Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 12

Old 10-22-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Of course you belong here Lorelei. Lots of the rest of us wouldn't be here if we hadn't had your support. You are one of us.
Wishing you the best for the surgery tomorrow. You are in my prayers xxx
Old 10-22-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Morning, all!

Fishy, yours can be known as the sober boat. Don't worry about letting down your friends, that's your AV yapping, buddy.

Black, I'm sorry it is coming down to ultimatums but this may be a good one to help you figure out what kind of help you need. Sounds simple to say you have to choose between a poisonous beverage and your family. Sounds like a no-brainer but it represents the fight of your life. You CAN do this. I know it. Whatever it takes, you can do it.

Lorelei, don't say you don't belong here. I look for you to post here everyday. I slipped in Octoberer, too. But I stay here because the September club is where I gained so much knowledge and support. I would love to know how you've been feeling, etc. Are you all set for surgery with rides to and from hospital, and soups and soothing drinks all ready for afterwards? Heating pad? Lkets of ice in freezer if you need it? I hope you get a nice long rest after.

I have a friend coming in town today so I will be cooking for a small group of us. It took a real cold turn here in the Midwest, so I'm thinking comfort food...beef stroganoff, salad, etc. Nothing fancy but made with love to fit the season.

I love being sober around people. It reinforces me. I know it triggers some. I can't be bothered with drinking around people because they slow down my mission of getting really wasted. I don't know what lengths these friends will go to with the wine tonight and I don't much care. I'll be cooking, enjoying my food and having some lovely chamomile for the chilly weather.

xoxo
Old 10-22-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Lorelei, you belong here! stick with us, we know you! Personally, I thrive on that piece of this website. Feeling as if somebody knows me, my journey, my struggles. Starting in a new club means getting to know a whole new group. I htink we have some good connections here and a solid club.

I posted on your other thread, but will say it here too: I will pray for you for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. So sorry you have to go through more treatment.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Thoughts and prayers to you for tomorrow Lorelei, hope all goes well. Look forward to see you back here where you belong. x
Old 10-22-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Lorelei - you know what they say... Home is where the heart is <3 wishing you all the best with the surgery and a speedy recovery
Old 10-22-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

The sober boat I saw that on TV one time I think it was called Gilligan's Island what a hoot
Old 10-22-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Thanks Septemberites xx I'll hopefully be back to SR very soon xx
Old 10-22-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Good luck we're waiting on you
Old 10-22-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Great news from the doctor not
Old 10-22-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
My prayers to you Lorelei for a safe and speedy recovery. I too agree that you belong in the September group and are always welcomed here with us. You are we and we are you. More importantly, take care of yourself and your surgery and we look forward to hearing from you very soon. God bless...you are in our prayers
Old 10-22-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that Fish. Please take care of yourself and don't do anything you might regret. If you are feeling vulnerable, stay close to your friends here. You post lots and are much loved x
Old 10-22-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Add my best wishes and prayers, Lorelei! And of course you belong with us, so I look forward to seeing you back here!

I hope whatever your doc told you is fixable, Fish. Yes, please stay close to us all like Clemence said.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Good luck tomorrow Lorelei.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

A1c over 10
Liver swollen
Lining in throat and stomach burned.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Lorelei ((hugs)) hope everything goes well tomorrow xx

Black show your hubby you mean business you were doing great just get back in there are you adding anything new in your sober journey?

Fish ((hugs) to you too xx

Renarde well done on 8 weeks awesome even more so considering the 8 weeks you have had.

Still in Cornwall still eating cornish ice cream like it's going out of fashion anyone know of a Icecream recovery website oh and candy crush my latest 2 addictions.

You mentioned sr apps for phone I use an android one.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Poor Fish. I had to google what A1c meant. I can't offer you any advice because I'm not at all medically knowledgeable. But I'm sending you hugs and willing you to stay strong.

Tallia, I hope you're not having the rain that the rest of us are in the West Country. Port Isaac! I bet it's lovely without all the summer crowds. We used to go out on the mackerel boats and catch so many fish from there. Happy days x
Old 10-22-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Clemence we went to Padstow today blue skys and 18 degrees beautiful quaint little town :-) had rick stein fish and chips well you got to when you there (I did need to Google who he was though I am not good) back at our base it rained oh well we kinda used to it from Wales thank goodness for mac in sacs lol
Old 10-22-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
A1c over 10
Liver swollen
Lining in throat and stomach burned.
The good news, Fish, is that the first 2, I believe, are fixable with proper treatment.

And I would think also the last 2, but at least these shouldn't get any worse as long as you don't drink. I sure hope your doc is going to be working with you on these things.

One thing that helps me to not drink is to focus on what it will do to my health if I drink again. My blood pressure will start going back up and I'll get to go back to worrying about dropping dead from a stroke or something again.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Fishy,

I'm sorry about your health woes. Good incentive to stay sober. Liquor will tear up your stomach and throat lining horribly and lead to bleeds. Brutal.

Stick with us.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Tallia we call it Padstein because he owns half the town; fish and chips, patisserie, a very expensive restaurant that has to books months in advance and a deli. I hope you visited some of the beautiful beaches around there.