Notices

Class of June 2013 Pt 5

Old 07-08-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good luck with that ippo, I've never had an LFT - too chicken, scared of the truth!
Old 07-08-2013, 09:59 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

after the fuss and drama today, culminating in me being given a public bollocking, i'm out of here.

i'll keep checking in. best of luck to all. i am genuinely hurt that an attempt to foster further understanding has ended up this way. i love it here, but debate is not welcomed.

i expect i'll get banned anyway for posting this.

this place has been a lifeline. i feel very hurt.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:17 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

The addictive voice was talking to me today/tonight. Went out for a bike ride and an ice cream with my son, beautiful night, lots of people out enjoying the summer evening with drinks in hand. I found myself looking at them with envy and also like a non-smoker looks at a group of smokers. That voice didn't get very far though...all the negative memories of drinking, especially the recent embarrassment, physical pain, and disappointment, are enough to keep me sober for the time being. Not sure how I will be able to keep temptation at bay for the long haul but no sense worrying about the long term yet. Just keep counting the days, one day at a time.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ippochick View Post
after the fuss and drama today, culminating in me being given a public bollocking, i'm out of here.

i'll keep checking in. best of luck to all. i am genuinely hurt that an attempt to foster further understanding has ended up this way. i love it here, but debate is not welcomed.

I read that and found it inappropriate, IMHO. I feel she was quite bashed over there, it seems to me she needed some education on her disease as well as her family, which could have been handled in a more positive light...
Old 07-08-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

No no no ippo don't go. I don't know what to say Stay here for your own wellbeing if it's been helping you, nevermind what anybody else thinks. Please rethink.

Glad you overcame that voice SM, I'm being tested to my limits tonight by my DD, if there was any more than £6 in my bank account til wednesday I'd be seriously wanting to say eff it. Luckily I can't! Just counting down til bedtime.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:26 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Tried a different AA meeting this a.m. I did like it better, but still don't know that I would ever work all the steps. AA has been in my life all my life through my family and sadly it didn't work for any of my 7 siblings. I have a friend in early recovery from drug use (though she has far more days than me, she is approaching 3 months and I am approaching 2 weeks!). It is helpful to have someone that I am close to in a similar spot. She is also dealing with DCF and went to the IOP her first attempt at sobriety, this is her second and she did more with rehab and group home etc. She is very laid back and tells it like it is, this meeting today seemed to have quite a variety of people in various stages of recovery. I didn't speak, I don't know when and if I will. The meetings are first thing in the a.m. Mon-Sat. I figure it is quite a positive way to start the day...I will keep going and see how it is for me.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Originally Posted by ippochick View Post

I didn't see what happened, but I hope you keep posting here. I had some pretty bad scrapes in the past as well, but managed to come back, and just avoid anyone who was mean. I recall one person even told me, "Go ahead, and drink yourself to death, for all I care", and I was like, "Whoa, chill out Mr. macho-tough-love dude!".

Some people can be real ornery and low-down, at times, but there's always going to be supportive people, too. I found I've had to focus on the things and people who give me strength, and just ignore the rest.

*hugs*

Well, day 20 here. I feel a little gloomy. Money has been a real mess. I'm trying to save to have my brakes/suspension fixed, but so far, I don't have a dime to put towards it...so that without a car, I feel really trapped in the city. I guess you could say a wave of depression is hitting.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Really hope you don't go ippo. We're in this together, and although we don't know you in person you mean a lot to us on this June thread. I haven't read the comments so can't say much else about it, but if sr is helping you please stay with us x
Old 07-08-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ali123 View Post
Really hope you don't go ippo. We're in this together, and although we don't know you in person you mean a lot to us on this June thread. I haven't read the comments so can't say much else about it, but if sr is helping you please stay with us x
Ditto this
Old 07-08-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I too, hope you'll stay. I didn't see what happened, but surely we're not all bad

Day 24 here!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I've always enjoyed your posts, Ippochick!
Old 07-08-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Like others have said, please stay here Ippochick, I have read the thread and saw others being more abusive in there tone than you were in my honest opinion, your a valued classmate here on this thread and I have found your posts inspiring and understanding.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi all - manic day but wanted to add my plea in public to say please stay Ippochick.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

i'm sorry for causing forum drama. it was never my intention. i was trying for debate but i seem to have crossed a line.

i don't want to go. i'm terrified of what i might do without this place. i feel like a pathetic, self-pitying alkie with nothing to contribute anywhere but where the rest of us sad sacks hang out.

i'll get over it. but right now i can't stop crying. over sensitive? maybe. but i'm a human being too. being an alcoholic seeking recovery shouldn't make me a punchbag for other people's pain.

sorry again. can we just forget the whole thing.

day 22 done.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I wouldn't let anyone push you off the site ippochick. Maybe just avoid whoever you've had words with for now.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Don't even know what happened Ippochick, so indeed there is really nothing to forget:-) stay strong and know that we are all in this together...
Old 07-08-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you decided to stay ippo

not feeling too well right now guys but hope to be back on top of things soon.
D
Old 07-08-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Get well soon dee x
Old 07-08-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon Dee.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Hey Sunnyc5,

How's it going with AVRT?