1 tin of sardines
handful of corn chips
5 handfuls of pistachios
2 mini snickers
1 small container of chocolate mouse
2 glasses of water
1 piece of cheese

I think I have spoilt my dinner

this all happened as a result of rehearsing today ( DJ'ing ) and it has been a rare thing for a long time that I have not had a drink at hand while spinning tunes at home or at my gigs.

I have a gig coming up in three days and I really have got to rehearse......its definitely a trigger for me though

life was never meant to be easy I suppose

maybe I should just open a can of harden the f%&k up and get on with what I have got to do....?
Old 09-17-2013, 01:46 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

firstandlast, time to change the record ;-) its time for a new routine, have a glass of coke, lemonade, water whatever at your side, its all about learning new ways to cope, you can't give up your djing, so, time to change the mindset, its not an overnight thing sadly, but small steps lead to big things x
Old 09-17-2013, 01:55 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

is it ok to drink the equivalent quantity of diet cola to what I normally have of beer/wine? I really am slamming them down at the moment. ... I know what i'll do, I'll get caffeine free diet cola...yeah...? I suppose my body is not only used to drinking lots of alcohol but also drinking lots of fluids. hmmmm hand mouth stuff me thinks (oral fixation)... cool ...im going to the fridge

thanks. record changed
Old 09-17-2013, 01:59 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

if I don't constantly have a drink , non alc of course ;-) to hand I start craving, maybe its in my mind, but it helps, I know from when I had 18 mths af, that passes, so hang in there and keep talking to us x hope your gig goes great
Old 09-17-2013, 02:36 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

That job I travelled for last week...

Well I got offered the job!
Old 09-17-2013, 02:40 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Congratulations Grindlow brilliant news well done you
Old 09-17-2013, 02:57 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the job Grindilow
Day 17, start work at 4:30 pm, trying to rest abit. Drinking sparkling water and coffee. Bought this gadget that supposedly can read my old music tapes and turn them into mp3 files. If it works that would be awesome! Backing up my music library with a digital version could be something to keep my mind off the liquor in the following days and weeks!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:10 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grindilow View Post

CONGRATULATIONS GRINDLOW
Old 09-17-2013, 03:11 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by workoholic View Post
Congratulations on the job Grindilow
Day 17, start work at 4:30 pm, trying to rest abit. Drinking sparkling water and coffee. Bought this gadget that supposedly can read my old music tapes and turn them into mp3 files. If it works that would be awesome! Backing up my music library with a digital version could be something to keep my mind off the liquor in the following days and weeks!
day 17 here too WH, hope your file reader works, I love listening to music too, distracts the mind... sparkly water here too, keeping my supermarket in business lately x
Old 09-17-2013, 03:52 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Good morning class. It has been very busy here and hard to keep up with everyone's posting. I'm starting out day 17. Been having massive cravings the past few days - probably due in part to the fall weather and weekend of football and food. I survived and I'm better off for it. I don't miss the feeling of being wore out coming off a binge. I'm amazed and happy at how big our class is growing. Keep up the good work and keep posting when you need support.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:53 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hi all, sorry haven't been on here since Friday, Im staying with a friend until next week so its a bit hard to post on here regularly. Still sober now on day 8 and made it through the weekend fine. Had a couple of temptations but managed to resist. Have told friends that I'm not going to be drinking alcohol at all, ever, and this seems to make things easier. After a couple o "oh just have a few drinks then stop" they kind of gave up and carried on with the night. I was in a drinking situation once at the weekend but am going to be avoiding as many as these situations as possible, its just too early. I find it very easy to not drink (am not even tempted) when I am driving so Im going to be putting myself forward as the designated driver as much as possible . Going out and about socially is actually a positive change for me as I did the majority of my drinking in the house by myself. Trying to change as much of the little routines as possible too and this seems to be helping. Also been exercising and staying away from sugar and this also seems to help. Will read up on everyones posts and see how you have all been doing, hopefully well X
Old 09-17-2013, 04:15 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Having to stay a little late at work yesterday set off a big craving. Missing my regular bus home would be my excuse to get a bottle. Told my husband how I was feeling when I got home, and he reassured me and reminded me that I don't need booze, because I don't do that anymore.

Although that helped a lot, I just started crying out of sheer frustration at the feeling. It passed after that, but I've been feeling moody and weepy ever since.

I guess I'm having a tantrum.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Congratulations, Grindlow! Well done!
Old 09-17-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Well done Gridlow!

My day is not going as well as I might have hoped. Feeling pretty depressed and irritable. Also my stomach is still not right. I guess it will all take a while to settle down. It is only three weeks after all, after years of abuse.

On the plus side I am meeting an AA friend for a coffee this afternoon. I will try not to complain too much!
Old 09-17-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grindilow View Post

Yay! That is great news, Grindilow. Congratulations!
Old 09-17-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Day 10 beginning here. Gotta run and get boy ready for school, and do some PTO/volunteer business this morning. Reading along but not time to write now. Have a good morning/evening wherever your time zone!
Old 09-17-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Wonderful for you, Grindilow! Congratulations!
Old 09-17-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mentium View Post
Well done Gridlow!

My day is not going as well as I might have hoped. Feeling pretty depressed and irritable. Also my stomach is still not right. I guess it will all take a while to settle down. It is only three weeks after all, after years of abuse.

On the plus side I am meeting an AA friend for a coffee this afternoon. I will try not to complain too much!

hope you have a good afternoon and your tummy settles, why don't you put some music on something that makes you smile x
Old 09-17-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

See you later today, Classies. I'm off to work for now.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

have a great day, be strong x