Notices

Class of September 2013 part 4

Old 09-16-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Lommey, I am so sorry about the situation with your husband. That sounds totally bewildering. I am sending you a huge hug. Please don't drink - prove to him the kind of person you really are. Do anything but drink. Sit on SR all night if you need to. Sometimes when I feel vulnerable to the urge to drink I read the worst stories I can find on SR and remind myself where one drink goes for all of us. It's helped me get through some iffy moments. Let yourself cry - it's ok to cry and your feelings are completely understandable. We are all here for you!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde
He asked me for a xanax "so he could sleep" and I said no and he got mad. It was really irritating. This is my rx bc I am afraid of airplanes. I have 10 pills. I'm not giving them to him. I gave him one to help with a panic attack and that's it. Then he went and had two drinks and was acting goofy
Red flags waving all around. Don't give him anymore... and xanax and alcohol can be deadly combo. Sorry so short but posting this from my phone and it's not working right.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Good morning my September buddies
Old 09-16-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Well...

By this time last night I was quite wrecked. I've made it 24 hours. Feeling a bit edgy...stomach doesn't feel so great...tired but not sleepy...bored and thinking how nice it would be to just "check out" with a drink or two. But that's not going to happen today. Good night everyone.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Hey all! I worked today and I can't stay online a lot when I'm there.
Thanks everyone for your kind words about my "friend" situation.
To all of you with husband or SO issues, I totally hear you. Sometimes my husband's behavior makes me want to drink bottles of wine. He's self centered and bratty sometimes. He's insensitive and pessimistic. It's terrible. Ha! But I'm just empathizing here, I'm not currently going through that for the moment.
I'm interested in this Codependency book. I'll have to order it. I guess I'm not sure I even know what codependency really is, by definition. I should educate myself. Since it seems to keep popping up.
My DF texted me again this morning (my block on her number didn't work! Don't know why). She said she was sorry to be so abrupt but she just needs space. So now she's gone from "Our friendship is over, goodbye," to "I just don't think we can be friends right now," to "Leave me alone to work it out," to "I'm sorry but I'm hurt too," to "I'm trying to contact you," to "We need to talk I want to talk," to "I'm sorry I was abrupt I need space." All the while I responded with confusion and concern, finally telling her I didn't want to talk to her ever again. As you all know.
So, I did something I've been meaning to do for a long time. I drafted a letter to her sister, who lives here. I intend to send it tomorrow. It's a letter of concern I've wanted to send for over a year. It's the last thing I'll do for her. Then I wash my hands.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Hopefully it will be double digit day today !

So, moving to day 10 I hope. I havent given drinking a lot of thought though I have been obsessed with recovery in the past few days. However, today I need to be careful as I have a bad habit in the evening when I pass by the liquor store. I will be very mindful of it tonight but also be chilled as well.

This is a really communicative group, so many posts ! I need to catch up. I loved the August 2013 post, it really connected with me.

Thanks all
Old 09-16-2013, 09:07 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewLeaf View Post
Red flags waving all around. Don't give him anymore... and xanax and alcohol can be deadly combo. Sorry so short but posting this from my phone and it's not working right.
I know. It is the first time he's ever had Xanax and the first time he has ever dealt with an anxiety disorder so I am not suspicious of anything but I don't intend to enable or reinforce bad coping mechanisms. Needs to be worked on the right way and not simply chemically.I told him tonight I was very upset that his dad told him to get a daily rx for Xanax and I don't want him to do that and he agreed. His mom is an rx addict and We are reminded that we do not respect their attitudes to rx drugs.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:09 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for letting me vent today.

After some quality time with my dog and my husband I feel more recharged. To think I could have gone for the wine. Would not have fixed and thing and I would have woken up feeling terrible. I don't want to wake up that way ever again!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
I know. It is the first time he's ever had Xanax and the first time he has ever dealt with an anxiety disorder so I am not suspicious of anything but I don't intend to enable or reinforce bad coping mechanisms. Needs to be worked on the right way and not simply chemically.I told him tonight I was very upset that his dad to him to get a daily rx for Xanax and I don't want him to do that and he agreed. His mom is an addict and We are reminded that we do not respect their attitudes to rx drugs.
I apologize for having that sound like I was telling you what to do but I was stuck in a ton of traffic (a passenger) and just wanted to post what I could. My alarms went off only because you'd mentioned it before. My oldest, who's 24, has severe anxiety. He was prescribed xanax and I've seen the effects the few times he actually drank after having taken it. It's pretty scary stuff really, and if he has other co-morbiditities, taking something not specifically prescribed for him could spell disaster.

I'm so glad he's taking some steps to talk to someone. It should really help the two of you sort things out.

You have a lot going on, Renarde. I was especially glad to read the last part of your post about taking care of yourself. You really do deserve to be happy and that's crucial. (Sends virtual hug.)
Old 09-16-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thiamin View Post
By this time last night I was quite wrecked. I've made it 24 hours. Feeling a bit edgy...stomach doesn't feel so great...tired but not sleepy...bored and thinking how nice it would be to just "check out" with a drink or two. But that's not going to happen today. Good night everyone.
Yayyyyyyyyyyy for day 1!!!!

Tomorrow morning will feel so good, and you have a great group of people to lean on here. Welcome! Best advice I can give is just keep reading and posting. It's working for me, as long as I keep remembering that.

Welcome!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abwvu1 View Post
Considering that I have to keep maintaining my weight (lost 28 lbs over the summer) gorging on pizza/wings/doritos is not the best idea for me lol.

Thanks for the encouragement
I was thinking veggie platter and low fat dip or hummus haha.

Hope you sleep well, abwvu1. That should make a big difference.

See you tomorrow!
Old 09-16-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Going to be a long boring night
Old 09-16-2013, 10:15 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
Going to be a long boring night
Oh FishnHippy... wish I could stay up for you tonight but I've got to get some shut eye because I've got a crazy work day ahead tomorrow. I've also learned that being tired is one of my triggers, so hoping I'm not already doomed to struggling tomorrow night.

I see you live in NC... do you work at night or do you just have trouble sleeping?
Old 09-16-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewLeaf View Post

Oh FishnHippy... wish I could stay up for you tonight but I've got to get some shut eye because I've got a crazy work day ahead tomorrow. I've also learned that being tired is one of my triggers, so hoping I'm not already doomed to struggling tomorrow night.

I see you live in NC... do you work at night or do you just have trouble sleeping?
No new leaf I'm working tonight
Old 09-16-2013, 10:29 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Checking in for day 3, its morning here, loads of work to do today, maybe better keeps my mind occupied...
Old 09-17-2013, 12:19 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Lommly so sorry about the painful situation you're in right now, it is not an easy station, but hopeful a little time apart will help you both get back to a good place or at least an amicable one.

Going to counselor this morning call back later.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:38 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Good morning all and the very best of luck to those just starting out over the last few days. It is day 23 here for me I am amazed to realise. Being a serial quitter (and a very unsuccessful one!) I have had a couple of days here and a couple there for literally years. I think I managed ten days last year. This is the longest period of sobriety in ten years for me. I plan for it to be long term too if I have anything to do with it!..and I don't know who else other than me it boils down to. No excuses, no problems, no crises, invented or otherwise. Just me not drinking one day at a time if that is what it takes.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:08 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Iommy hope you doing ok today thinking of you xx
Old 09-17-2013, 01:16 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Hey guys, day 4 today.

Been super busy, had another grad assessment centre yesterday and although it was intense it went quite well I think

Been a bit vacant the past few days but I think I needed a few days to get my head sorted after my slip at the weekend. Count me in for the rest of the month, #imafinisher
Old 09-17-2013, 01:35 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Morning septemberites!!!!

day 17 here, pouring down with rain but got a smile on my face.

hope everyone is well, just going to catch up....

xx

#iamafinisher