Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 15

Old 07-04-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Life I had no idea it was your birthday yesterday, it still is your b'day in the US so here's a cross cultural happy birthday cake for you.

DSC_0266-1024x685.jpg

I said "cross-cultural" because I thought it was a pav, you'll have to imagine it.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Marcher, that is an incredibly yummy looking cake!

JP, thanks. It was some "repair work" - sorta like an old house that needs some work to be livable, lol!

Happy Thursday!

Hugs,
Sas
Old 07-05-2013, 01:10 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Know what you mean Sass, I definitely have a few loose shingles, and my underpinning is decidedly slack! I'm definitely in need of more than cosmetic repair! :rotfxko

Well tomorow we are off to the 'heilans' for a few days r&r. It will be a digital cleanse as electricity has barely made it up there let alone wifi, so do not despair of you don't hear from me after today for a week ( no throwing parties or talking behind my back either!! )
Be good to yourselves whilest I'm away, I hate the idea that an oportunity for my innate wisdoms should go wanting!!! Yeesh! I'm already getting withdrawals for what's might be!! I swear giving up the sauce was easier than going cold turkey on SR!!! Just thinking about it is giving me the sweats! I should at least be able to read though, so I should manage to get my fix.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:27 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good weekend Toots and everyone

D
Old 07-05-2013, 01:29 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee, you too hon.x
Old 07-05-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Toots, enjoy your digital cleanse :-). We'll miss your pearls of wisdom and will be happy when you return

Hugs
Old 07-05-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

I like snakes and fish. Joy! I'll bet even they do funny things. I had many goldfish. I named them A, B, C, D, E, and F through the years. If I get another one, he will be named...hold on...yes, you guessed it...G!!!

Happy one day late birthday life! That's a great holiday to have a birthday. Nice parties but you don't get gipped on presents like if you are born on Christmas!

I stayed up really late watching everyone else spend their money on fireworks. It will be quiet at work so that's good because I'm tired.

Saw my Mom for the first time in about 3 weeks yesterday. She is in her world now. It was hard at first but the staff helped me understand how to be with her and love her where she is at. That helped. She is safe and cared for and what is interesting to me is all the people with Alzheimer's seemed to understand each other. It's like they up have their own language and the rest of us are just visitors to their world for a few minutes. I'm okay. Dads okay. She's okay. We all seem to be okay.

I love the banana dog Marcher!! And the cake!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Good morning peeps, it's cold and windy here, so I hope it's hot and still where you are. Have a good sober weekend.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Marcher

Toots, my mind was going in all kinds of daft directions when I heard you were going to the "heillens for a digital cleanse"!!! So many ways to interpret that.... I'll miss you next week.
I'm going to vacation in Florida. Leaving Sunday, home following Saturday. This is an old haunt for me, as it is the place source of my addiction. I know there will be triggers for me, and my AV will be whispering and flirting with me. My H will be there for support, but he said I can definitely bring the laptop to check in with SR. It should be a relaxing week otherwise. I know many of you have faced tough situations and come through. That makes me feel better, using your strength for myself this week. I really think I'll be fine, but I have a plan anyway. I'm taking a journal with a list of all the positives about sobriety. I'm avoiding a certain place that could be tempting. There is a gym at the Hotel. I've got an 800- crisis line to NA, in case of emergency. Any other suggestion?, I'm open to anything that's worked for any of you. Thanks!
Old 07-05-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by joygirl View Post
I'm open to anything that's worked for any of you. Thanks!
Sheer bloody-mindedness should not be underestimated
Old 07-05-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

I vote hit the hotel spa at every opportunity Joy! Hang by pool and let handsome cabana boy bring you fresh pineapple smoothies all day. Have fun!!

I will miss you Toots!

Jeez Natty, stop sneaking up on us. You scared me.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Marcher

Is it possible to over-prepare for this? I really am determined to enjoy my time away, and to remember it all! I have the utmost of bloody mindedness now!
Oh, the boys at the beach! Eye candy all over the place! I hope Natty doesn't jump out and scare me at the beach!
Old 07-05-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure you'll be fine Joygirl - bon voyage

D
Old 07-05-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joygirl View Post
Oh, the boys at the beach! Eye candy all over the place! I hope Natty doesn't jump out and scare me at the beach!
Natty? Our favorite misogynist who scares us by popping in unexpectedly? Eye candy? Hmmmmmmm. Joy, my dear, I think you were out in the sun too long today

Ah well, I don't think we can be over-prepared to avoid the AV.

hugs,
sass
Old 07-05-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Marcher

I don't know if Natty is eye candy or not, but he better be looking good if he shows up. He better have a pineapple smoothie for me too.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:21 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Sass, I have to keep telling you, Natty is not a mysogynist, he doesn't particularly hate women; he hates all people the same!!!! As for being handsome, I have it on very good authority that he is absolutely gorgeous! Ok, so he actually told me that himself, but even so......

Joygirl relax, have a wonderful time, I hope in your journal you have put all the fantastic memories that you have now of the things you have done with hubby and the kids sober. One good way to keep on the right path is to look back at your early posts, remind yourself how bad things were.

Well folks Emma Wah tae the Heilans . ( Trans: I'm away to the Highlands!) be kind to yourselves, be strong , be sober, love you all
Old 07-06-2013, 01:12 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Hi peeps, I just raced over for a check-in because I had a fright from AV.

I am making making dinner and all of a sudden AV popped in my head and said quite distinctly, "It's four months on Tuesday, there's nothing wrong with you you can moderate, have a drink tonight." It scared the .... out of me because I've hardly heard from AV for weeks, now he's going on and on. I'm riding through it and I'm not giving in but I thought this sort of mental talk was over. Seems it's not. There was nothing to bring this on, it's a quiet Saturday night at home and I've had a good day.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Marcher, that is the only argument AV has left and he knows it, which is why he will try and catch you unawares. Go read some of your early posts, remind yourself of what brought you to SR. And slap that irritable little squit back down!
Be strong. Xx
Old 07-06-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thinking and doing are different things Marcher - you did well

D
Old 07-06-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Dees right. If I acted on every thought that popped in my head...well, I'd be in jail, mental hospital, or a reality tv show. None of which sound very appealing.

I have to watch out for the I don't give a sh*t feeling more than I deserve to have a drink. Probably just a remnant of feeling I'm not worth anything good in my life. It comes to me more in a feeling of wanting to just shut down more than anything. Doesn't happen often but enough to keep me on my toes. I just try to keep it simple and tell myself there are one of two roads I can go down and I know darn well where one of them will take me. So I just give it a minute and ask myself which life do I want. Because tomorrow will come regardless and I get one of the only 2 choices. A really bad one or a really good one. There are no other alternatives no matter how much I wish there were.

There are a lot of things I wish were different if I think about it too much and not a one of them are things I can really change. So what if I'm one of those people who can't drink. I'll live. I don't know if I'm one of those who thinks its a disease or not and it doesn't matter to me anyway since if it is at least it's one that all I got to do is just not drink to not have it.

So a little wire in your head sparked Marcher. Just a little circuit bleep. Right up there with when you want to slap someone as they are talking to you but you don't do that either because you know where that will lead...probably would get my a** kicked along with me looking like a mean person. I don't want that either.

Good job seeing it for what it really is. Just a dumb thought. File it away with all of our other dumb thoughts. I have a whole file cabinet for those. I marked it the WTF cabinet and just like my computer trash bin, I hit the empty trash button when it gets more than 2 in it. I like a clean trash can. They start stinking and attracting flies if they get too full.