Notices

Class of June 2013 Pt 5

Old 07-08-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Get well soon Dee, and glad you're still here Ippochick.

Well its been a HOT day here in sunny North Wales, was very tiring in work- no way Id have got through it with a hangover, so glad I stayed sober this weekend.

Felt weird emotionally though, felt really high and optimistic in the morning and flat and down in the afternoon. Think ive got a habit of looking at other peoples outsides and comparing them with my insides (if that makes sense?!) that is it seems like everyone else 'looks' happy with their lives, but I don't know what theyre feeling inside. (ive confused myself now!!!!!)

Think I must have a touch of heatstroke or maybe overtired!, so i'll wish everyone here all the best for the rest of the day/ evening and find a cool dark room to lie down in!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Ippo, I read the threads. Ugh, that was sad all around. I've really valued your contributions so I do hope you stay around. Maybe have a good cry and come back to us sad sacks?

Dee, hope you're feeling all better soon.

Junegirl
Old 07-08-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ippochick View Post
i'm sorry for causing forum drama. it was never my intention. i was trying for debate but i seem to have crossed a line.

i don't want to go. i'm terrified of what i might do without this place. i feel like a pathetic, self-pitying alkie with nothing to contribute anywhere but where the rest of us sad sacks hang out.

i'll get over it. but right now i can't stop crying. over sensitive? maybe. but i'm a human being too. being an alcoholic seeking recovery shouldn't make me a punchbag for other people's pain.

sorry again. can we just forget the whole thing.

day 22 done.
Some people got nasty over there, don't let that keep you from us sad sacks! Us sad sacks as we are make quite a mixed bunch who hold each other up and lend a hand when one falls. That to me is more important than being berated in a forum which should have been done in a PM.
You always have good input, your response are kind and well thought out. I am over sensitive and would probably cry too.
I for one know where I am and am not posting on this forum, here is definitely the best so far for me! Don't let anyone run you off support is needed so much at this time.
Feel better
Old 07-08-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hope you get well soon Dee.

So that's another day down for me. I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing but I've been
getting rid of any thoughts of drink by telling myself I will drink but not today.

Sooner or later I'll have to face up to the reality that I won't be drinking again and I have to face my demons, but for now just getting from day to day sober will have to do.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Day 16 here. I was just thinking how life is boring without a bottle of wine once in a while, so I Googled "fatty liver disease" and did some reading and learned that 1 in 10 cases of FLD will progress to "hepatocellular carcinoma". The good news is that FLD is reversible in most cases.

Why do drugs have to be so hard on the body?! It's just a little buzz we're lookin' for. Geez.

Anyway, the Urge went away. For today.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jr85 View Post
So that's another day down for me. I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing but I've been
getting rid of any thoughts of drink by telling myself I will drink but not today.

Sooner or later I'll have to face up to the reality that I won't be drinking again and I have to face my demons, but for now just getting from day to day sober will have to do.
Day to day is the way to do it, think to far into the future and it is sure to cause upset and panic. I am not thinking beyond what I have to. Do whatever it takes to get you to stay sober TODAY (well tomorrow for you) and you are doing it right for you. Great job!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cheapredwino View Post
Day 16 here. I was just thinking how life is boring without a bottle of wine once in a while, so I Googled "fatty liver disease" and did some reading and learned that 1 in 10 cases of FLD will progress to "hepatocellular carcinoma". The good news is that FLD is reversible in most cases.

Why do drugs have to be so hard on the body?! It's just a little buzz we're lookin' for. Geez.

Anyway, the Urge went away. For today.
Today is really the first day I WANTED a drink. My monster-in-law is here to "help" me while my husband is away. I would do better without her "help". I have a freaking fractured wrist, she asks how it is, I said in pain from doing to much and she proceeds to put her feet up and watch TV while I fold 2 loads of laundry in between running my kids back and forth to cheer, going to the store and making dinner...where is the HELP? GRRRRRR!!! Can't wait until bedtime, why cant I live in the UK?????
Old 07-08-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KaytiP View Post
Today is really the first day I WANTED a drink. My monster-in-law is here to "help" me while my husband is away. I would do better without her "help". I have a freaking fractured wrist, she asks how it is, I said in pain from doing to much and she proceeds to put her feet up and watch TV while I fold 2 loads of laundry in between running my kids back and forth to cheer, going to the store and making dinner...where is the HELP? GRRRRRR!!! Can't wait until bedtime, why cant I live in the UK?????
Can't pick the family of the people we fall in love with, now can we? Stay on the wagon, Kayti, at least to prove all the naysayers wrong! I'm a grumpy old ******* who's happily alienated most of the people who **** me off (family members included), but I realize that most people do not have the luxury of doing so. I love my employees because I can hire and fire until I get a great team around me. I kind of do that with family and acquaintances too. :P

Onwards!
Old 07-08-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Ippo, you are not allowed to leave, sorry but you are stuck here with us
Old 07-08-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi all, it has been a while since I posted, but just wanted to check in. Thanks to everyone - the posts help keep me going. 22 days and still sober.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Day 19 and doing well! Love this summer!!

Last edited by AlexaDaly; 07-08-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 07-08-2013, 10:17 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jr85 View Post
Hope you get well soon Dee.

Hey JR...be cautious of promising yourself you will drink again. I have only 1 period of about 90 sobriety in my adult life and I made it through because I promised myself I would drink again, once I got some things taken care of in my life. I would say tell yourself anything that works but just be careful. Personally, I'm forcing myself to accept that 'the party is over' in terms of drinking and at the moment, I'm ok with that. Accepting that I am an alcoholic and that I want to live a better, more satisfying life is keeping me sober.

Keep on trucking...Day 6 for me. Wish I could fast forward to day 14 but I guess this is part of the process. Gotta earn your time!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:18 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

day 23 dawns bright and early. what on earth is it with being wide awake at 6am?! feels great to have gone 3 weeks with no hangover...
Old 07-08-2013, 10:24 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

day 23 dawns bright and early. what on earth is it with being wide awake at 6am?! feels great to have gone 3 weeks with no hangover...
Morning :-)

In real terms I'm on day 4 because of that glass on Friday but in terms of waking up without a hangover I'm on day 33. When I look at it like that I almost can't believe it!

Right; off to a full day - hope you have a good one today :-)
Old 07-08-2013, 11:26 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

where have greeneggs and bensmammy gone?

greeeeeeeneggs? maaaaaaaammy? we miss you!

hope they're doing ok.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:44 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

One cat free to a good home, tends to start meowing as soon as the birds start singing... Meh.

Morning! Glad you decided to stick around ippo, place wouldn't be the same without you

Get well soon Dee.

Bemyself where are you? Did you manage to start your detox yesterday? Hope you are ok.

Tidy up the house day today, I'm not entirely sure what has happened to it. People broke in I think and chucked everything everywhere... 2nd attempt at my SMART meeting this evening. We'll see what this week holds!

Hope everybody has a fab Tuesday
Old 07-09-2013, 03:40 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cheapredwino View Post
Can't pick the family of the people we fall in love with, now can we? Stay on the wagon, Kayti, at least to prove all the naysayers wrong! I'm a grumpy old ******* who's happily alienated most of the people who **** me off (family members included), but I realize that most people do not have the luxury of doing so. I love my employees because I can hire and fire until I get a great team around me. I kind of do that with family and acquaintances too. :P

Onwards!
You are very right, you can't pick your own family either! I have 7 siblings, one has passed in his early 50's as chronic alcoholism, drugs and colon cancer are not a good mix. I do not speak to any of the others aside from one brother, he is a year older than I am and the rest are 11+ years older than I. They never liked me and I finally gave up years ago trying to deal with them. They are all alcoholics, some claim they are in recovery-one or two might actually be but the others I know are not. I learned to let them go a long time ago. My MIL on the other hand, I can't get rid of her as my husband chooses to have her around. They have a tenuous relationship that he tries to hold onto for my kids (even though she is only good for 24 hours with them before her nasty shows). But his thinking that having her come for this long while he was away, to "help" me was so off. This is the most stressed I have been since court after my arrest! UGH!!! up at 6am today for that lovely 7:30am meeting...
Old 07-09-2013, 03:41 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tyme2Change View Post
Hi all, it has been a while since I posted, but just wanted to check in. Thanks to everyone - the posts help keep me going. 22 days and still sober.

Way to go!!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:43 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I dont sleep well anymore, not even with melatonin, sigh... up at 6 am guess I am going to go to the 730 with my friend...
Hope your day has been going well!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:44 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
One cat free to a good home, tends to start meowing as soon as the birds start singing... Meh.

Morning! Glad you decided to stick around ippo, place wouldn't be the same without you

Get well soon Dee.

Bemyself where are you? Did you manage to start your detox yesterday? Hope you are ok.

Tidy up the house day today, I'm not entirely sure what has happened to it. People broke in I think and chucked everything everywhere... 2nd attempt at my SMART meeting this evening. We'll see what this week holds!

Hope everybody has a fab Tuesday
I have heard others mention SMART, what is it??
Hope it is a good day!