Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 21

Old 12-19-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post
I received my sober scarf today!!! And I love it soo much! It is so beautiful and warm and green is my favorite color! Wanted to show you guys.

Thanks again, Rochele!
you are as beautiful as I pictured you.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Well I golfed a 70 today which wouldn't be too bad if it was 18 holes but since we just played the front 9 ughhh. Glad I had the ugly pants to take everybody's mind off my golfing. Not a big Dallas fan buy thr colors match my Mustang.. I got to match..
Old 12-19-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Lovely scarf!
Old 12-19-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by Nuway2fly View Post
I didn't see the blue start at first. I'm from Texas, Brooksie, and have been a Cowboys fan forever, but I agree with you 100%! lol They are STANKY, and the smell wafts downward from the top.
I'm a big Redskins fan (went to college in DC). We play the Cowboys on Sunday!!

HTTR!!! (Even though the Skins suck this year too)

Sorry you are having a difficult time, but I am glad that you are still here! I hope you're being patient with yourself. Abstinence will come!
Old 12-19-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi -- I just wanted to post this as promised yesterday that I would not go to my old bar's Christmas party. I had to go by it on the bus and I never even had the slight urge to go.. the sight of it makes me sad, quite honestly. So I'm home safe and sound, in my couch potato gear making myself some peppermint green tea. I feel very blessed. Have a great evening everyone
Old 12-19-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Omg Brooksie you are so pretty! You look exactly like I pictured you! Nice scarf!
Old 12-19-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Haha I looked at the pictures 3 times I never saw the scarf got to go back
Old 12-19-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
you are as beautiful as I pictured you.
Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
Omg Brooksie you are so pretty! You look exactly like I pictured you! Nice scarf!
Aw thanks guys!

I did get kinda dolled up for the photo shoot!

Also, because my webcam takes a mirrored pic, I had to write those messages backwards! Hence, the 6 y/o handwriting.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by jat14 View Post
Hi -- I just wanted to post this as promised yesterday that I would not go to my old bar's Christmas party. I had to go by it on the bus and I never even had the slight urge to go.. the sight of it makes me sad, quite honestly. So I'm home safe and sound, in my couch potato gear making myself some peppermint green tea. I feel very blessed. Have a great evening everyone
Yaay for you, jat!!
Old 12-19-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Plenny, I'm sorry you're sick. Get well soon! I have a tendency to just ride sickness out without a lot of hoopla, but when my husband gets me to try even a little something to ease the misery, I'm always grateful. I think "wow, why did I fight this so much?" Ah well. I hate going to the doctor (sorry Renarde and other healthcare workers). I just have been really screwed by the health care field in general.

So....I just got this "joke" e-mail. I'm not laughing. I'm fighting the urge to write back as to how many people are killed by drunk drivers every year.

I'm getting so militant...yet it wasn't all that long ago, I WAS drinking and driving.
Driving drunk is not a laughing matter. A former classmate of mine killed himself and another person while drunk driving. Sorry to speak ill of the dead but he was an arrogant, racist jerk.
His tragic story:
The life and death of a real 'somebody' | savannahnow.com

I used to drive drunk also. I totaled my car after falling asleep at the wheel when I was 22. I stopped driving drunk after that! No one else was on the road and I was not injured so I just called AAA and had my car towed.

All of that being said, I thought the email was a little funny! (maybe just clever?)
Old 12-19-2013, 01:16 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

thanx Brooksie ..oh and by the by -- you are goy-geous!!
Old 12-19-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Brooksie, you look every bit as beautiful and fun as you sound in your posts! Thanks for accepting my scarf, as it gave me something sober to do for several evenings!
Old 12-19-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post

Best. Day. Ever!
I forgot to add- The bracelet I'm wearing in the pic was also made by Rochele. It is beautiful and really does look expensive! I love it. Thank you, thank you thank u!
Old 12-19-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Plenny, sorry to read you are sick. I have used the spray, but not a neti pot. I hope it helps. Feel better.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

That story Bummed me out..
Old 12-19-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I was thinking a little bit ago that it may have been a good thing that I hit my head and got a concussion..

Since leaving the hospital I have added addiction therapy and regular AA meetings to my sober recovery tool box and now I feel like I can beat this monster if I keep vigilant.
Adding new friends and new sober routines.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good morning all, its still hot here. Only morning and its around 30C (86F) but I wont complain too much as any sunshine is welcome right now. Its almost impossible to be upset at a sunny sky !

So, I had been having these negative moods early on this week which was triggered by the anniversary of my father's passing away. I usually pay my respects to my father if I am back here. Its a mixture of sadness and regret. Regret that I didnt spend enough time with him (as I lived overseas), didnt say I loved him enough or tell him how very proud I was to be his son. The saving grace was that I realised his dream of going on safari to Africa one year. He loved it. Anyway, then I started projecting about what the future would look like which was also not positive as I wont be able to do as I wish due to my financial constraints. Secondly, Christmas is coming up and my brother will be there. We have an uneasy relationship which sort of waxes and wanes. A few months before I stopped drinking, he sent me some annoying texts which I thought were presumptious. I was very curt in my replies though the anger was more directed at the 3rd person involved. My brother didnt appreciate it and stopped communicating with me. Truthfully, I was drinking when I sent the messages though they were not rude just abrupt. Even dead sober, i would still have sent him back a sharp reply. The home front is still a bit of a battle ground with my human minefield (i.e., my partner) exploding at odd times. But it isnt so bad in the past few days. Still, a minefield is just that.

All of this meant that I was going to and fro between the past and the future. So, I was not exactly a happy chappy. I did consider drinking. But, it was the equivalent of considering whether I needed to remove the plaque from my teeth. I weighed it up and decided that drinking wasnt beneficial and actually found the thought quite repugnant. So, ditched that idea. Gradually it dawned on me that I was not focusing on the present. Once I began to live in the present and keep my mind here and now, the negative thoughts began to dissipate.

So, I am feeling back to normal, largely. Got some vigour back in my step. I've decided to adopt the roll over and play dead strategy (learnt from my dog) when it comes to my brother and Christmas.

That's all for now ! THis thread moves fast.

Oh, but I do have to say Br00ksie...you make me want to be a young man again !

Have a lovely day/evening all! Love and gratitude to everyone !!

Old 12-19-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Love the scarf and bracelet Rochele...and lovely pic BrOOksie

D
Old 12-19-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Let's face it, Brooksie can make anything look good! Better yet, she has the brains to go with it.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

You're so pretty, Brooksie. You look fiesty just like you sound in your posts. And I mean that in a very good way. I love fiesty people

Tonight my hubby, middle daughter, son and I drove around town and looked at Christmas lights. I brought a box of candy canes and we turned Christmas music on the radio. It was so much fun. Oh we took the dog too and it was super funny how interested he was in the lights lol
Just wanted to share my experience because I am proud to be making these memories with my kids and showing them you can have fun sans booze!