Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 12

Old 10-23-2013, 03:03 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Black

That's great news that you have AA friends looking after you ! Make sure you keep them close (and us too). Your sobriety is for you, remember that.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I snuck back up on 23 days I didn't realize it till now. I feel a lot better today not worried about the doctor too much I just got to take care of myself like we all do. I hope everybody has a great week
Old 10-23-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

1step and Brooksie - right there with ya. In fact I was just having these thoughts yesterday! I try to remind myself daily if my many blessings... Family, home, job, friends etc. I even have hobbies I enjoy... Scrapbooking, reading, outdoors etc. and yet I find myself being bored, unsettled. I ask myself 'is this it?' I jut feel like I'm missing something or I don't know I just feel a void maybe?

It's very hard to explain and I get frustrated with myself. I'm not a fan of self pity and when my kids tell me 'I'm bored' I tell them 'you don't get to be bored. As long as you have thoughts in your head you can go anywhere you want!' Guess I need to take some of my own advice?

Seriously though.... Why do I feel so unsatisfied? If I allowed myself to drink tonight I would get giddy with excitement. My husband has told me he saw the switch in me just anticipating the drink.

So I sobriety is it a different kind if happy? I know drinking did not make me happy past those moments of the first couple drinks. But did all thy drinking ruin any chance of finding true happiness sober?

I will say this. I'm content in sobriety. I have peace of mind and clarity and all of that. But there is this nagging unsettled feeling...
Old 10-23-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Morning, Septembers!

I'm finally starting to feel like myself again, 6 days after drinking last time.

It really does take that long to put myself together after what I do to myself when I drink.

I couldn't figure out if I was a binge drinker or a daily drinker. Figured out all my drinking is binge drinking and when you're doing that on a daily basis, it really scrambles your brains.

Don't wanna live like that.

I'm happy to be here.

xoxo, everyone, I hope we all have a great day!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Morning friends. It was so good to check in and read all of your updates. I am starting my new job today. I need to make some coffee and get in the shower so no time for responses. Just know I am thinking of you all. Xoxo
Old 10-23-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

So, Renarde, your health situation, related to this work exposure, does it not put others at risk? Do you need to be concerned for your family and others in your care? Or, are you able to go about your usual life while you wait?

Good luck at your new job today!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Okay gang.

I AM LOGGING OFF THE COMPUTER.

I am not allowed back on until I do 5 things. Okay, now I need to make a list of those 5 things.

1. Clean sink and dishes and tidy kitchen.
2. vacuum entire house, except kids' bedrooms that may be too cluttered, lol.
3. clean downstairs bathroom.
4. Mop kitchen floor(this is a lofty goal given the others and my bad back).
5. Get some amount of laundry done in between the other stuff.

Later gators.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Hey Renarde

You sound quite positive which is good to hear ! Very heartening.

I am trudging along with this job. I didnt expect to feel up and down but I guess its natural. At least, everyone has told me so. I try very hard to focus on the day and that's all ! My situation is highly confidential so its difficult to face my colleagues and staff. Closed my office for most of the day. Though one of the guys I do chat with said what was wrong with me. I couldnt look him in the face to answer.

*sigh* I hate self pity. Need to shake myself out of it and let it be. One day at a time !

Edit: strangely enough, just writing this post has lifted me Thanks Renarde !
Kaneda, did you know Deeker of the 24 hour sign up sheet thread is in the same situation?

This was on the page this morning.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4254342

I'm finding those daily post and the images very enjoyable and look forward to them every morning, now.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
I snuck back up on 23 days I didn't realize it till now. I feel a lot better today not worried about the doctor too much I just got to take care of myself like we all do. I hope everybody has a great week
Nice job!! It's great when you're not counting that much and you suddenly see you've left your last slip in the dust, way back there at the cantina, giving up on the marathon. I'm glad you're feeling better
Old 10-23-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
So, Renarde, your health situation, related to this work exposure, does it not put others at risk? Do you need to be concerned for your family and others in your care? Or, are you able to go about your usual life while you wait?

Good luck at your new job today!
Thanks Rochele! At this point I am not contagious until I show symptoms and get really sick. Even if I have it in my body, if I am not sick then no one gets hurt. I would go into more detail but I don't want to be at risk for violating any hipaa stuff for the patient I took care of. I doubt it would but you never know!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Okay gang.

I AM LOGGING OFF THE COMPUTER.

I am not allowed back on until I do 5 things. Okay, now I need to make a list of those 5 things.

1. Clean sink and dishes and tidy kitchen.
2. vacuum entire house, except kids' bedrooms that may be too cluttered, lol.
3. clean downstairs bathroom.
4. Mop kitchen floor(this is a lofty goal given the others and my bad back).
5. Get some amount of laundry done in between the other stuff.

Later gators.
You can do it!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

You can do it Lillian!

Fish, 23 days is outstanding!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
Its hard to to believe the torture that we do too our bodies for the taste of a little bit of booze I am ashamed at the man I have become... I let it go to long.Now my concern is have I passed the point of no return. I guess that means a little more hardwork. Thanks for all of the help.
Ah, Fishman, that part about being ashamed of yourself hurt me to read. I guess because shame is such a huge part of this predicament we found ourselves in. No person can ever be defined by one attribute in life, or by one weakness. We overcome the shame by choosing a new and better path, and proving it every day. Yeah, I talk big, but believe me, I'm just like you.

Please concentrate on the good things you learned yesterday. Diabetes is treatable, and those liver and GI problems are reversible with abstinence. Plus, I guess the doc found nothing in your colon except his watch, and that is great news! That could have been something to deal with that would not have been within your control, so take heart that you didn't have to go down that road.

It sounds like you're feeling better about things today, and for that I'm very glad. (hug)

Renarde, thanks for letting me know those comments about "sentinel events" were helpful to you. And I'm sorry that you are already getting pushback from the school. That's plain wrong. Healthcare: sometimes it's taking care of everybody except the people who deliver it....
Old 10-23-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Yes, indeed, Lillian! You can and will do it! Sending you lots of positive vibes. You know where to come for a boost if you need it.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Thank you, Kaneda8888 for your response.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Ok....it turns out moderation is a bad strategy at a football game. Lesson learned. So I will try again here again. The sober month of September and first half of October were great. I want to get back to the feeling I had a week ago. Ranting here helps. Thanks for listening.

Day 3 again...

Do I need new friends? New habits? Maybe both?
Old 10-23-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CardHat View Post
Ok....it turns out moderation is a bad strategy at a football game. Lesson learned. So I will try again here again. The sober month of September and first half of October were great. I want to get back to the feeling I had a week ago. Ranting here helps. Thanks for listening.

Day 3 again...

Do I need new friends? New habits? Maybe both?
Hey card that is one of my biggest issues also I own seats at the Carolina Panthers Stadium and always want to party while I'm there and weekends and I'm not there to game I'm out at the lake and its party central I've been finding myself asking the same question new friends new hobbies but I like the new sober
Old 10-23-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Welcome back Cardhat.
If you find certain situations too powerful as triggers perhaps best avoid them.
I'm sure there are others with more tips and experiences here
Old 10-23-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Soo much has happened Dee good to have you back.
Renarde hope the new job went well
Rochele hope your sons had a better day. Have you finished cleaning yet.
Black get you've got in with some AA members might see you at a meeting. Love that your family cares .Keep your chin up.
Fish I love your boat
Kaneda hope your feeling better.Im in the self pity mode now
Every time I meet the x ( still sleeps here) I try to be nice then I come out with something stupid like do I need to go and see a solicitor (going to visit daughter in Scotland) before I go away in case you change the locks. He just looks at me as if im mad and says why would I do that but you go if it makes you feel happy. Why do I keep coming out with hurtful s*** like this? I need to stop but its out there before I can stop myself. I think I am mad
Old 10-23-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

HOW DID I END UP WITH THE THERE . O I SEE NOW