Notices

Class of June 2013 Pt 5

Old 07-07-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Netflix is also helping me pass the time. is breaking bad worth starting?
Old 07-07-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Day 19, and feeling kinda groggy/bored/cooped up. Heat index is over 100 and muggy...I'd like to go out and take a walk. Maybe after the sun goes down. The way all the cement and brick/stone buildings hold the heat in here is crazy...they should have used more wood! Can't wait till summer is over, and we have livable temperatures! This is making me crabby!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ippochick View Post
Netflix is also helping me pass the time. is breaking bad worth starting?
Totally!! It's a positive addiction for me and the mrs...new season should be starting soon too I would guess (if not already)...
Old 07-07-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HuskyPup View Post
Day 19, and feeling kinda groggy/bored/cooped up. Heat index is over 100 and muggy...I'd like to go out and take a walk. Maybe after the sun goes down. The way all the cement and brick/stone buildings hold the heat in here is crazy...they should have used more wood! Can't wait till summer is over, and we have livable temperatures! This is making me crabby!
where are you, husky? here in the uk we've had days of temperatures in the low 80s and we're complaining it's too hot! when it cools down again we'll complain it's too cold, most likely while standing politely in a queue. got to love us brits!!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
Totally!! It's a positive addiction for me and the mrs...new season should be starting soon too I would guess (if not already)...
excellent. netflix has seasons 1-5 so i'll give it a go!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

2nd the motion for Breaking bad, excellent tv.

Hope everyone is getting through the end of the w/end ok. It's scorching here and I'm not liking it tbh. Makes me think of being out "enjoying" myself.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day 23!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Day 4 in the books...I know it's not a big deal but given the weather we had this weekend, I'm still pretty happy about not 2nd guessing myself. I had a brief thought today...the how about one last chance to get it right thought...and then it passed. I've given myself many one last chance's in the past and I guess it's obvious how those turned out.

Anyways, it's going to be a long road ahead but I hope I'll soon be able to accept life without alcohol. I know a few people that don't drink at all and they certainly don't seem miserable! I'm pretty sure they were never drunks like me but just don't drink by choice. Seeing that they can be happy gives me some outlook that maybe the rest of us here can be happy too...here's hoping its true. One thing is for sure, drunk me is definitely far from a happy one. I was usually quite happy leading up to and during drinking but afterwards...a different story altogether. One funny thing, people at work used to call me 'Friday SM' because I was always an order of magnitude happier and more excited on Friday's than any other day. That's only because happy hour was on the agenda every Friday evening, of course!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Ali!

Husky, try calling that AA number again. Maybe the grouch you talked to was just filling in for someone. Maybe you'd get somebody more pleasant this time.

Husky and seems like everybody else on here, how fortunate it is that you all live near beaches! I haven't been to the beach in nine years! Hopefully next year.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberForMySon View Post
Day 23!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Junegirl View Post
Congrats on 25 days, Whipster!
So glad you came right back here, Ali. A hiccup, but you're still going.

Another family bbq and the beer was flowing. I had some urges but not really any fear anxiety that I would give in (last time I had some anxiety that went away prettty quickly). I'm keeping myself very busy and that seems to help keep the bad thoughts away. Well, off to keep busy some more.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Junegirl
That is great! To be there and not stress the alcohol being there too is great strides IMHO!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

well, the beach was gorgeous. I am now out in my sun trap of a garden reading. hubby has gone to a music day in the park in town, and is off to a gig after so I won't see him til tomorrow as I will be fast asleep by the time he gets in!

a peaceful day here. hope it's being the same for all of my junester classmates!
Did the beach today here too, until the thunder rolled in! Then we were out of there right quick. Glad you had a good day.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sonrisa12 View Post
Checking in - Day 22 and today is better I am happy to report.

I feel like I have more time on my hands than ever, and enough time to do everything I need to do. I can really fit in a lot of stuff when I'm not drinking. That is a blessing.

I still can't sleep all that well but I do feel better. No cravings today. I was super productive yesterday and finished a paper for school a day early - that was a great feeling.

I'm starting to forget what it felt like to reach for the bottle, you know? I used to come home and open wine or hit the whiskey - but I don't do that anymore. It is almost as if the 'habit' of it is leaving me. I still have alcohol in my house but for me, its ok. I almost forget its there. You know, I never thought THAT would happen.

So my routine has changed, my thinking about it (reaching for it when I'm stressed) has changed. My relationship with it has changed. I am so unbelievably grateful for that. I'm not going to write that certain days won't be harder than others - but I'm been doing a lot of soul searching and I'm slowly figuring things about myself that I never pieced together before. Not drinking affords me the time to do that - and I have some stuff to sort through, that's for sure.

Thanks for listening. Just wanted to write I'm having a better day
Thanks for sharing, this was great to read and gives me lots of hope! Good for you
Old 07-07-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

well it's a british beach so very stony and no sand! it was lovely though - i am so lucky to live 20 mins from beaches that are mostly deserted even on days like today.

day 21 done here. catch you all tomorrow for another day at the coalface!

x
Old 07-07-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post

Its what I MUST remember, drinking never solves my problems or depression or sadness, it just magnifies them.
That is so true, I drank for numbness and to relieve stress and anxiety, but waking up hung over made it start all over again. A vicious cycle.
Good for you for passing up that pub! Be proud!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ali123 View Post
It's easier than recovering from a long binge but I'm really struggling today! Very determined not to drink but my god, it's all I can think about.

Sounds like you've had lovely day though 1stepup, well done on resisting the beer garden!!
Take one moment at a time, try to get through the day without the drink, you can do it! Yeah I know, easier said than done...
Old 07-07-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

where are you, husky? here in the uk we've had days of temperatures in the low 80s and we're complaining it's too hot! when it cools down again we'll complain it's too cold, most likely while standing politely in a queue. got to love us brits!!
Would LOVE to go to the UK! I try and figure out what the weather is like there but never quite get it. I am in New England-Massachusetts and we have your typical 4 seasons, although they change in length I swear winter is getting longer and summer shorter! I live on the Cape so we have milder weather than those inland. Our heat wave (low 90's during the day, high 60's low 70's at night) is coming to an end with a cold front tonight and we will be back to our usual 75-80. Probably no more heat waves, I'd be surprised if we have another. I love summer, warm weather, the beach, I like early fall and late spring. I am just not a winter gal and we have had too much snow lately hoping for a mild winter!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
Day 4 in the books...I know it's not a big deal but given the weather we had this weekend, I'm still pretty happy about not 2nd guessing myself. I had a brief thought today...the how about one last chance to get it right thought...and then it passed. I've given myself many one last chance's in the past and I guess it's obvious how those turned out.
Day 4 is a big things as it is better than day none, congrats! I have had those 2nd guessing thoughts myself but know that I won't be successful.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

all you need to know about british weather is that british people moan about it whatever it does.

and i would love to visit new england.

SR world tour - who's up for it?!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

all you need to know about british weather is that british people moan about it whatever it does.

and i would love to visit new england.

SR world tour - who's up for it?!
My knowledge of British weather comes from the lovely boys of One Direction, whom 3 of my daughters worship, one of them describes the difference in UK and US fans as the UK fans wear more coats...sounds cold? or wet?
I am all over an SR world tour, although New England probably is not the most exciting place to see in the US, I think most people would choose NYC or California!