Notices

Class of October 2013 - Part 9

Old 02-10-2014, 03:34 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hi trudging.

Betty Crocker (bitch) laid me off..something about my worker's compensation suit re: a missing finger.

Word on the street is you might have some work down your way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
is.jpg (6.2 KB, 57 views)
Old 02-10-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Okay, guys. I am massively stressed. Spent the whole weekend looking at homes and found nothing. Then we saw that a home I had looked at to possibly buy, is now available for rent. Our current landlord definitely wants to sell so she agreed to an early termination (lease ends in July). We talked to the owner for the home for rent and she seemed to really like us, so I may be moving to a new house in 2 weeks. I really wasn't up for another big move, but obviously God has other plans. I do like this lease arrangement better so we can buy next spring if we decide to and luckily the new house is only about 5 minutes from the house we are currently renting so moving won't be too, too bad. I wanted to have this all done so I could have the summer with my son before he heads to college. So, all in all, I think it is a good plan, but I am still nervous and anxious as hell. I was thinking that previously, I would have gotten drunk every night to deal with this stress and felt like sh-ite every morning. It will be nice to do all of this with real sleep and no hangovers. Please send prayers that this all goes smoothly. Graci!
Old 02-10-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

I'm laughing so hard reading about poor Trudging's crafting and all your responses. I admire your attempt, though, Trudging! To be honest, I only learned how to sew a button back on maybe 2 years ago. I'd love to learn how to sew, but I'll have to find someone who can teach me, like a class or something.

DD, I'm sorry you're going through this stressful time. But, maybe you are having to deal with it now because you're able to handle it (sober) now. Plus, moving into another rental means that you have more time to find a house that you really love, with less pressure.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Good morning Tobers. I hope everyone is doing well ... except for the guys ... who are in the beginning stages of developing Valentine's Day panic!

I don't have much time to post on the weekends, but I do try to follow the posts. I may not participate in the conversation, but I draw a lot of strength from all of you. Thanks to all of you!

I was thinking this morning about JL. Has anyone heard from him? His last post was on January 30. I know he was busy with the new job. I hope he is doing okay.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

DD, I HATE the process of moving, but love the result. Lots of stuff pitched, lots of new energy given new surroundings. On the other hand, my shoulders/back ache and I'm always left wondering, "Now, where did I pack THAT????? I need it NOW! WHY didn't I put in the box labeled 'You'll need this before you know it"?".

Yup, it's stressful, but do-able. Hang in there and power on! We're pulling for you!

Fishy
Old 02-10-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
Sober and present with my old college buddy. Told him I quit for health reasons and it was as simple as that. We have been reminiscing a lot about the old party days which is fun but not regretting being sober at all. It's quite a relief, actually. This is so much better than the alternative!
SM,

This is really nice to read. I am glad you are enjoying yourself stateside. This should also make the jet lag much more tolerable on the way back.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Good for you, SM....DD...when we sold our condo here, the reason was to move back to our house in California....the big guy must have had other plans. Our tenant has a lease until June and wouldn't move unless we paid moving expenses, difference in rent for a new house until June and his full security deposit refund. Soooo...we ended up renting here, AND LOVING IT! Only time will tell what will happen next....relax, my friend. I HATE moving also...but, hey, you get to re-decorate! HAHAHAHA! ok...So now that I have decided to BUY a rug.....and SHIP it....I figured, why not buy rugs for the whole house???? (Tile floors are big here, due to the weather).....Go big or go home, right?! Now, I am CONSUMED with shopping online to find just the "right" rugs (measurements, color, material, etc. Nothing half-a** for me! Sh** !!!! Of course, hubby could care less...but he has been a good sport, since I am a visual learner....HAVE to "see" what it is gonna look like. So, he has been helping me move sheets around to different rooms, move furniture, has put tape on the floor, etc. in an effort to assist. Thought the housekeeper came today, so was rushing to try to make decisions....and THEN, realized it was MONDAY, not TUESDAY....the day she comes. I'm tellin' ya, I am totally loosing it! hahahaha.....
Old 02-10-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

DD,

We've moved so many times that I should be a consultant. As Fishy points out, it is a good time to get rid of things. We paid someone to move our stuff but we packed all the boxes. I know how stressful the thought of moving, again, can be.

Trudging, we also have tile floors with a few rooms needing some throw rugs. My wife is never home before sundown so the DIY stuff is left up to me. Imagine leaving that stuff to a man!

WD, thanks for the Valentines reminder. I heard a commercial for jewelry where they said, "when you buy lingerie it is for you to enjoy, not your wife. Hmm.

I also thought about JL, I hope he is doing okay.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Driver1 View Post
For the record, we added canned mushrooms. In the future I would add fresh minced garlic to the mix.

What you dont see in the recipe (cause there is no picture) is that before you quarter the pizza dough, you first cut the dough into 5 or 6 pieces right out of the package, THEN quarter (think garlic roll size BEFORE cooking).

Makes a pretty good size. You may want to consider halving (Cindy, Bilr, DD - make the whole thing with all your grubs running around!!)

Bilr, I'm betting this might be really good if you used one of your bread (dough) recipes in leiu of the store bought dough. (send a couple orders up my way and I'll let you know how they compare - hee-hee!).

Everyone is happily sleepin right now. It fills my heart to see all my peoples so contented.

Babies!!

Oh, and don't forget your wifes on Valentines fellas.
SOUNDS DELISH! Might have to make that one of these nights we are watching the Olympics! Thanks, Driver!
Old 02-10-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LittleSparrow View Post
Thanks, DD! My husband is on board too. He's cut way back. Last night when we decided not to go to that party, he said, "I'm glad we're not going. I'd probably be drinking, and I don't want to drink." Wow. So we'll keep each other in check when the temps warm up, and I'll have the Tobers for support as well. The tricky part will be in June when we go to Ireland, but the friends we're going with already know that I don't drink anymore (it's a husband and wife, and the wife has many dietary restrictions so I think they'll be understanding).

Favorite TV show? Well I just caught up on Parenthood episodes and I love the show. But, I think my true favorite is the Dick Van Dyke Show. I loooove old TV shows. The Mary Tyler Moore Show, I Love Lucy, and the Bob Newhart Show (the one where he's the psychologist). I love old movies too (anything with Doris Day in it!). Maybe I was born in the wrong era.
LS - I am going to Ireland in May. Where are you headed specifically? We are flying into and staying in Dublin. I cannot wait! I am worried about this trip too as I have always wanted to try a Guiness from there. Will have to redirect for sure. I am also stoked to find an AA meeting there. It is a good way to meet the locals! LOL
Old 02-10-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Administrator

best of luck on your move DD

D
Old 02-10-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Driver - you crack me up. Please don't hold back!

WD - I was wondering about JL too. Glad to see you are still around, just busy.

DD - sorry to hear about the house hunting troubles. I moved all the time as a kid and I always liked the fresh start that a move provides. Hope this one works out for you!

LS - Way cool that your hubby is so supportive!

Billr - 8 out of 10 days to the gym is impressive! I am trying to go every other day. Down 22 pounds so far. Love the feeling of a good run!

Trudging - sorry, friend, but I was laughing too. Share pics if you feel so inclined! Would love to see your oven mitt shair cushion. I can't sew worth anything so I really have no room to laugh. Just your description was really funny!

SM - glad to hear your trip is going well and you are having no issues staying sober!

Fishy - I like your posts! Glad you are back!
Old 02-10-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

QOTD - I love Mash too. The Big Bang Theory is another fave. How I Met Your Mother is too. But if I am being honest...when it's hockey season, that is pretty much all I watch.

And the Olympics of course!
Old 02-10-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

DD - thinking of you during this stressful time. I agree that it's a great time to get rid of stuff; I always feel a little lighter after a move. Start fresh…and like bilr suggested, have someone to haul those boxes to the new place - best $300 I ever spent!
Old 02-10-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

My hubby said to post pics as well...lol...just might! Between the oven mitt cushion and my very poor attempt at making an area rug out of STRIPED floormats....kill me now! I have spent the last two days looking at rugs on the internet. I am blurry eyed! It is amazing that they Overstock.com charges $40/ more for the EXACT same rug being sold internationally than the one in the States. THEN add on shipping, duties and taxes...ugh! Need to find someone to accept the packages and then just go to DHL to ship them from the States....but, of course, all the kids are "busy" and most friends still work.....I am GOING TO BE DONE TOMORROW *she screams out loud to herself!* Hubby stopped listening about 2 days ago...lol....I have sheets all over the house, folded into different sizes so that I can "see" what a rug will look like...he is afraid to walk anywhere....soooo funny.....
Old 02-10-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Well, I had to pack the whole house by myself because my wife was working and the kids were in school. Just an FYI, moving companies charge $12 to pack a small box, $18 for a medium, and $24 for a large. Makes sense to at least pack your own stuff when you have a couple of hundred boxes. Now moving the heavy stuff and boxes I leave to the pros. They have damage insurance and I value my knees and back. Factor in a slightly torn meniscus and it was a no brainer.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Yup, the last 2 time(s) we moved, we packed the boxes and had "two guys and a truck" do the heavy lifting. 'Twas worth every penny!

Fishy
Old 02-11-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday, ’tobers! The snow and ice are finally melting here...who knew shoveling snow could be such a workout (spoken like a true Californian)...also, who knew a snow shovel would help with that shoveling - must get one of those. I'm glad I can laugh myself (and at myself) through most situations, otherwise I might be in a not so great place.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by reflection View Post
Happy Tuesday, ’tobers! The snow and ice are finally melting here...who knew shoveling snow could be such a workout (spoken like a true Californian)...also, who knew a snow shovel would help with that shoveling - must get one of those. I'm glad I can laugh myself (and at myself) through most situations, otherwise I might be in a not so great place.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!
We Coloradans know the benefits of a good shovel! I do lust (not just in my heart) after my neighbor's snow-blower. On the other hand, often the snow is so powdery that a leaf-blower is just as good!

'Tis a good workout nevertheless. And good for neighborly bonding!

Fishy
Old 02-11-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Well....hubby had to buy a new rake yesterday....lol....Searching for a metal one, but, alas...no luck....2nd one in as many months.....still huntin' rugs....ugh!