though. Feeling less paranoid about the being "found out" thing - I can't worry about what others say about me any more. I wish I could be that strong all the time, but I'll take it for today anyway. Take care sober buds!
Old 06-25-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

day 15 complete
Old 06-25-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 4 coming to a close. Went to a social event and had iced tea. Some people were drinking beer or wine, others not. I felt very comfortable. It was good to get out of the house and meet new people.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm shocked at how much money I was spending on booze. I went back over my credit card statements; well let's just say it was a lot of money and I have a pretty good job. You guys who quit smokes AND alcohol.....it's gotta feel like a pay raise!
Old 06-25-2014, 10:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 5 is throwing up some emotional stuff that's unsettled me a bit. I had been feeling pretty good so far, but I guess that's going to happen.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Omg guys I totally failed again! Bf came back from the bar with an 8 pack of tall buds and i drank all but 2. Far cry from my usual 12, but uggggghhh
Old 06-25-2014, 10:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

does your bf know you're trying to be sober bbf?

D
Old 06-25-2014, 11:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Start of day 4 and the last and final damn time I'm doing this.Still a bit paranoid from things that happened,plus who mixes anxiety tablets,alcohol and cocaine?...oh wait...but that's done so no point dwelling on that.

I know I have to speak to someone in person about all this but have to be patient due to my stupidity.But just want to say that sr has really helped and chatting to people and getting invested in listening to others problems has kind of kept me sane.So thanks to everyone and I really hope that we can all beat this.I want to embrace this and not be ashamed of it,we are unique if we can win this war IMO.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Start of day 4 - yippee. had a good nights sleep, don't feel so down on myself. Hopefully have restored my wifes faith in me. Lets flecking do this. Have a great day today gang. Keep on being strong
Old 06-26-2014, 01:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Day 24 and I think between the real sleep, sobriety, anti-depressants, and exercise, I'm actually starting to feel like I'm supposed to. Forgive me for not posting much lately, but in this case, no news is good news. I do promise to turn here first if I'm feeling tempted.

Hope you all have a great day
Old 06-26-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Early - you sound really good. I hope I can follow in your footsteps and make it through the weekend to continue on, and feel all the benefits!

BBird - Sorry. Dust yourself off and day 1 again! What change can you make?

Taffy/Django - I'm with you on day 4. Can't wait to say Day 8 Monday morning!!

Grant - Yeah those feelings are going to come. How are you dealing with them? Focus on your sobriety. That will make it easier to face everything.

On that note, I'm going to need to dig deep today; little man was up at 4:55. And majorly off since then. We've got two appointments today, too. YAWN. I wish my kids were the types that when they're sleepy/overtired, they just 'fall asleep' wherever they are. I laugh so hard (er, cry?) when I see pictures of babies and kids asleep in their chairs, or swings, or on the beach under a shady umbrella. HA! Not mine, they just get grumpier.

Hubby comes home today from his business trip. I think I can safely say I did it sober. No loner wine drinking here.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good morning, Everyone!

Up early and sober yet again. Not complaining ...

Looking forward to the Weekenders thread (which starts on Friday Australia time) and my fourth sober weekend in a row.

Wishing everyone a nice day!
Old 06-26-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Moment by moment helped, that and calling on some support. Days over now, so I made it :-)
Old 06-26-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

“I once heard a sober alcoholic say that drinking never made him happy, but it made him feel like he was going to be happy in about fifteen minutes. That was exactly it, and I couldn’t understand why the happiness never came, couldn’t see the flaw in my thinking, couldn’t see that alcohol kept me trapped in a world of illusion, procrastination, paralysis. I lived always in the future, never in the present. Next time, next time! Next time I drank it would be different, next time it would make me feel good again. And all my efforts were doomed, because already drinking hadn’t made me feel good in years.” Heather King, Parched

'When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.'
Old 06-26-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Well I'm a new member of the Class of June 2014. Yay! 4 Days today without a drink. YAY! Gotta keep it going. I feel the best I've felt all week even though the weather here in good ole Wisconsin is still gloomy and foggy.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome, ElleDee! Post away. I'll be hanging close to SR especially for the weekend.