Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 21

Old 12-20-2013, 06:03 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

What's everyone up to tonight? Happy Friday
Old 12-20-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

It's Saturday here and I am Christmas shopping...again. Almost done, hooooooray !!!
Old 12-20-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Here: baking, packing for the whirlwind trip, doing laundry, cleaning, maybe making some jewelry if I can fit it in there somewhere.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

I just finished a 70 hour work week. It's Friday night and I can't remember the last time I was this exhausted. Clients really kicked my butt this week putting me to the challenge. I passed the tests! Sobriety has really helped me get sharper at work.

Yesterday though was super hard for me because of another Christmas party at work. Besides avoiding drinking...my ex-best friend was there in full swing partying to the hilt and trying to make me feel uncomfortable. I cut our friendship off a few years ago...anyone ever try that? I never had before. It isn't pleasant and it's the gift that keeps on giving every day in the office as we avoid each other. She is a real scum bag though....lies, cheats on her husband, "business trips" that are really monkey business, etc. We used to drink and party together....a lot! I cleaned up my act. She has not. And I know all her dirty little secrets, so of course she's been trying to get rid of me because I'm dangerous. She tries, but luckily I am pretty safe.

I wait for the day people find out who she really is. It's been a long wait. I may never see the karma train hit her, but I have to have faith that it will. Choo-Choo!!!

Anyway, our interactions make me feel awful and yesterday was the worst. But, for some reason beautiful Brooksie kept coming to my mind. Every time I saw scum-bag ex-friend's face in the room, mentally I kept saying "Go F*#! yourself!"....and I felt better. That's what Brooksie told me to feel when the airlines guy got in my face a few weeks ago. It really helped....LOL!

I don't know if I'm making sense right now, but just know I'm really tired and emotionally spent. I'm probably babbling. Don't worry, I'll get better.

Time to go catch up on posts. Love to all,
Lil
Old 12-20-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Lillian, I have an ex besite. Fast forward to 4 years later and I actually do not hate her anymore. I actually bumped into her unexpectedly yeasterday and put on my high road boots and gifted her with some holiday jewelry I was handing out to another friend in her presence. I had not expected to see both there together. I felt better for being nice and she gave me a big hug and was actually emotional.

Time is too short for us to waste our energies on those unkind souls. Of course, your situation is far different being that it is a work place and she is there. Ugh. It sounds awful. You have my sympathies. Right after my big blow up, I had to throw a party with this ex friend for the soccer team. It was tense, to say the least. Our spouses have continued a coaching relationship and we are forced together regularly. Bleh. That work situation sounds very stressful!
Old 12-20-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

I really want to go to bed, but need to see this load of laundry through to the end. My daughter decided that she really needed me to wash her North Face favorite jacket at about 9:30 pm. It was pretty rank, so I had to comply. So, I just decided might as well do a whole load...

we leave at 8am.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Lillian,
I know how you feel.
I have an ex friend I have to work with and see all the time. She's also a really insecure, resentful, hostile person. Plus, a really ****** drunk. She dumped me, in a text message. Ever since, she's been acting like I'm the bad guy, makes eyes my way when I'm in the room, acts injured. All I did was follow through with her statement. I carry on, go to work, say hello to our mutual friends, and she just stares at me and talks behind my back.
Makes any time we spend as a group totally awkward.
Ugh
I'm sorry you've been dealing with that for so long.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Lillian,
I know how you feel.
I have an ex friend I have to work with and see all the time. She's also a really insecure, resentful, hostile person. Plus, a really ****** drunk. She dumped me, in a text message. Ever since, she's been acting like I'm the bad guy, makes eyes my way when I'm in the room, acts injured. All I did was follow through with her statement. I carry on, go to work, say hello to our mutual friends, and she just stares at me and talks behind my back.
Makes any time we spend as a group totally awkward.
Ugh
I'm sorry you've been dealing with that for so long.
I'm sorry you are dealing with it too! The high road is the right road, but gosh, it isn't a comfortable ride.

Rochele, thank you. That was a nice story. Hopefully in time, my sitch will get better too and you are right, time is short. Wasted energy.

Laundry rocks! I'm doing some tonight too!
Old 12-20-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Goodnight all. I know you will miss me...

I will be scarce for a couple of days, but probably reading from my phone if I can. Maybe posting, but usually much more brief from my phone. Did I hear a collective sigh of relief?
Old 12-20-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Administrator

Check in as often as you like Rochele

D
Old 12-20-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Good night Rochele ! No sighs from me. My doggie also wishes you peace and a woof ! He's looking at you right now with very soulful eyes
Old 12-20-2013, 10:41 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
I just finished a 70 hour work week. It's Friday night and I can't remember the last time I was this exhausted. Clients really kicked my butt this week putting me to the challenge. I passed the tests! Sobriety has really helped me get sharper at work.

I wait for the day people find out who she really is. It's been a long wait. I may never see the karma train hit her, but I have to have faith that it will. Choo-Choo!!!

Anyway, our interactions make me feel awful and yesterday was the worst. But, for some reason beautiful Brooksie kept coming to my mind. Every time I saw scum-bag ex-friend's face in the room, mentally I kept saying "Go F*#! yourself!"....and I felt better. That's what Brooksie told me to feel when the airlines guy got in my face a few weeks ago. It really helped....LOL!

I don't know if I'm making sense right now, but just know I'm really tired and emotionally spent. I'm probably babbling. Don't worry, I'll get better.

Time to go catch up on posts. Love to all,
Lil
Yaay to this! Haha!

Oh, and the karma train will hit!!! That's the beauty of karma. Choosing the high road is not always easy. Sometimes it has taken 10 years, but when it comes to karma The Universe has NEVER let me down. Everr.

I hope you can get some rest this weekend!
Old 12-20-2013, 10:45 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Have a good weekend Rochele!
Old 12-20-2013, 11:00 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

I'm at my aunts house about an hour north of the city.

Funny y'all should mention laundry, I usually ask my aunt if I can wash a load when I come over and she told me that I couldn't on the phone yesterday before I could even ask! I guess it is an imposition? Have I outgrown laundry request privileges??

I don't ask HER to wash the laundry. Geez. Oh well! I love visiting her regardless. She and my uncle are awesome and hilarious! My little cousin has aspergers and he has a great sense of humor as well and we always have fun together. I love spending time with them!

I'm going to her church's Christmas pageant tomorrow for which my cousin is doing the sound production or something like that and we are getting a Christmas tree and decorating it and seeing a live nativity.

We drove by a bunch of houses with Christmas lights on the way to their house and thought of Kell! I miss lights on houses living in the city.

I was downtown earlier tonight though, and the Empire State Building was lit up beautifully for Christmas! I wanted to take a picture, dunno why I didn't.

So I weighed myself on my aunts scale and I've definitely gained 12 lbs since September!

But I'm ok with that.

NOT because I am going to keep the weight on, but because I'm being kind and patient with myself and for once my timeline involves being healthy all-around as opposed to obsessing about it and losing weight by any means necessary.

Since September, being healthy for me has involved eating lots of ice cream and sometimes milkshakes in lieu of drinking!

But in the past two weeks my sugar cravings have actually started to wane and I am slowly replacing unhealthy snacks with healthy ones. My snack of choice right now is almond, organic dried apricots, and dried cranberries mixed together.

The more I get into my exercise routine, the healthier I eat and the weight will come off!

Going to a meeting up here first thing in the AM so it's time to take it down!! Goodnight everyone!!
Old 12-21-2013, 01:18 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Choo Choo!
Chugga chugga.
Choo Choo!

Gotta love the karma train idea Lilly, I've had to take lots of crap for sticking to the high road as much as possible. Hope it hits all those bad guys that made us drink or suffer in other ways.

Great to see you Lorelei

Brooksie, thanks for the eh uhm great christmas spirit from Santa's workshop

Fishy, it would be awesome to be able to say wasn't it great being sober through 2014 next holiday season!
Old 12-21-2013, 03:05 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

~~~Food for thought ~ You Add the EggNog~~~
~~~Impossble Is Nothing~~

~On this monumental day for me I declare to you that IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING~

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
Muhammad Ali

Nothing is impossible; there are ways that lead to everything, and if we had sufficient will we should always have sufficient means. It is often merely for an excuse that we say things are impossible.

Nothing is impossible in this world. Firm determination, it is said, can move heaven and earth. Things appear far beyond one's power, because one cannot set his heart on any arduous project due to want of strong will.

~~~Make the rest of your life the best of your life~~~
Old 12-21-2013, 03:15 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

another early bird, BLK? So glad you have opened up this week and been posting more personally. Nice getting to know you, so I can be of some supprt, perhaps!

Enjoying my coffee with some peace before we hit the road ar 8am. I like that morning quiet time, and was awake before my alarm. So, I just got up, rather than going back to sleep. I sometimes catch a few winks on the 5 hour drive. We have done this trip many times this year. It is a lot of time in the car, but this will be a fun visit. Lots of joy and celebration. MIL is an active 80 years old, and there is a new baby to see in the family I cannot wait to meet him!

The last elder bday party was so boring, I caved in and drank. I am not at all worried about this party as I will have tons of people to chat with, and I am sure SIL is always looking for a baby-holder. I can rub a fuzzy soft baby head for relaxation.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:40 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

It's a lot easier being a guy if somebody at work makes me mad I just buy them a beer in the alley if you know what I means. In Batman words. .. Boom Pow Smash
Old 12-21-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone

I've missed you all! Yesterday was so busy I didn't have a chance to check in. It started with waking up to an ice storm and schools cancelled. My new job does not let me work from home so I was suddenly faced with figuring out what to do with my youngest so I could go to work! I haven't had to do that in a long time. Then I realized my middle daughter is near 15 and so offered to pay her if she took good care of her little brother. Bonus: she cleaned the house for me for an extra 10 bucks! lol

Made it in safe to work and surprisingly they didn't cancel the department holiday party. I have been semi stressing this party all week because 1. I'm new and don't know the people and 2. it was in a bar and 3. I knew I had to stay sober and wasn't sure how to handle that around NEW people.

I won't lie and say that I didn't think about drinking on the drive over to the bar. I even began considering to try moderation again
But when I sat down and the waitress asked what I wanted I said "raspberry iced Tea, please". It was total autopilot and I loved that! I've got myself trained real good lol

The party was a blast!!! I stayed sober, had meaningful conversation with people, laughed so hard I cried during the White Elephant gift exchange and left proud and content that I didn't do anything stupid! I even went to the bank and did grocery shopping AFTER the party. WOW!! Once I finally got home I settled in and watched Elf with the family.

So today is another busy day. I have a table full of ingredients that I will be turning into Christmas treats - Frosted sugar cookies, fudge, oreo balls, peppermint popcorn etc. The kids are joining me and I plan to have Christmas music and movies on all day.

it sounds like everyone is doing well and they makes me happy! Have a great trip Rochele!
Brooksie, enjoy your stay with your aunt it sounds like fun!
Lil - great job on the work week! Sorry about the friend that's no bueno Loved the brooksie strategy though, that made me smile. We can't always take the high road and I think that's ok
Kane - I'm winding down the Christmas shopping as well. I'm hoping one more trip and I'll have it done!
Welcome back Loriele!

I know I have missed people and I apologize! Please know I love each of you and treasure all of your posts. Thank you so much for sharing your journey's here. I have learned so much from all of you!
Have a great sober weekend all!!
Old 12-21-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

I think today is going to be a good day, but I have a lot of cleaning ahead of me getting ready for my parents. I have until Monday, so I'm going to try to spread it out over the next three days. At least that's the plan. Hopefully I won't be too lazy and have to do it all Monday morning. My mom's kind of a neat freak and if I didn't clean up she would have a broom out within an hour of walking in the door. She will probably still do that anyway, but this way there will be less to sweep!

I feel like I spent too much for Christmas presents and yet I didn't buy enough or the right things. I got my mom and dad a bunch of small things and then bought them an ipad they can share. They have a really bad computer that takes a long time to boot up and always has viruses so I figured they could just use the ipad in the kitchen if they wanted to check their email or the web. But I'm not sure if either of them will use it much, and even if they do one will use it more than the other. Making people share presents is something I don't normally do but I seriously couldn't afford 2 ipads. Ah well, it's what I have and there's no going back now.

I'm probably too worried about my parents in general - cleaning, presents, etc. My brother couldn't care less about what they think and probably didn't even buy them a present even though he is temporarily living with them (he's not coming to visit). He really wouldn't care about cleaning anything for them. I guess I'm still trying to be the good son.

Have a great day!