Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 27

Old 02-24-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can't enable something you knew nothing about Renarde
Beating yourself up is only going to make you more exhausted.

D
Old 02-24-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee. <3
Old 02-24-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Yeah, you had no idea. What Dee said.

Love to you, Renarde. You are a huge support in this class and I think it's safe to say we are all glad you are here!
Old 02-24-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Sorry to see that your parents are having troubles and it is hurting you, Renarde. You are not at all responsible for their issues. Any spending your mom did for her grandchild is most unlikely to be the issue at hand. It sounds like a bigger problem. I hope they can get some help and figure things out, and I hope you can concentrate on your health, family and school.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Renarde, you are such a caring person. I really admire you.

Hang in there. I agree with what everyone said. You didn't know about what your parents are going through.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:19 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

(((Renarde)))

You will get through this, like you have every other challenge in the last 6 months. And there have been many. You are an amazing girl and you will look back on these months and be SO proud of yourself. We are all here for each other and you give every bit as much support as you receive
Old 02-25-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

~~~Food for thought ~ Thoughtful Tuesday~
~~~We Are What We Think~~~

Today’s Mental Meal is dedicated to the daily words that you utter to yourself! In life you will have many people trying to force their opinions upon you and tell you what you can and can’t do… but if you ever tried to pay your bills with what others thought about you, then you would realize how insignificant opinions really are.

What really matters most is what you say to yourself!! Right now as we speak there is a kitten that thinks he’s a lion and a wolf who thinks he’s a sheep! Even though the wolf has the ability to devour the kitten, his thoughts will never allow him to do so! Make sure you are not talking yourself out of your greatness!

Believe in your God given ability to conquer ANYTHING that stands in the way of your ultimate life of happiness and abundance! As James Allen so eloquently put it… “He who would be useful, strong, and happy must cease to be a passive receptacle for the negative, poverty-stricken, and impure streams of thought; and as a wise householder commands his servants and invites his guests, so must he learn to command his desires and to say, with authority, what thoughts he shall admit into the mansion of his soul!” What you say to yourself and believe, will determine the quality of your life! Stop the self-sabotage and live the life you deserve! #NothingCanStopYouButYOU!!

~The Healthy Snacks~

“The most important conversation you will ever have is the one you have with yourself.”
-Unknown

“If you want to change your life, begin by changing your words. Start speaking the words of your dreams, of who you want to become, not the words of fear and failure.”
-Robert Kiyosaki

“As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.”-Proverbs 23:7

“The difference between success and mediocrity is all in the way you think.” -Dean Francis

“You’ve got to win in your mind before you win in your life.”-John Addison

“It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.”-Claude M. *******

“The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.”
-Unknown

“If you hear a voice within you saying, You are not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.”-Vincent Van Gogh
Old 02-25-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Six months for me today!

I couldn't have made it this far without SR and, especially, all of you. Thanks for sharing this journey with me! xoxoxoxoxox

Old 02-25-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Wow, Grace! That is wonderful! Congratulations!

Old 02-25-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Grace that is absolutely fantabulous! Many congratulations!
Old 02-25-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I saw one of my best friends today. I hadn't seen her since before the half term break but she knew I had planned to start drinking again and I know she was pleased (though she had never tried to undermine me and always told me I had made a 'sensible' decision. She's a doctor so she should know but I always felt that she thought sensible = a bit boring). I told her I had tried drinking again and how unwell it had made me. She looked so sad but quickly pulled herself together and made supportive comments. My AV is now screaming at me to try and moderate again. NO NO NO!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Dear Clemence's AV,
You are so dumb. You think you can take a friend's ambiguous facial expression and turn it into a victory for you? Maybe Clemence's friend is a true friend who hates to see Clemence deal with addiction but wants to support her. Maybe her fleeting look of sadness was just that: sadness for Clemence having to struggle. You are just like my AV; you are always trying to twist things around. You come up with some of the most ridiculous reasons for us to drink. Clemence is not going to drink because you got on your little soapbox. Kindly step down, sir. Your opinion has no merit here.
Love,
Grace
Old 02-25-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

To Clemence's AV: Ya. What Grace said. Except without the love.

Honestly, people who aren't addicts just don't get it, and they probably never will. As long as we don't drink, we get to live. If we drink, we die. Emotionally, socially, Spiritually, and physically.

Grace, wooooo-hooooooooooooooooo on 6 months!!!! That's AWESOME!!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Oh Grace, that was so lovely! Funny and profound all at the same time. Thankyou, you are a treasure!
Old 02-25-2014, 12:15 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GotGrace View Post
Six months for me today!

I couldn't have made it this far without SR and, especially, all of you. Thanks for sharing this journey with me! xoxoxoxoxox

CONGRATULATIONS GotGrace, major accomplishments of 6 months.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Grace

Well done on reaching 6 months ! You have reached a serious milestone ! And I must say that you have done it with much aplomb indeed ! It is all the more heartwarming as you give so much to our class and SR !! Keep rockin'

Old 02-25-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Grace - and fantastic post too - spot on

D
Old 02-25-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hello All -

Renarde, I hope life eases up on you a bit! Terrible back pain and cough … neither sounds good. All the nurses I know are so good about helping others and so bad at taking care of themselves. Get thee to a doctor! I'm sorry about the situation with your parents. I suppose the bright side is that everything's out in the open now, and as sad as it is, the only way to move forward after acknowledging the problem is to tackle it. I will pray for your parents in addition to praying for you!

Congratulations GotGrace! You're my hero today.

Clemence, LillianG and Br00ksie, kudos for getting through the touch spots recently. Coming out on top after wrestling with our addictive voices can be a real balancing act! A

I'm more committed to making this work than ever. This past weekend I wrestled, too but chose to stay the course. After traveling to Boston Friday, my son ended up with food poisoning for most of the day and all of the night before an acting audition at BU. I'm a stress monkey (what my husband calls it) so I had to beat the AV down when offered a drink during my solo meal in the hotel restaurant. The next night, I treated my daughter's former host family (they provided room and board for her last summer) to dinner out, to thank them again. They'd ordered several carafes of Sangria and I was the only adult not drinking. It was a awkward, because they wanted me to join them in drinking it. Their children were with them, so I just explained I was trying to get my blood sugar down (actually true).

I'm on day 46 or 47 and happy to see the numbers climb since that makes me less inclined to ruin things.

I hope someday to have more time to spend here on SR and at home to catch up in both places. My hours were supposed to have been cut back at work, but they keep pushing back the change. If I didn't need the money, I'd be more firm with them about it. Unfortunately, the tree between our neighbors' house and ours needs to come down to the tune of $2500.00. Thank GOD they're willing to split it with us! AND now that my twin daughters have graduated, we now have to pay close to $1500.00 per month on the college loans we took out on top of what we still owe for our oldest son. They contribute but can't come close to what's owed. Ugh.

Have to run now. Time to make dinner before taking my H.S. senior, actor son to his cello lesson.

Later!
Old 02-25-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're staying strong NL

D
Old 02-25-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Well done Grace! 6 months is great! x

I fell for the trap of listening to the wrong people Clemence, but guess what, i cant stop once i start and im in a much worse place than my 'friends' that encouraged me. Stay strong and keep fighting this thing, its far worse once your back in the ring with it, i slipped because i couldn't see the rewards of being sober, its so hard to get it back though....