# 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Class of October 2013 - Part 3

Here is the previous part!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

Carry on!
Old 10-18-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Citrus, I too am trying to keep this date forever. I'm tired of changing it. I just keep coming back to this site for support.
Good luck to us and everyone else who is struggling right now.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh boy thought it would be easy since I have gone all week without a drink, but it is Friday and the temptation is all around me.. I have to remind myself to be strong it just AV seems to be stronger then my desire to say no.. It is only 6 on Friday evening.. Give me strength I know I have, if I can make today then I am make tomorrow
Old 10-18-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Waking Up Sober--priceless

Hang in there rosebud! It gets easier everyday, but not if you give in and have to keep starting over--tell you AV to take a hike and enjoy a quality sober evening.
You'll really appreciate it in the morning.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, I didn't get the job I interviewed for last week : (

A couple of months ago this this would have been a great night to say FU and get smashed. But, it won't do me any good and I want to stay sober. When you are feeling down is probably the worst time to drink with alcohol being a depressant. I think I am starting to get the hang of this sobriety thingy.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bilr, that just means a better job is in line for you. When my husband was laid off in 2009, it felt like he was one of the last ones who were laid off to find another good job. However, the job he has is the best he has ever had in his life, in every sense (great work/family balance, great money, great opportunities, etc.) It has been life-saving for our family and worth the wait!
Old 10-18-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to wish you all a sober and wonderful weekend. Doesn't matter if you are starting over or not, or how many Day 1s you've had, we are all here doing our best and will get there by and by. See you tomorrow for virtual coffee or tea, fellow October classmates
Old 10-18-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhitePawn View Post
Hang in there rosebud! It gets easier everyday, but not if you give in and have to keep starting over--tell you AV to take a hike and enjoy a quality sober evening.
You'll really appreciate it in the morning.
Went out to dinner with hubby, he ordered a beer really thought about getting my usual diet/vodka but got water instead.. I am making it.. told AV to go away I am looking forward to a sober Saturday
Old 10-18-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Bilr, Bummer! But it will get better, and you're making a great set of decisions! Keep dry!

ctrl, all the best on the marathon! Just think what milestones you'll have to mark on Sunday evening: a marathon and a month!

I'm still around, still stayin' clean, but bein' too busy!

Fishy
Old 10-18-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 27 sober. I am SO irritable tonight that I can't even stand myself. I just took an Ativan, hopefully it helps.

I don't have any cravings, I just can't stand being in my own skin right now. Gah! Kick in Ativan, please.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HDrosebud View Post
Went out to dinner with hubby, he ordered a beer really thought about getting my usual diet/vodka but got water instead.. I am making it.. told AV to go away I am looking forward to a sober Saturday
My husband ordered beer last night and I got one as well. I'm very disappointed in myself. He had stopped drinking when I did, but he knew I was determined to anyway. I have been slipping on and off for the last month. Good for you for staying strong.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bilr44 View Post
Well, I didn't get the job I interviewed for last week : (

A couple of months ago this this would have been a great night to say FU and get smashed. But, it won't do me any good and I want to stay sober. When you are feeling down is probably the worst time to drink with alcohol being a depressant. I think I am starting to get the hang of this sobriety thingy.
That is great!
When we're stressed, we need a clear head.
And when we are happy why numb out and miss it?
Getting through the day to day normal, mundane or boring times was a challenge i felt.
But because i stopped drinking, eventually my tolerance for boredom and general life stuff grew tremendously.
Things i thought were terribly hard when i was a drinker were not so hard after all.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Freetobe: Use last night as rehearsel for how you dont want to handle it next time, ok?

HDRosebud: Wow, Way to show the AV the door! Kick it to the curb!!
Old 10-18-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by free2Bsober13 View Post
My husband ordered beer last night and I got one as well. I'm very disappointed in myself. He had stopped drinking when I did, but he knew I was determined to anyway. I have been slipping on and off for the last month. Good for you for staying strong.
Stay strong, stay true to your wanting to be sober.. It takes only one week for the alcohol to leave your body after that it is AV talking not you.. if you chase that monster back in the hole it climbed out of you will be doing great..
Old 10-18-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

First time Ive ever given this a go... 14 years on... 5 days off... Too much going on in my head and too many emotions to know how Im doing. :-) Ask me again in 5 minutes... Good luck to all this weekend.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Went to a school related party tonight and wine was flowing. I drank diet coke instead. What's happened to me? I don't recognize myself anymore.

This party has been on the calendar since before I stopped drinking. Had this been two months ago I would have sipped a few glasses of wine and white knuckled it until I got home. Then when I got home the serious drinking would have begun. Pathetic.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Clones!!
Old 10-18-2013, 10:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Day 17! Happy sober weekend everyone:-)
Old 10-19-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Checking in. Ups and downs today. Made it 2 more days, then slipped with 2 beers.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Another Oct guy here, class of Oct 2013. I'm well over the year mark of sobriety! And while my life isn't perfect and never will be, it's really frickin' amazing! Anyone that wants to do it for kicks can search for my first post...I was a wreck and my life was a mess. It almost seemed pointless to keep putting one foot in front of the other and going on. Now things are so good I'm almost waiting for the other shoe to drop!

Class of Oct, this is your time! Whatever happened to bring you here happened for a reason. October can be the first month of the rest of your awesome life!