Notices

Class of May 2014 Part 2

Old 05-19-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Drink lots of water today anewpage. I hope you start feeling better soon!
Old 05-19-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Can you drink some water and get some rest, newpage?
I'm drinking more water now (I'm just so used to getting all of my liquids from alcohol). And today I can pretty much rest most of the day, except I have a doctors appointment this morning and an AA meeting later on this evening. Oh, and I have two little kids at home with me. Hopefully they'll be gentle with me today.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Day 2, here we go, not much sleep last night but to be expected. Lets hope work is good to us today.

Welcome to the new members of May Class!
Old 05-19-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I'm a member of the April class with a slip on Saturday so I want to check in here, too. Need to be accountable! Day 2 this morning and I'm feeling strong!!

Seems like there's a few of us on Day 2. Here's to a sober Monday, May!
Old 05-19-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Stepping in to my 4th alcohol free week now. Hope you're all doing well.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Day 9! At the start I never believed I'd still be here, but here I am! Now I have the confidence to stay with the class of May 2014. One day at a time! I feel so great now mentally and physically.. just tired at times.. but my thinking is so much clearer.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Anewpage - I have two little kids at home with me, too! A huge reason to leave my wino days behind me!
Old 05-19-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Day 6. Feeling a little less sick but my brain isn't working. It's very hard to concentrate. I can't hardly read through a post this morning. Work should be interesting today. I am so ready to be over the sobriety hangover.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Day 4 slept better
Old 05-19-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Still going on... day 8, feeling better...absolutely no cravings, but then I think the next drink might kill me, so theres that.....
Old 05-19-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Anewpage - I have two little kids at home with me, too! A huge reason to leave my wino days behind me!
Two kids too, but a bit older. Middle school and elementary aged.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
nmd

Day one... still determined to stay in the class of May though. My weekend AV has strong kung fu, I need to stratagize against it.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

My strategy first - is to have NO WINE in the house. And that's where I caved, after someone gave me a bottle of white wine on Mother's Day. I stupidly put it in the fridge where it stared at me for a whole week and then I gave in.

Also - checking in here a lot. I had stopped logging on so frequently the past week. Mistake.

Lastly - reading reminders of how cruddy it feels to be a WINO (or whatever the drug of choice is) - and that includes reading books of recovery, my old posts here, and other's posts that stand out to me. I personally like to read Alphaomega's post frequently. Not all parts "were me" but the middle of the night panic was dead-on.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...night-lot.html

Whatever we choose, we have to remain diligent on our chosen strategies! Easier said than done, I know. This is my second go.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Two kids too, but a bit older. Middle school and elementary aged.
I actually have 3, but one is in elementary school, so during the day I just have the 2. Hard work, but worth it. I'm getting sober not just for myself, but for them.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

Day 2 for me for the last time. I'm going to slay this beast. Give me strength.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me
Old 05-19-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Well it's day 1, and my birthday. Should have been day 7 but last night I drank. But I'm getting back on track right away and committed to staying positive and accountable. Joining the class of May 2014. Joined sober recovery.com back in March, when I realized my hands were still shaking after two days of not drinking from my last binge. Finally posting, here I am, I feel like something is shifting in me and I want this this time. Everything will flow from my sobriety.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Would someone please remind me to live in the day and stop imagining my entire future sober life like it's all going to be a desert of misery and monotony? I only have 8 days sober. Today feels nice in the sunshine and that should be enough. X
Old 05-19-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Elizabeth19;4660539. I like your phrase " everything will flow from my sobriety". My sister says more and more doors opened for her the longer she stayed sober. Her life was closed down and miserable and now she knows so many people. She travels and has all sorts of amazing experiences.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hello again everyone, its great too 'meet' the class of May and sounds like a lot of people are doing well and for those back at the beginning like me at least we are still trying. Although I'm slightly worried that I am (not so) secretly allowing myself to be able to 'slip' and go back to day 1 so that I can drink instead of dealing with situations I feel I would struggle with sober.

nmd I am also back to day 1. I manage the week but the weekends are a trial, particularly with the nice weather.

Miaine, day 2 is good, at least you are on the right track!

Applekat, wine is also my drink, white usually. WINO....yes I am one ashamed to say.

Why oh why do I keep believing I can just have a few! Went to a friends yesterday, we got through 2 bottles....each. My friend will do that now and then, usually with me, but not all the time, she had a 3/4 bottle of opened wine in her fridge... very rare for me not to finish a bottle. Another wasted day and feeling bad in so many ways.

We are going to friends at the weekend, they enjoy a drink and will sometimes have too much, as will my husband while there, but I am always the worst and can sometimes be unpredictable when drinking. I cant face not drinking but I cant face being the drunk who potentially upsets everyone and feels too embarrassed to face people and too rough to enjoy anything the next day.

I HATE ALCOHOL, but I must love it too. Not matter how much I know I should give it up because I CANNOT control my drinking I want to be able to 'just have a few' and keep proving to myself that I cant! I know when I buy that bottle of wine I intend to drink it all. AAAHHHHH! Feeling so mad with myself.

Hope everyone has a good sober day, I wont drink today I feel too bad, it will be the weekend when my AV starts in. I am just going to take one day at a time.