Notices

Class of May 2014 Part 2

Old 05-18-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Great day today...reconnected with an old friend who loves me regardless of how screwed up ive been... hitting a meeting tonight a I have super busy day tomorrow! Hope you are all doing well! Anew Iaam proud of you! Mentium, glad dad is ok! D thanks for the constant support! Welcome fallow and everyone else onyour journey I am right here with u all... day 7 going into 8... one day at a time
Old 05-18-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

18th of May yes that's me!

Day one and about to have a great dinner without having to worry about filling up not getting that maximum buzz, I am actually going to eat and enjoy it!
Old 05-18-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stiv View Post
18th of May yes that's me!

Day one and about to have a great dinner without having to worry about filling up not getting that maximum buzz, I am actually going to eat and enjoy it!
Welcome stiv...enjoy that dinner!
Old 05-18-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Doing good, Dee. Gonna make it
Old 05-18-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Day one. I took a positive step. Went back to AA and handed in my chips and picked up a new 24 hour chip. I also came clean with all my friends there, and feel accountable. Day one and in for the night. Feels good.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Stiv and welcome back SFMS

Glad all is well readytobeme and Minion

D
Old 05-18-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

This is the first weekend I've made it through sober in a while. I had to fight off some cravings Friday, Saturday and today but I did it and I'm glad to be sober now.

We have a holiday weekend coming up. I hope we can all make it through. I promised my kids I would take them camping so I can't back out but I am stressing about the trip. My plan is to not put any booze in the cooler and then stay busy fishing, hiking etc.

Anyone else have plans they need to mentally prepare for?
Old 05-18-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on the weekend Kelle

If the camping weekend is just you and the kids, and you don't take any booze you should be ok, yeah?

D
Old 05-18-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kellbell123 View Post
This is the first weekend I've made it through sober in a while. I had to fight off some cravings Friday, Saturday and today but I did it and I'm glad to be sober now. We have a holiday weekend coming up. I hope we can all make it through. I promised my kids I would take them camping so I can't back out but I am stressing about the trip. My plan is to not put any booze in the cooler and then stay busy fishing, hiking etc. Anyone else have plans they need to mentally prepare for?
you can do it. I have to deal with mem day weekend at the jersey shore!!! And I've convinced myself I can do it. It's normally a weekend of partying but I've got a plan for each day!!
Old 05-18-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I have been sober off of high dosage of painkillers for 10 days now, im currently dealing with psychological dependency, cravings, temptation, triggers, and the new emotions i know am able to feel.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

welcome anewlife88, you can do it!

Well I am coming to the end of my new Day 1 and feeling ok. Hope everyone else is doing ok too.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Do I really need a medical detox or should I just focus not drinking. I did the telephone assessments, have succumbed to the fact that these medical facilities have rules and am scheduled to go in on Tuesday. But should I be focusing in just not drinking? I don't like the idea of being pumped full of meds if I'm not necessarily going to need them. I've put it in my head to abstain.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Think about it hard and try and work out whether you feel you really don't need detox - or if the idea is scaring you.

Who says you're going to be pumped full of meds anyway?

D
Old 05-18-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Think about it hard and try and work out whether you feel you really don't need detox - or if the idea is scaring you. Who says you're going to be pumped full of meds anyway? D
Dee--very little scares me!! I spoke to the detox-- it's medical, they give you medication. I've heard horror stories of "sedation" that doesn't scare me but do I need it? Abstinence is what I need.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

So went to a meeting tonight and actually spoke... if u k ew me you would gasp cause I am super shy, but felt led as we were reading the big book and Bill's story... needless to say blessed again. Got my 24 hr coin although I am on day 8, it means a lot to me... something to have in my pocket reminding me of the fact that I need to accept the things I cannot change, change those things that I can and the need for wisdom to know the difference between the two. Feeling positive tonite!
Old 05-18-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks bigC Wow, if you can do the jersey shore I think I can handle a quiet camping trip!
Yep, Dee, just me and the kids, and I'm not taking any booze so I'm thinking I should be good
anewpage - way to get through Day 1. now you just have to repeat that each day...one day at a time!
anewlife - my mom is recovered from a pain killer addiction...please seek help if the withdrawals get too bad, k? she had to go to the hospital to detox.
soberformyson - that had to be hard going to AA and turning in all your chips for the Day 1 chip...but you did it and I think that shows a HUGE commitment. Great job!
minion09 - kudos on Day 7! that's a whole week sober
readytobeme79 - just wanted to say hi and let you know I think you can do it, too

I'll be staying close to SR this week because I know cravings are going to be working me early knowing the holiday weekend is approaching. I want to go into the weekend strong and ready. I hope you all stay close, too, so we can support each other through these early days.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
So went to a meeting tonight and actually spoke... if u k ew me you would gasp cause I am super shy, but felt led as we were reading the big book and Bill's story... needless to say blessed again. Got my 24 hr coin although I am on day 8, it means a lot to me... something to have in my pocket reminding me of the fact that I need to accept the things I cannot change, change those things that I can and the need for wisdom to know the difference between the two. Feeling positive tonite!
That's awesome Minion
Old 05-18-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheBigC View Post
Dee--very little scares me!! I spoke to the detox-- it's medical, they give you medication. I've heard horror stories of "sedation" that doesn't scare me but do I need it? Abstinence is what I need.
Are you having any physical symptoms from withdrawing? I'm not a dr so I can't really say what you should do but I would listen to your body. Wish I could be more help!
Old 05-18-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kellbell123 View Post
That's awesome Minion
Thanks Kell...lets keep in touch this week... we all are strong together! Hope u have a GREAT day tomorrow!
Old 05-18-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Day 7 done for me. Glad to have made it through the weekend alcohol free, first in a year and half (the last time I tried to completely quit).

Glad you had a good experience Minion, let me know how thing progress for you , I have been debating AA meetings or trying one on one counseling.

Kell, sounds like you have a plan in the works, stay strong!

Anewpage, I read failure only occurs when you stop trying to succeed, keep on fighting , on to day 2 for you!

Welcome to all the newcomers.