Class of June 2013 Pt 5

our last part is here :

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pt-4-a-20.html

have a great sober sunday (or monday) all

D
Old 07-07-2013, 01:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello new thread

Glad you're still here Ali, straight back on that horse!

Enjoy your lazy sunday jr.

So glad I am sober and about to head out - next door is doing something up a ladder. He can see straight into my house. Feel like I'm in a goldfish bowl! Laters all
Old 07-07-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ditto that Ali, glad you're still here, as if you never left (almost). Hugs, blessings and strength to you.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good morning all,
I am all ready for my first meeting. Nervous but willing. So happy I have someone to bring me, I'd never go alone. I hope this is where things start to look up....
Old 07-07-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wishing you all the best today Kayti x
Old 07-07-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow day 25...never thought I would make it this far. I have tried to "cut back" so many times through the 35 years of drinking, usually lasting a week or so. I guess what kept me on track was reading about other people's journeys on this site, and for that I am grateful for finding this place.

Since quitting I have lost 15 pounds off my prominent beer belly, and my skin is clearer that it has ever been. My AV is sleeping, and has been for days.

Have a blessed day, all.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 25 days, Whipster!
So glad you came right back here, Ali. A hiccup, but you're still going.

Another family bbq and the beer was flowing. I had some urges but not really any fear anxiety that I would give in (last time I had some anxiety that went away prettty quickly). I'm keeping myself very busy and that seems to help keep the bad thoughts away. Well, off to keep busy some more.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Junegirl
Old 07-07-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

well, the beach was gorgeous. I am now out in my sun trap of a garden reading. hubby has gone to a music day in the park in town, and is off to a gig after so I won't see him til tomorrow as I will be fast asleep by the time he gets in!

a peaceful day here. hope it's being the same for all of my junester classmates!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you're back Ali and WOW to the 25 days Whipster.

I'm having a quick 5 mins break then back at it. I am soooo tired - I will not be going to my AA meeting tonight as I hope to be in bed by 7.30 fast asleep (I've told a contact there and if my diary allows I'll meet her on Tuesday to go to one then).

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine (who has it) - 3 days here in a row in the UK - that is an official heat wave :-)
Old 07-07-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KaytiP View Post
Good morning all,
I am all ready for my first meeting. Nervous but willing. So happy I have someone to bring me, I'd never go alone. I hope this is where things start to look up....
Hope you find it beneficial - remember you don't have to say anything if you don't want too.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good for you KaytiP!

No more propolis for me. I think I'm allergic to it; my joints ache and my chest feels tight. Who the hell wants to eat bee hive resin anyway!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lifebeginsat41 View Post
Hope you find it beneficial - remember you don't have to say anything if you don't want too.
It was a much older crowd this morning, but I am getting a list of other meetings and asking around about what ones people like or don't and keep trying. I would like to go tomorrow, but have to figure out where.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cheapredwino View Post
Good for you KaytiP!

No more propolis for me. I think I'm allergic to it; my joints ache and my chest feels tight. Who the hell wants to eat bee hive resin anyway!
Not me
Old 07-07-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Checking in - Day 22 and today is better I am happy to report.

I feel like I have more time on my hands than ever, and enough time to do everything I need to do. I can really fit in a lot of stuff when I'm not drinking. That is a blessing.

I still can't sleep all that well but I do feel better. No cravings today. I was super productive yesterday and finished a paper for school a day early - that was a great feeling.

I'm starting to forget what it felt like to reach for the bottle, you know? I used to come home and open wine or hit the whiskey - but I don't do that anymore. It is almost as if the 'habit' of it is leaving me. I still have alcohol in my house but for me, its ok. I almost forget its there. You know, I never thought THAT would happen.

So my routine has changed, my thinking about it (reaching for it when I'm stressed) has changed. My relationship with it has changed. I am so unbelievably grateful for that. I'm not going to write that certain days won't be harder than others - but I'm been doing a lot of soul searching and I'm slowly figuring things about myself that I never pieced together before. Not drinking affords me the time to do that - and I have some stuff to sort through, that's for sure.

Thanks for listening. Just wanted to write I'm having a better day
Old 07-07-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cheapredwino View Post
Good for you KaytiP!

I have propolis in my medicine cabinet and I have no idea how it got there - but I think my Romanian friend gave it to me and told me to take it for my liver. I guess he knew something was up too! lol
Old 07-07-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sonrisa12 View Post

Thanks for listening. Just wanted to write I'm having a better day
Really pleased to hear that Sonrisa :-)
Old 07-07-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, beautiful day again here in Wales, been down the park with my girls and it was great.

Dropped them off at my exes before and that always brings me down, hate coming home seeing their toys and clearing up their stuff makes me miss them straight away, in the past id go straight to the pub to stop myself feeling lonely and drink to numb the pain of missing them it never worked though it just made me feel worse. Even so I had an urge on the way home to go in a beer garden and have a 'couple' (yeah right!) of ice cold ciders. But I resisted and ive come back and tidied up- least Ive had a good sober time with them- plenty of laughter- love them to bits.

Its what I MUST remember, drinking never solves my problems or depression or sadness, it just magnifies them.

Got work again tomorrow be good to be going clear headed.

Hope everyone is doing ok, glad to see you back Ali!, getting over 1 days drinking is a LOT easier than recovering from a longer binge.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

It's easier than recovering from a long binge but I'm really struggling today! Very determined not to drink but my god, it's all I can think about.

Sounds like you've had lovely day though 1stepup, well done on resisting the beer garden!!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I know how you're feeling Ali, its only a 5 minute walk to the nearest pub for me, and I know id go with the best intentions to have no more than 2, but then im scared of going in a way because im scared of wanting more once ive had those 2, think its fear that's keeping me sober tonight.

These urges will pass, I know how hard it is but try and stay strong and you'll feel better for it later. Urges are meant to only last 20minutes, but must admit mines been lasting the last two hours! Really fighting it and in a way il be glad when im safely in bed tonight- talk about wishing my life away!!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Yep, the urges seem to pass sooner or later, and become less frequent with time. I finally got Netflix, so that helps pass the time.