View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Emily2002

Hello All -

Renarde, I hope life eases up on you a bit! Terrible back pain and cough … neither sounds good. All the nurses I know are so good about helping others and so bad at taking care of themselves. Get thee to a doctor! I'm sorry about the situation with your parents. I suppose the bright side is that everything's out in the open now, and as sad as it is, the only way to move forward after acknowledging the problem is to tackle it. I will pray for your parents in addition to praying for you!

Congratulations GotGrace! You're my hero today.

Clemence, LillianG and Br00ksie, kudos for getting through the touch spots recently. Coming out on top after wrestling with our addictive voices can be a real balancing act! A

I'm more committed to making this work than ever. This past weekend I wrestled, too but chose to stay the course. After traveling to Boston Friday, my son ended up with food poisoning for most of the day and all of the night before an acting audition at BU. I'm a stress monkey (what my husband calls it) so I had to beat the AV down when offered a drink during my solo meal in the hotel restaurant. The next night, I treated my daughter's former host family (they provided room and board for her last summer) to dinner out, to thank them again. They'd ordered several carafes of Sangria and I was the only adult not drinking. It was a awkward, because they wanted me to join them in drinking it. Their children were with them, so I just explained I was trying to get my blood sugar down (actually true).

I'm on day 46 or 47 and happy to see the numbers climb since that makes me less inclined to ruin things.

I hope someday to have more time to spend here on SR and at home to catch up in both places. My hours were supposed to have been cut back at work, but they keep pushing back the change. If I didn't need the money, I'd be more firm with them about it. Unfortunately, the tree between our neighbors' house and ours needs to come down to the tune of $2500.00. Thank GOD they're willing to split it with us! AND now that my twin daughters have graduated, we now have to pay close to $1500.00 per month on the college loans we took out on top of what we still owe for our oldest son. They contribute but can't come close to what's owed. Ugh.

Have to run now. Time to make dinner before taking my H.S. senior, actor son to his cello lesson.

Later!