Lol when it's all done I post the final deal
Old 02-22-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup View Post
Wanna laugh? Watch this!

Vine - Bambi Come on, give me a great roar - YouTube

6 seconds of pure hilarity.

Vine is one of my favorite apps! The hilarity and creativity that people fit into 7 seconds never ceases to amaze me!
Old 02-22-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by GotGrace View Post
Brooksie, my girls and I were just looking at Faces in Things on Twitter and cracking up. Your pic fits right in with that site!
There's another really hilarious, more adult but equally interesting and creative version of Faces in Things that I follow on Instagram, just different anatomy and not for your daughters!

Sometimes I'm a 14 year old trapped in a 30 year olds body...
Old 02-22-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Well, I vacuumed the heck out of our upstairs and took a brisk walk. Came in from outside to find a long, thoughtful letter of apology from my daughter. So that is better. It got a bit uglier before it got to this, but I am glad she is remorseful for her behavior.

Think I will hve a cup of coffee, because I am still craving a drink. I will not have one. Doing to well these days and want to keep moving forward.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Well, I vacuumed the heck out of our upstairs and took a brisk walk. Came in from outside to find a long, thoughtful letter of apology from my daughter. So that is better. It got a bit uglier before it got to this, but I am glad she is remorseful for her behavior.

Think I will hve a cup of coffee, because I am still craving a drink. I will not have one. Doing to well these days and want to keep moving forward.
I'm so glad things are a little better and hope she didn't so far as to mess up her concert ticket privileges!
Old 02-22-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I found Jesus in Rehab....
Apparently he has been working in landscaping this whole time.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Is there more to that, Fishy?

I just went to one of those "parties" where they sell you cooking stuff. I spent WAY too much money. But, it was thrown by a girl I pretty much helped raise. She's a neighbor and came to my daycare many years ago when I had one .. I had her full-time for most of her childhood and I love her dearly. She's getting married in a few months, so I bought her a bunch of wedding gifts. Now I don't have to fret about what to get her. That's good, right?
Old 02-22-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Just checking in with you all...I've been busy but it seems like it's been kind of slow by all accounts here lately. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I'll take it as a good thing (I'm an optimist lol) Anyway, hope everyone is great and productive this weekend. Njoy!
Old 02-22-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

I went to an AA meeting and then MA old timers meeting and after party. Old timers = 3 people with five or more years each share their experience, strength and hope about their lives before and after MA for 20 mins and then there is a house party immediately following the meeting.

I love AA, but MA feels more like home. I know a lot of people in both fellowships and the MA people are, I dunno, more laid back maybe? Weed addiction is just a little different in a way that speaks more specifically to my nature.

Anyway it was awesome to party with people on my 91st day!! I was asked to speak at another AA meeting in 2 weeks so... There's that. I'm so glad I know what it feels like!

There was a woman who I love so much who recently celebrated a year and I got to give her her coin, which seemed special somehow. She and I haven't interacted much outside of MA meetings, but we vibe on this unspoken level and both of us acknowledge that a true friendship is budding, which is cool.

A bunch of people in the program have said that they notice a change in me which confirms how I am feeling! And the best (and maybe worst?) part is that more will be revealed!

Finally, my work ethic in sobriety has done a 180!!!! I have never been to work on time this consistently and that is the tip of the iceberg. I am so much more humble and I internalize things less and I am making an effort and I am trying to be good for ME, because it feels good to be good at what i do, even if that is folding towels!

Ok I have to wake up early tomorrow, so here goes another night with little sleep. I am exhausted but it feels so good to be active!!! It has been way too long and I forgot how much I thrive when I have to fit things (like sleep) between other things with a deadline and/or consequences as opposed to having a lot of time to do whatever, whenever (if that makes any sense?)

Goodnight Sobtember friends!
Old 02-22-2014, 09:37 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Nice that things calmed down between you and your daughter Rochele. I arrived, it's noon and hot over here. Need to clean the house abit. And find some kind of mini market to buy water, soft drinks and light food. I also had to beat a small gecko lizard to death. They get into the house from and poop on the floor. Grrrr. This will be a different vacation for sure
Old 02-22-2014, 09:55 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by workoholic View Post
. I also had to beat a small gecko lizard to death. They get into the house from and poop on the floor. Grrrr. This will be a different vacation for sure
I take it you aren't the catch-and-release type? I hope the other geckos learn from the late gecko's misstep and stay away from the house! Both you and they will be happier for it!!

I will save anything that isn't a disease vector or that kills disease vectors. I have a bleeding heart when it comes to animals and (select) bugs, sometimes to a fault!

Anyway, enjoy the warmth and reprieve!! Also, could you please share a beach photo so that we who remain in the cold can perhaps mentally and vicariously travel with you to Thailand?
Old 02-22-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

I live with geckoes. You can't keep them out and they keep down the cockroach numbers.

Had a couple drop on my head lol but I've never seen one poop in the house.

We basically keep our distance and co-exist

Maybe Aussie geckoes are different?

D
Old 02-23-2014, 12:13 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I want to go home!!!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 12:21 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stick with it Fishy - you've been sounding great since you got there, man

D
Old 02-23-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

Sounds like you handled the situation well Rochele. You have my respect; my oldest daughter is 19 now. I know how hard it is but I promise it gets easier.

Rushing here, time to leave for work so just wishing you all a good day.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:47 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm watching Casablanca and the lead actor looks strangely familiar...hang in there Fishy !
Old 02-23-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Brooksie well done. youve given me some courage. after i posted on here about not feeling able to do a chair . i was asked that night for next month
fishy 2 weeks wow
Old 02-23-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

come on fishy give it 24 hours one day at a time
Old 02-23-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by lommey View Post
Brooksie well done. youve given me some courage. after i posted on here about not feeling able to do a chair . i was asked that night for next month
fishy 2 weeks wow
Love this!! The universe is funny that way, huh? I totally tried to plan what I was going to say and that sort-of worked, but once I sat down and started talking, stuff just started pouring out of my mouth and then I blinked and my time was almost up!

I was told to remember two things before I spoke: 1. It's just my turn and 2. It's not about me. I'm sure you'll do fabulous! When the time comes, please share how it goes on SR!
Old 02-23-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
I want to go home!!!!!
Hang in there, Fishy!! Ditto to Lommey. Take it 24 hours at a time, or 60 minutes at a time if you need to! It is always, "just for today."

What prompted this post?