Notices

Class Of November 2012 - Part 7

Old 08-28-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Hi Class of November 2012! Just wanted to say hey. Doing well. No complaints. Enjoying being sober. Amazing to watch the people at work and around who still struggle day to day with the booze. They can have that ****. Glad to not be a part of that club. A few folks from work rode their bikes on a pub crawl of sorts yesterday. What a waste of time. Fun to them I guess, and nobody got hurt. They asked my to come. They know I don't drink and I would drink soda or something. But, I'm to the point now I just told them straight, you guys are no fun to be around when your drinking. I'll pass.

Congrats everyone. Getting close to November again. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to hear from you VR

D
Old 09-01-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Nice to hear the check in VR.....only person i am itching to hear from is Charlie now...funny how this forum quieted down...some are sober, some are not!
Old 09-01-2015, 09:50 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Good to hear everyone is plugging along as well. I'm at the start of another school year, lots of challenges ahead. Life has changed alot for me in the 2 years and 10 months since I put down the bottle, some bad, mostly good.

Soberiety has given me many things, and for that I'm overwhelmingly grateful. For those who are struggling, I'm reminded of the nature of this illness and that I'm only one drink away from being where I was almost three years ago.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

I don't come here anymore but I'm still sober. 1026 days today.

Lots of stuff in my life changed over those 1000 + days. Bought a house and expanded my family by two (1 dog + 1 kid).

I drank as a way to cope with social anxiety and low esteem. I am finally recovering from my real problems now.

One thing I learned most is don't run away from your problems, they will catch you now matter how hard you try. Confront your problems, solve your problems. That's a basic piece of the puzzle. It took me over 30 years to figure that out, and takes a bit of maintenance to make sure I don't forget.

To drink again would be a mistake, but just a mistake, I am not afraid of the future. Sobriety is good, I feel confident I will be happy in my life overall, no matter what happens.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

^^ this is wonderful. Thanks for sharing this. I love the end, to drink would be a mistake but just a mistake. Brilliant.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Great to hear from you pkrma. Boy those cold November days of 2012 do seem like a long time ago.

I love your point of not running away from your problems. Think I was an expert in that. I ran half way around the world to get away from mine. Of course they always caught up to me and quickly became bigger than before. Just another example of trying to manage the negative consequences of drinking, without addressing the real problem.

BTW, 2 years and ten months. Is anyone else tempted to round up to three when talking to others about your sobriety? In any case, November 2015 here we come! (one day at a time of course).
Old 09-15-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi guys

D
Old 09-17-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

LOL Nomis, 3 really is much better then 2!!!!

I also have found that leaning into a problem is much much easier then running.

As always, grateful to you all.

Jeff
Old 11-02-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, Not sure how many of us still count November as our anny, but today I am getting to celebrate 3 years of continuous sobriety.

What a miracle that a junkie and a drunk like me can be sober for 3 hours, let alone 3 years.

I hope everyone here, either present or not, is living life and enjoying the peace that comes from no longer having the obsession.

Sending you all gratitude, love and happiness.

Jeff
Old 11-03-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Hey Jeff, great to hear from you and congrats. This is a special time of year for us Novies. Would like to send a special congrats to VR as I believe today is his three year anniversary.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Jeff (and VR)
Congrats to you too Nomis on the 10th, yeah? - good to see you

D
Old 11-03-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Wow, consider me impressed Dee! Thanks for caring
Old 11-04-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I get chills to see that a few of us are still sober!

Congrats everyone!
Old 11-04-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Administrator

No worries nomis - don't build me up too much though LOL - I did check on your date...I wasn't sure if it had been already or not

D
Old 11-10-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Hey guys,

Just checking in today, it's been 3 long years. Not sure who is still around besides Jeff?
Old 11-11-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Congratulations Jeff, VR and Nomis. 3 years is amazing. I am proud of each of you and appreciate that I've shared this journey with you.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Thanks FMFT, I wish we could get a check in from Charlie!
Old 11-13-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

I'm checking in...I am truly humbled that I would be included in this group and I don't think I can adequately put in words what an inspiration you all are to me.

The past year had some pretty dark moments and some really great ones too. The best news is that my husband started a full-time job last week. It's taken a long time and a lot of tears to work through our issues on this, but things have finally turned a corner and for that, I am very grateful. I feel that we have finally moved towards having the stability that we've needed for a long time and that the burden of being the main provider for our family is no longer solely on my shoulders.

We just added a new dog to our home to join Finn. We were going to foster Max, but as soon as Finn and Max met, it was like they were instant best friends, so the foster turned into an adoption. It's a new generation of rescue dogs at our house, but it feels like we have a complete family again. I am most proud of being completely sober throughout the time Charlee was sick and although the outcome was sad, knowing that I was present the entire time means a lot to me.

I think of you all a lot and while I am not perfect in my sobriety, I am ok. Always a work in progress. That's not to make excuses; it's just to be honest.

My best to all of you.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Great to hear from you Charlee. It's always sad when our loved ones pass on, but it is wonderful that you were able to be sober and present for her when it happened.

You're right nobody is perfect, the best we can do is take things one day at a time.