Notices

Class Of November 2012 - Part 7

Old 11-14-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to all you guys and it's great to hear from you all.

Charlee, you are always very welcome here. You seem to do well when you are. Why not come back?

D
Old 11-15-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

I always think I shouldn't be here if I'm not 100 percent committed and I always feel like I'm letting people down by not sticking with it. I'm really just letting myself down. I know I am much happier when I remove alcohol from my life. I am putting days together again. Maybe this will be my November.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe thinking about why you're not 100% is a good place to start - and a good reason to be here Charlee

D
Old 11-16-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

I am determined this will be my November. I'm recommitted and feel a sense of relief. I was sober long enough to remember how good it felt to be authentic and I'm back on that path.

I'm going to my parent's for Thanksgiving and that's a good thing. It will be very low key - just the kids and me since husband will be here working. I've not been drinking around my parents since I stopped last year so they think of me as a non-drinker now anyway.

Checking in here was what I needed to wake up.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Administrator

awesome Charlee

D
Old 11-17-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Hi Charlie! So great to see you! I feel like out little family is complete here again!

Not sure why I have taken back to checking in here..either way I am glad I am.

Charlie, in all my time I have learned the secret to sobriety! Don't pick up...and keep coming back!

I can 100% promise if you do that, you won't get drunk!!!!

Please keep checkin in! Once a Novie, always a Novie.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Thanks JSD! You're right...the key is to avoid the first drink. I'm doing well again. I've started working out at night when I get home. It helps to pass the time and makes me feel good.

I'm spending time working on my plan to be prepared for triggers and to accept my reality that any drink is one drink too many. Eventually, I'll end up back at the same place: sitting in my house late at night after drinking too much wine, stomach all in knots, unhappy and angry with myself. It's not who I want to be.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Hi Everyone. Just checking in. Dealing with a pretty brutal stretch the last few months. Tons of BS and whatnot that has had me pretty low. Just fighting through it. I know it could always be worse, but it could be better to. I hope you guys are doing well. VR
Old 11-20-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

VeryReady - Sorry you are going through a tough time. Hope it does get better soon.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very sorry to hear times are trying VR but I have faith in your ability to get through it

D
Old 11-20-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

VR - I'm sorry you are going through a rough time - keep fighting. Life sure does throw us curveballs at times. I'm glad you checked in. I sent you a PM. Hope to talk soon. Hang in there.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Hey guys! Wow, great to see so many old faces. Just have a Bashford, Squizz, and Sisterella check-in and it would be a full on Novie reunion.

Charliee, exercise in the evening has helped me more than words. It's interesting in many ways, I kind of treat it the same way I did with drinking. I do it 4 or 5 times a week, and always completely clear my schedule to make time. Certainly the high I get on the treadmill is comparable as well. Once an addict always an addict I suppose. But of course running doesn't ruin one's life Hang in there!

VR, sorry to hear you're going through a rough stretch mate. As we well know, soberiety isn't always rainbows and unicorns. Living life on life's terms and all that. Easier said than done sometimes, but our worst day sober is better than any day drinking.

As for me, my new thing is gratitude lists! So much to be thankful in life, sometimes easy to lose sight of that.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

The evening exercise is really working for me. I'm doing Taebo so it's a lot of kicking and punching which makes me feel powerful and much tougher than I really am. I took two days off since my husband was home. His job has weird hours and he works Sat-Wed. When he left this afternoon, I got a little worried about all the time stretching out in front of me tonight so I came on SR. Now it's time to put in the DVD and get my sweat on. I'm actually looking forward to it. Then a shower, dinner, tea and bed. I am grateful for peaceful evenings. Great idea to start a gratitude list.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see all you guys

D
Old 11-22-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Look at us with the active thread again!

vr...u know the deal. This to shall pass. And I'll be stronger on the other side. I went through it recently...it sucks!!!!

Exercise is my new battle. I'm gonna commit and use you all to stay accountable. Sending you all lots of gratitude and love, it's wonderful to see this place getting used again.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Hey, JSD, let's do it! Even after a week, I feel so much better with the exercise. I'm going to have to take a break from the taebo while I'm at my mom and dad's but I'm going to try to walk every morning. Usually I am the first person up by several hours so that will give me something to do. I like to ramble around my hometown; I'll just need to bundle up because it's going to be cold.

Long drive today. Hopefully the kids won't fight too much in the car.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

I've always felt, on the outside...

Because I choose it, I suppose.

You all have such a rapport it makes me ache and long to join in.
Especially this time of year.

I've been alone for what I see as the forced-on-us-all holidays for 9 years. I struggle with pretending I'm OK in my town, but here, I just wanted to say I don't want to be alone.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Well, welcome Choicy, jump right in!
Old 11-23-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Bashforth

A Hat Trick.

Hey everybody!

So nice to check in and hear from so many of our fellows.

Three years today!

One day at a time.

Grateful.

Love to all,

--B.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:47 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Hi Choicy! Welcome!

Congratulations Bashforth! All of you with 3 years are such an inspiration.