Notices

Class of June 2013 Pt 5

Old 08-09-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snipe View Post
Hey Kayti,

That sucks, talk about being powerless!

I don't know what to tell you except that drinking can only make it worse. You should be really proud that you are getting sober in these circumstances rather than beating yourself up for things in the past that you can't change.
Thanks,
I know people have things much worse than me and I should look at the positive things, I am just frustrated and I know I need to get over it but things just feel so overwhelming at times I feel like I am going to pop like a balloon. Anyway she showed up late again, went over my emergency plan for my "imminent relapse" as she said relapse is part of recovery, nothing like being positive (insert sarcasm here...) which I thought was thorough but I have to redo it and add in the items she wants. She wants me to keep a log/journal of ALL of the meetings I go to and have it signed by the secretary of the group and she wants to read the journal, she wants to speak with my sponsor-not sure how I feel about that as it is her anonymity at stake, my sponsor said she would call her but doesn't want me to give out her number, can't blame her there, I think that is a bit much to ask personally. She is coming again 8/23 to ask me and my husband about our family upbringing, past relationships (weird) family status, parenting styles of our parents and our parenting styles, all past history she feels relevant, questions about the kids, she wants to meet with the kids and ask them a bunch of stuff. Then she will come again 1-3 more times after that and give us her determination by Sept. 23.
I guess this is a huge test of my patience because I detest waiting and I am stuck waiting and waiting.
Enough of my complaining you must all be sick of me by now, sorry!
Hope everyone is doing well...
Old 08-09-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by AllieB View Post
My hat goes off to you, Dee. You gotta be one tough cookie to play poker when the genetic roulette wheel hands you those dna cards. (That was my very best mixed metaphor, whipped up special for you.)

*Ignore the following questions if you are trying to remain anonymous, but, are you a fiction writer? Non-fiction? Anything of yours I could order up at my local library?
I'm not a writer anymore, except for here.

I wrote an unfinished novel or ten, a lot of not commercially successful songs, and a sheath of history papers back in the day, but nothing you could order, Allie.

It's a past life now

Sorry for all those hoops they're making you jump thru Kayti, but I am kinda glad too that they take things so seriously?

time for a new thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...13-pt-6-a.html

D