Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 9

Old 05-24-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Couldent take laying in bed wide awake so I went for a walk at like 5 am for a coffee and a pack of smokes, came home and actually kinda passed out for like an hour, wish me luck at work
Old 05-24-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you and everyone else has a good day ST

D
Old 05-24-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hope you and everyone else has a good day ST D
thank you tired but got this
Old 05-24-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Good morning,
Kat, good luck with your race today. I bet you'll do great.

Freein, have fun battling the snails. I like the idea of marking them to see who comes back. Maybe you should number them, that way you'll know specifically which ones return.

Up, thanks for the early morning inspiration.

Rocks and Solitary, sorry you're not sleeping better. I know just how much that sucks.

It's 5:30 am here, and I've been awake for about 3 hours. I gave up on falling asleep again a while ago. I have a very long work day ahead of me, and getting 3 hours of sleep going into it is far less than ideal, but it will have to do. It's going to be a beautiful and warm day, and I'll be outside for all of it, so that will help.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Saturday!
Old 05-24-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
Good morning, Kat, good luck with your race today. I bet you'll do great. Freein, have fun battling the snails. I like the idea of marking them to see who comes back. Maybe you should number them, that way you'll know specifically which ones return. Up, thanks for the early morning inspiration. Rocks and Solitary, sorry you're not sleeping better. I know just how much that sucks. It's 5:30 am here, and I've been awake for about 3 hours. I gave up on falling asleep again a while ago. I have a very long work day ahead of me, and getting 3 hours of sleep going into it is far less than ideal, but it will have to do. It's going to be a beautiful and warm day, and I'll be outside for all of it, so that will help. I hope all of you have a wonderful Saturday!
totally feel your pain today for sure
Old 05-24-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

ST and Adna, I'm thinking of you. Hope you're work day goes well, and that you can look forward to an early night tonight.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
ST and Adna, I'm thinking of you. Hope you're work day goes well, and that you can look forward to an early night tonight.
thank you, I hope you have a nice day as well
I'm looking foward to getting off and just relaxing a bit after work, a nap perhaps
Old 05-24-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Freein ,
I too like the idea of marking them, .... you may need to take a longer walk to rehome.

I used to relocate snakes, .......the poor things never have a chance against learning to fear humans around here, because their first encounter is usually sudden death.

We'd take them way , way out in the deep woods.

This cycling is starting to improve my sleep pattern ! ...thank goodness.
I've been trying to get a little circuit training beforehand for a warm up with these 15lb dumb bells. ( what I used to refer to as my girly weights) .... they're surprisingly heavier these days !!

I would say something else about calling myself a little B*tch Boy, ...but Dee said I shouldn't use that language on this board , so I won't ( anymore ) .... sorry Dee

Hopefully Kat will check in later to tell us about the race results,
Adna , I hope you survive the day , as well as you Solitary. And you both can get some good sleep later.

Glad to hear you didn't cave Mariah, .... I have full confidence you never will. I really think our actions speak so much louder than our words, so even through a tough spot , when the result is , .....we didn't drink or use , that ; by definition shows our true intent.
...if that makes sense.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

image-1606897362.jpg

image-3490017339.jpg

image-141941372.jpg

Some photos from my early morning walk, def a word of advice for people here that are still struggling with the sleep thing, cause I sure am, some nights better then others now, but once it hit like 4:45 am I fully accepted the fact that I wasn't gonna sleep and just got up, got dressed, and it wasn't that bad actually. I think fighting it and like getting in a loop of anxiety over it makes everything worse for sure. Will leave you even more tired spending all those hours worrying in a way I guess, I'm very sleepy at work but not stressed, coffee really helps...but yea if any of y'all get wedged into that 3am freak out just accept it, my night was less stressful for sure
Old 05-24-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I agree ST, worrying about or struggling to get to sleep won't help and usually makes it worse. If it gets late enough I just decide I will stay up. Sometimes I just lay there or relax in a chair listening to some music, close my eyes and not think. Sometimes I fall asleep but usually don't but I give my mind and body a chance to rest.

Hope you day goes smooth.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
I agree ST, worrying about or struggling to get to sleep won't help and usually makes it worse. If it gets late enough I just decide I will stay up. Sometimes I just lay there or relax in a chair listening to some music, close my eyes and not think. Sometimes I fall asleep but usually don't but I give my mind and body a chance to rest. Hope you day goes smooth.
yea, I also think that sleep is told to us our whole lives from youngsters that is ever so important, that as adults it's a complete panic and anxiety ridden thing. I actually function better off 4 solid hours then 7or more, but then the days I sleep till noon are amazing as well....
Old 05-24-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning All - Nice pics from your morning ST - Hope you have a good day

Just got back from getting a yard of good soil for my project - a truck load of dirt should keep me out of trouble today Going to take a before pic then an after when I'm done. Great day to be sober. Hope you all have a good day
Old 05-24-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

How did it go kat?
Old 05-24-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

.........., I have some more extreme ideas, but I'm hoping you won't need to stoop to my really bizarre "banish the low mood" strategies.

Freein,
Usually try to curb my curiosity when it comes to the *really bizarre,* ...with concern for my inner cat, and all. But I'm curious , nonetheless !?!
Old 05-24-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I am too but was thinking I better not ask. Some things cant be unseen.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Topspin, great to hear that the cycling is going so well, you're fit as a fit thing. Very inspiring, even for us skippers.

Mariah, I'm really looking forward to seeing your before and after photos of your project. You sound so energised. I really need to get more passion for my little plot. I have sown some more seeds today, and transplanted some lettuce, it's a start.

Just waiting for my OH to come home. I've made a start on dinner, with my berry fruit juice for company. I do feel good at the moment. No real cravings (other than just a passing thought).

I'm not complacent though, because I've been here before. I stopped drinking for about 7 months a few years ago then one day just threw it all away with a stupid glass of wine. It took me 4 more years to get back to this point. Lesson learnt.

Hope everyone's having a good day.
Speak later.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Topspin and UP, I try to match the bizareness with the individual situation. As you can imagine some situations call for some extreme measures. However, I've found that it's usually best to keep a safe distance from polite company while carrying these "experiments"
Old 05-24-2014, 10:15 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Love the pics ST, makes me miss the east coast this time of year. May on the east coast was always my favorite

I really liked what you said UP about having to be proud of who you are right now. Good words of wisdom to start the AM.

Sorry your sleep was bad Adna. I finally dozed off but had to get up early to take my car into the shop. Luckily they were able to fix the issue FOR FREE. Which never happens. So a not bad way to start the AM even though I'm exhausted. Zzzzz.

Hope everyone has a good day! I got invited to go swimming but the place is an hour and a half away and I can't decide if it sounds like too much or not. Decisions, decisions.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Topspin and UP, I try to match the bizareness with the individual situation. As you can imagine some situations call for some extreme measures. However, I've found that it's usually best to keep a safe distance from polite company while carrying these "experiments"

Point taken , ... you're cruel to let my imagination run wild , ...but there it is ,

Thank you Freein !!!

I get that !?!

......it's all good.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Just popping in to say hi. Hope everyone is having a good day!!