View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 11:00 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Br00ksie
Perpetual Optimist

I'm at my aunts house about an hour north of the city.

Funny y'all should mention laundry, I usually ask my aunt if I can wash a load when I come over and she told me that I couldn't on the phone yesterday before I could even ask! I guess it is an imposition? Have I outgrown laundry request privileges??

I don't ask HER to wash the laundry. Geez. Oh well! I love visiting her regardless. She and my uncle are awesome and hilarious! My little cousin has aspergers and he has a great sense of humor as well and we always have fun together. I love spending time with them!

I'm going to her church's Christmas pageant tomorrow for which my cousin is doing the sound production or something like that and we are getting a Christmas tree and decorating it and seeing a live nativity.

We drove by a bunch of houses with Christmas lights on the way to their house and thought of Kell! I miss lights on houses living in the city.

I was downtown earlier tonight though, and the Empire State Building was lit up beautifully for Christmas! I wanted to take a picture, dunno why I didn't.

So I weighed myself on my aunts scale and I've definitely gained 12 lbs since September!

But I'm ok with that.

NOT because I am going to keep the weight on, but because I'm being kind and patient with myself and for once my timeline involves being healthy all-around as opposed to obsessing about it and losing weight by any means necessary.

Since September, being healthy for me has involved eating lots of ice cream and sometimes milkshakes in lieu of drinking!

But in the past two weeks my sugar cravings have actually started to wane and I am slowly replacing unhealthy snacks with healthy ones. My snack of choice right now is almond, organic dried apricots, and dried cranberries mixed together.

The more I get into my exercise routine, the healthier I eat and the weight will come off!

Going to a meeting up here first thing in the AM so it's time to take it down!! Goodnight everyone!!