SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of September 2013 part 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/307422-class-september-2013-part-4-a.html)

Dee74 09-13-2013 02:29 PM

Class of September 2013 part 4

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-22.html

D

Renarde 09-13-2013 02:30 PM

(((Uninvited))) Sorry you are struggling. What's your plan for the evening?

Way to go Tallia!

My kiddo is really pushing my limits today. My body hurts and I'm short on patience and really overwhelmed with everything I have to do. Kiddo is super fussy and pissy. Just counting the minutes until husband gets home.

Uninvited 09-13-2013 02:42 PM

Just went out and jogged a mile in the pouring rain to see if that helped. Was considering going to an AA meeting but I went to this meeting about a year ago and it's literally 3 oldtimers with a billion years of sobriety sitting around in chairs. Sorta hard to hide in a meeting like that.

lommey 09-13-2013 03:00 PM

hope your feeling better dee. tired tonite just in from aa meeting need to go to bed. take cake everyone where ever you are

Dee74 09-13-2013 03:09 PM

still struggling but getting better, Hope to be back soon :)

D

Uninvited 09-13-2013 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4178727)
still struggling but getting better, Hope to be back soon :)

D

I hope you get better soon Dee. I just realized this whole site is dead without you posting.

Renarde 09-13-2013 04:07 PM

I agree. Lots of love for Dee. :tyou

Did the run help uninvited? Husband is picking up ice cream on the way home. I think this might become my new weekend reward. :)

abwvu1 09-13-2013 04:41 PM

On board after 13 days. Football weekend coming up. Gonna be difficult but rehab and attending AA meeting will help me through the cravings and triggers.

Thanks to those who ride with me through this. One day at a time.

phoebe64 09-13-2013 05:24 PM

Just get some rest, Dee. Take care.

Ro

SoberChristy 09-13-2013 05:26 PM

Running in the rain sounds fun! So does ice cream. It's weird how when I'm trying to quit drinking, I start to feel like a kid again-enjoying the simple things.

So tired after work today after not sleeping well last night. I hope it goes a little better tonight. I got my AA books in the mail yesterday and started on The Big Book. I'm not far enough to have an opinion yet, but it does focus me on sobriety.

EternalQ 09-13-2013 06:02 PM

Abwvu: Stay close to SR if you can. Sounds like football season is a trigger but many people quit drinking and love football season and so can you!

Renarde 09-13-2013 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by SoberChristy (Post 4178942)
It's weird how when I'm trying to quit drinking, I start to feel like a kid again-enjoying the simple things.

This is one of my objectives. I see my child and my dog having so much genuine fun and excitement over life. I've wondered how they could feel that way sober. I'm working on rediscovering the child I used to be who knew how to have fun.

Renarde 09-13-2013 06:46 PM

EternalQ, thank you for all of your supportive posts. I really appreciate it. :You_Rock_

phoebe64 09-13-2013 07:31 PM

I made it. Time for bed. I can smell my dh. Yuck. beer, alcohol. I am 20 feet away from him. He has had about 6 beers, give or take one. I keep sticking his bottle under the sink. I Hate seeing them around when I an struggling to be sober.

Goodnight all!

13unluckyforsom 09-13-2013 07:44 PM

Well done rochelle! Sleep well.

Renarde 09-13-2013 07:52 PM

congrats on a sober Friday Rochele!

eveval 09-13-2013 08:37 PM

Uninvited I hope you're doing okay! I keep trying to convince myself to start running, but I'm finding excuses every day not too :) I have friends who run and tell me that running in the rain is just about the best thing ever.

Christy! I'm finding that same thing too, but it's in small bursts. I just occasionally find myself a little brighter and sillier and engaged, more curious and joyful. I hope that these moments continue to happen more often.

I had dinner tonight with my brother and his friend who is visiting from out of town. I realized at dinner that the last time the three of us had a meal together was at that same restaurant a few years ago. We had brunch, I was definitely still drunk from the night before, and I was way more concerned with my mimosa than anything else. Tonight I had water. I guess that's something :)

Bird615 09-13-2013 08:58 PM

After about 12 or 13 years of absence, I finally went to an AA meeting tonight. My husband and I took a 30-minute walk to check out an open speaker meeting and it was like I'd never been away. Although I'd never been to this group before, everyone was very friendly and welcoming, shaking our hands and introducing themselves. It was a very small meeting, compared to what I was used to, but I enjoyed it and was comfortable. I can almost always find something to relate to when someone shares their experience.

I should have stuck around and visited after, but I wasn't thinking and we left pretty quick. He grabbed a coffee on the way and we enjoyed our walk home along the bike path on a warm and breezy night.

I think I'll be checking out some other groups near here now and am even considering visiting my old home group again.

Funny, the name of the group I went to tonight had the same name of the group I first sobered up in back in my hometown.

I hope all of you doing okay tonight. If you're having a hard time, trust that it will pass; you'll be glad you rode it out.

EternalQ 09-13-2013 10:02 PM

Rochele- That has got to be hard. Though I suppose sometimes your husband drinking could strengthen your resolve not to, it is still lonely to be making your own path. That's what's so nice about SR . There's always someone here who is on the path you're on.

Regarding how sobriety helps you notice and appreciate little things: here is a thread all about that topic:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ure-sober.html

Plenny 09-13-2013 10:14 PM

Just had a memory... The day I decided to make the change I drove myself to the cheese shop and bought the nicest cheese they had, my favorite pâté, and a baguette. I picked up some sparkling water and went home and made a plate, and I began to journal about quitting drinking. I wrote about keeping all of the nice things in my life and remembering to indulge myself in the things life has to offer, and about how alcohol was taking away my appreciation for those things, by not living up to my romantic idea of what it was and could be. The reality of drinking was stripping away pleasure. I'm still waiting to get it back... But slowly I am enjoying more and more
Today I laid the foundation for the biggest painting I've ever embarked on -- something I really thought I could do as a drinker but simply could not muster the motivation for. Today the muse was not silenced by wine. In reality, inspiration is hindered greatly by alcohol. For so long I held on to the myth that creatives must drink. I am so thankful that I realized the lie