Notices

A New Day (Munchkin's Thread) Part 3

Old 07-02-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

hhhhmm, oooh. Gotta keep that in mind for our seal a meal. I mean its only 3 yrs old. Our rice cooker and slow cooker is massively dented up, the top broke, the rice cooker goes on and off, the cord is falling apart, etc etc. Its seen a LOT of use since we eat rice a lot. (got spoiled with a rice cooker in Hawaii)
I would never think to ask on that thing since its so worn and torn. But our seal a meal is relatively new.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi Ladies,
We went to the farmers market today for the first time in a while. It was a beautiful afternoon. Some early tomatoes where there, as well as green beans.

This morning our yoga instructor did guided imagery......I almost fell asleep. I've borrowed several yoga dvd's from the library. Our instructor suggested I just watch them first, to see if I like them. That's a good idea....especially since the cover of one DVD is a position I don't think I could ever manage!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Sounds really nice Pond! We went to the farmers market last weekend mostly to see the spice guy there but picked up some other nice stuff too.
And the yoga sounds even better!

Lately, actually beginning of this week I've been so out of it. Don't know what is up.
Case in point, this morning I completely forgot my sons water for his field trip. I completely forgot to put the cooler packs in the cooler outside because today is milk delivery day.
Yesterday, for the second time, I have lost my bluetooth for my phone. I'm willing to bet I lost this one the same way as the last one.
Somehow it fell out of the zippered spot in my purse, landed in the parking lot here at work and someone probably picked it up and walked away with it.
GRRRRRRR.
Very frustrating.

Oh and today I found out I will be ticketing, yet another group.
I think this agent did that on purpose because I was pestering her yesterday non stop to get another group on over to me so I can ticket them.

We're going camping this weekend. I'm actually taking off on Friday, and of course, have Thursday off so it'll be a long weekend for me.
Really need it I think.
I need to take a break and get away from all this nonsense.
We're going to go tubing, berry picking, hiking, and I plan to bring my weaving which I'll work on. Working on a homespun blanket for camping.
Well I don't really have that much else to say, have still a bit more to do so gotta run.
Still here, still sober.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Have a nice time camping....berry picking and tubing.....quintessential summer activities

Supposed to rain here on the 4th and I'm looking forward to a quiet, lazy day. I'm reading a book, so might finish it.

Happy July 4th to both you ladies!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:48 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Munchkin: Me and my last husband used to do a lot of camping in WI, Door County. I enjoyed it, but I like my comforts of home now. If I want anything to do with the outdoors now. I just walk out my backdoor and walk to the woods behind us. We also have a spot where we have a campfire too.

We live on two acres here and we don't have close neighbors. We also have the freedom of doing what we want to on our property. Jethro has lived here way longer than I have. He is grandfather claused in here. So the county or city can't tell us what to do and not to do here. Which is wonderful! Just like with us enclosing this porch as an entertainment room. We didn't have to pay the county money to get a permit to do it. And we are no longer taxed either on anything here. Due to my 100% DAV. We actually have enough property here if we wanted to pitch a tent on the back forty? It would be considered "camping out"! I posted a picture of the front of our place on the HH.

Pond: Hope things are going better with your daughter? I know first hand that's a tough situation to go thru. But don't let her hold your feet to the fire on it being all your fault. Even if you weren't drinking! We all make mistakes of some sort. Just be your loving self today and let her know you aren't that person anymore. You'd like for her to get to know the YOU today.

My nephew is putting my younger sister thru hell again too. I've posted about it on the HH. Not going to repeat it here. He'll be 17 in a few months. It's just sad the way the younger generation put's so many parents thru pure hell now. He has said some nasty things too about my sister's family, which includes myself! I'll be having a talk with that boy next chance I get. He's never treated me badly and has always been honest with me. So I'm going to nail his ass to the wall. He's always had respect for me and the fact I've been in the Army for 22 years. So I've been able to talk to him, unlike his mother and father. And he won't dare to lay a hand on me like he has with his parents. If he ever did? He'd find out what the long end of a broom is. I'd beat him with it. That is if Jethro didn't get to him first.

Y'all have a good weekend! Jethro doesn't go back to work until Tuesday! Hopefully his anal mother doesn't keep him at her house the entire five days off. That's one woman I avoid at all costs. She calls me: "That TOD person". Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

TOD
Old 07-08-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Sigh.
Here at work today. Kind of looking forward to this week because I have some good things coming up.
Going to tell my allergist on Wednesday afternoon that he can take his treatment plan and shove it. He told the immunization clinic that I was now on a schedule with this new vial 2 shots per week and then after that, once a week. There is NO WAY I can do that.
I've told them that and now gotta tell the allergist that, plus when I move I won't have to worry about that crap anyways.
Next, getting my hair done on Wednesday afternoon. Kind of worried that hubby will not be able to pick up DS and that he'll suddenly tell me. On Wednesday afternoon.
He's done that to me a lot.
My hair is SO GREY! Ugghh.
Next, Thursday.
Here's the biggies.
Schedule is 745a, metabolic testing, blood testing, whole body work up, gotta bring workout shorts and everything. They are starting me on a weight loss program that I volunteered for at the Army clinic. I am trying to lose my stubborn 10-15 pounds. (depends on the day. Today I stepped on the scale and groaned. It seems during my weekend of camping I gained 3 pounds. Hoping its water weight and extra muscle added?)
Next, 10a I have an appointment with my therapist. Next 11a, have an appointment to kind of follow up on my right ear. I have tinitus in it non stop and that is the one that I had the ear infection in when we went to Williamsburg.
Next, 3pm dentist appt. All between that I will be also going to the gym and taking it a bit easy.
Really looking forward to Thursday.

Camping was lots of fun this past weekend. Believe it or not, DH & I both registered LOTS OF SLEEP 10.5 hours of it from what our bodymedia armbands tell us.
DH said that had to be "impossible"
I don't think so. We tend to sleep very well, better actually, out there when we're camping then we do at home.

Went on a tiny hike, only about 2 miles which was kind of disapointing but it was too friggin hot out to do much. THANK GOD we had A/C in the camper!
Went berry picking but the berries were not quite ripe yet. Oh well the berries were free anyways. We got about one cup. I told DH I'll make triple berry jam with them later on.
Went tubing. A LOT. Each time we would go down the creek and then have to do the 1/2 mile walk back up the road next to the creek. Armband was not registering that of course so my steps were probably a bit higher than I got credit for. DS had loads of fun with that which was fun to watch.

I don't know if it was from the creek or camping and hiking or whatever but I have a slight rash on my arms and chest. Not like poison ivy. I'm thinking it might just be from the heat and sun. I'm itchy all over.
Had some pretty awesome meals. Quail with apple cranberry chutney, biscuits, fresh corn.
Pheasants with Indian Peach chutney, roasted potatoes, beets and beet greens.

Next week we head out to Ocean City (I hope, DH's leave has still yet to be approved)
DS loves that place there. Water slides, a water park, pools, putt putt, and the beach.

I have noticed something though that worries me.
DH is really gaining weight lately. It looks like he's put on at least another 10 pounds.
It seems as I lose weight (slowly) he gains weight.
He's very stocky and 5'9 so when he gains more than 10 to 15 pounds it really shows.
From what he's told me a few weeks ago, he's actually gained about 20 pounds or so the past few months.
That would put him about (now) 45 pounds overweight.
Not certain if its stress or what.

TOD I WISH I had two acres! I barely have a quarter and its most definitely not mine.
I'm just "borrowing" it for now.

We're really hoping we find something with a bit of acreage in Alaska. At least two acres would be nice.
We want to have chickens. And rabbits.
And a goat. Well I want a goat. Or two. Make goat milk soap.
Can't find that around here as easily.
Wish I could see what was in our future.

Well, whatever. Got other junk to get done today. And I've gone on long enough here.
Still here, still sober.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Oh and btw, just got up to go wash my dishes in the bathroom.
OUCH!
MY LEGS ARE SORE!
MY BUTT IS SORE!
MY HAMSTRINGS ARE SORE!
MY HIPS ARE SORE!!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Maybe you're sore from all the trips up the road when you went tubing The food sounds delicious, did you cook it, or eat out?

Weight is so maddening....sure goes on faster than it comes off! I'd hoped to lose some weight this summer, but have actually gained a few pounds. Maybe I eat less when I'm at work? Not sure about that, because other years it's been the opposite.

Tomorrow is my last yoga class in this session. There is a one week break, then it restarts. I like taking it in the morning and won't be able to once school starts. It certainly has been relaxing.

I'm glad you've been enjoying your camping so much.....you looked forward to it all winter
Old 07-09-2013, 02:10 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Munchkin: Could the itching/rash be from little bugs snacking on you? Get you some Mechanic's Orange Hand Scrub with the Pumice in it. Use that to wash the areas. It should help get rid of the problem. And it will leave your skin supper smooth.

Hubby could be gaining weight due to stress over the arrival of retiring and no income for awhile. It sounds too like his unit is getting every last ounce of work out of him before he leaves. Hopefully after y'all arrive at your next distination y'all will have a calmer life and relationship.

As for the aches and strains. If you were paddling with arms and legs in the creek. This is probably why you are sore.

I love our two acres. But damn it's a lot of work for two old folks with all these aches and pains we have. Jethro bought a fence pole puller and got all the poles raised to an inch off the ground. Now he can buzz thru there with the weed eater. And of course! Once my sister's BF found out we had one? It's now at their house. LOL

Jethro also fixed our truck's A/C yesterday. It was the older system so he had to change it over to the new system. It's nice to finally have A/C in it again. Especially in this heat we are getting.

Pond: During the summer we always gain more weight from our bodies retaining water. Have you noticed your rings are now tighter on your fingers? This is why. We'll all slim back down once the weather gets cooler again. July has finally arrived here in Arkansas. As well as the HOT heat and humidity. It's weather that you can't hardly breathe in and you instantly get a sheen of sweat on your skin before you really start sweating. Yuck!

Our county just got put under a burn ban today. The grass is starting to show the lack of rain too. I try to keep the back watered so the grass stays nice and green for my "kids" to have some to eat. OMG! I'm glad I typed that! I just remembered I had turned the water on to spray the grass seeds I planted. That means it's been on for hours now. Our water bill ought to be a doozy next month. Well! I won't have to water them for at least a week now. ARGH!

I too need to make an appointment to get my hair done and soon. I colored it myself last month w/o the highlights. My hairdresser said I looked, Golden on top, when I went in to get my bangs trimmed. Ha Ha Ha I guess I was wearing a golden halo!

Okay! I better get my dishes washed. Already got the three crates cleaned. Just got to get Molly put in hers. Maria is in bed with Jethro! His Lil Punkin as he likes to call her. She's a spoiled little one pound feathered butt if you ask me. LOL I've typed all sorts of stories about her on the HH Thread.

TOD
Old 07-09-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Today feeling better, not as sore which is nice. Lost a lb too. I'm thinking a good portion of what I gained was just water. I was non stop wanting salty snacks while we were out there which I told hubby I thought was because I was dehydrated. My body was craving the salt since I was losing so much of it. I've heard/read that when your body becomes or starts to become dehydrated it tries on purpose to retain water to get you through the "drought".

Been super hot and humid here lately. When I went to go pick up my munchkin from daycare last night there was a good sized thunderstorm that at first looked like it was going to hit us. It ended up vearing off towards the south instead, much to our disapointment.
Our garden needs the rain. Everything is getting so big.
Oh and one of our Black Swallowtail caterpillars hatched into a butterfly. We released it back out into the wild. DS told me as he released it that "she's tickley" with a smile on his face.
One down. 5 left to go.
Oh and we "adopted" yet another caterpillar. This one is fuzzy and likes kale so I gotta look it up for DS today to let him know what kind it is.
I told him last night, no, no more caterpillars, especially because this one likes kale.
He then reminded me with puppy dog eyes "mama, we have lots of kale, you've said so yourself. Can we please keep him???? PLEASE? I'll feed him everyday"
Yeah, I've heard that before.
Immediately afterwards he asked me from the living room "Can you look him up Mama so that we can know what he is???"
Okay so that and finding ways of preserving Kale is my mission today.

Oh we cooked it pond! We have a guy we like to go to at the farmers market her who specializes in small game birds like pheasant, quail and pasture raised chickens.
The preserves were from our own larder, apple cranberry chutney from last year, Indian peach from the year before that. Just threw them into the dutch oven, threw it on the fire, let it cook for about an hour.
I've gotten pretty good at cooking over a fire. Just keep yelling at DH that things need to be mise en place before the cooking commences. Otherwise we're running back and forth in the camper, out of the camper, letting in flies, bacon is burning, where are the plates, yada yada. Too chaotic like that. We have a new camp table so as we're getting close to breakfast or dinner time I set out everything, plates, silverware, cooking utensils, food so its right there. He has yet see the light and listen to me on that though.

TOD,
Just got a heads up on FB from a weather guru called Wxrisk (look it up, very interesting) he takes a different spin on the weather and is usually more accurate than the tv forecasters. He was warning our area that we're possibly looking at a wetter and wilder summer this year with a lot more hurricane activity.
We've got another tropical storm heading up to FL right in the path that they typically take up to us here in MD.

Yesterday got our new pressure cooker that goes up to 15PSI. Nice! Very big! And got our new rice cooker. Much bigger and nicer than our old one (of 15+ years that is all dented up and doesn't always work!)
Next to replace. Slow cooker/crock pot & seal a meal. (the seal a meal I'm going to try and take your advice TOD and see if I cannot get the company to send a replacement however I've heard really bad things about the customer service for that company!)

So here, I have to some.
Yesterday the post here closed one of the gates to come on and off post. This caused a lot of traffic to back up. They finally opened it because traffic got so bad and someone got road rage and caused an accident.
Now, really? Getting that upset because you are late for work?
God forbid something even worse happens. Like transpotation lines break down which would cause lack of food or gas.
Or a hurricane (a bad one) hits. Jeez!

So this is what gets me about this though.
A while ago, the sequestration goes through. Govt (big govt) announces need to make cuts.
The FAA announces it will have to furlough some of its employees which will cause delays in air travel.
It takes affect, people cry, moan and complain.
The FAA announces "nevermind, business as usual. We won't make the cuts. Okay, so no money hacked there.
USDA was supposed to get hit. Never happened because the cattle ranchers, dairy farmers associations threw a fit, and it would've hit American consumers because there would've been slight delays in meat and dairy products getting to market.
Okay, so no money hacked there.
It goes on and on. The govt announces they're cutting costs or trying to and then people cry and moan because it's just not the same now.
God forbid they have to make cuts to the EBT cards! I can only imagine the effect of that!
Just got word that the NG is being furloughed as well. Betcha won't hear much about that in the news.
I just wonder. Govt trying to make spending cuts, totally unsuccessfully, national debt going up and up and up.
More people than ever before on Food assistance programs. So gotta cut some more to make room for that. Gotta add more social programs to help those in need because they've been laid off or reduced hours.
Just a downward spin. Just scary to me. DH & I are both kind of worried about it.
And we're moving right in the middle of this stuff. Keeping my fingers crossed that DH gets some job with a oil or gas company in Alaska. That would be a good thing. I can't see oil or gas losing out anytime soon.

Well I've gone on for way too long today.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Well remember yesterday I said that getting a new crockpot/slowcooker was next?
Well got it! For $25! Normally $59
I used my rewards from an account where I do online surveys, redeemed a coupon, then went to Best Buy and purchased a brand new one.
So, nice thing is. We get to where ever we are getting to, we have no money but hey, at least we have food, some appliances that work and will most likely NOT break down anytime soon.

Oh yay for me. Lost another pound. Getting right back to my 156. something or another to 155. something or another.
Now if I could get to 150!
Tomorrow I'm off and super happy. Gives me some time to get stuff done.
However, I'm angry at my dentist. They canceled on me and I have no clue where I'm going to be able to schedule an appointment in at.
I'm doing my best NOT to use any vacation time for stuff like that.
So hard to believe now that all I have left here at this job is TWO FULL MONTHS.
Was telling hubby that, and on top of that, we have THREE WHOLE MONTHS left in this house. Scary!

Well, I will finish this post with some uplifting happy things. Got a lot of watermelons obviously growing in the backyard. Nice. Piel de sapo melons too.
Lots of tomatoes. Lots of hot peppers. Lots of eggplants. Lots of sunchokes.
Herbs are doing well.
Made kind of a friend with my sons best bud. His Dad came over and DH and I were out front looking at the plants when he told us him and his wife also have a garden. Nice.
We started chatting about canning and he admitted him and his wife really want to learn how to do it.
I invited them over for a canning party.
The neighbor admitted he really wants to learn how (or actually more correctly he wants his WIFE to learn how) to make jams and jellies.
I groaned and told him that is actually my least favorite thing to make because I never actually "officially" learned how to do this. I don't know the mechanics of how a jelly gels other than you need pectin which normally makes like a jelly. (hence if you use apples or cranberries you get a nice thick jam without lots of store bought pectin)
I just follow a recipe and hope it works. If it doesn't firm up or gel then I add more pectin (which means I probably go through my pectin than I should)
Plus jams & jellies are very time invasive. Lots of stirring, mixing.
Pickles, diced tomatoes, salsas are so easy and take me no more than an hour to complete.

So that was kind of neat.
Next, yet another caterpillar hatched and we had a lovely black swallowtail butterfly greeting my son this morning in his room.
We had to rush to get dressed so we could bring the lovely little thing outdoors this morning.
1 more down.
I still haven't figured out what kind of caterpillar that other one is.
Hhhmm.

Well whatever.
Still here, still sober.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Your camp fire cooked meals sound positively gourmet! I made and froze 12 cups of pesto, but haven't done much else.

Finished last class of yoga yesterday. We have a one week break and then resume. I'm going to take it twice a week, instead of once. I'll continue to take the morning beginners class and will add an evening class that is a bit more difficult. If the class is too hard, I can come an hour and a half earlier and take another beginners class. I want to transition to the evening class, since that is what I'll need to do once school starts. I'm really starting to get the hang of it.....it's a discipline.....both mentally and physically.

Mr. P and I walked this morning - felt like a sauna - very high humidity. It too heard the same thing about weather Munch....more hurricane activity. We're supposed to get a cool front coming through - yeah!

Climbed into and out of my pond several times yesterday working on my lilies. Think they aren't blooming much, due to lack to sun. I bought a new one yesterday and it bloomed this morning - a beautiful pink one
Old 07-10-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

The yoga sounds really nice pond, sounds like you're enjoying it.
Can you post a picture of the water lillies? Would love to see it.
HATE HATE HATE the humidity.
Can you believe my Mom actually said something NEGATIVE about the east coast?
She told me this past weekend "oh that's what I always hated about the east coast in the summer, the humidity!"
WOW!

Oh Mom is loving me totally. I bought used, both of the latter two hunger games books for her from Amazon. Had them sent over to her, she should get it later on next week hopefully. Between that and a Klutchclub box that she received, she's feeling great about it all.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I'll take pics of the water lily and post

Big improvement in our weather today...less humidity! Went to a baseball game to see hubby's grandchildren play - it was a beautiful evening. Feeling tired tonight...so better toddle off to bed now
Old 07-12-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

At work today. Didn't get EVERYthing I wanted to get done on my day off yesterday but got tons of dr appts.
Some future ones are going to have to be rescheduled. Came into work and looked at the calendar, 2 people off on the one day I have now two appointments for.
So anyways, ran to appt after appt, then ran home, had lunch, then ran to Salvation Army/Goodwill(can never seem to remember which one it is) turned in a donation.
Then ran and thoroughly treated myself, got a pedicure and my eyebrows done. Haven't had that in a while.
Next run to Wallyworld, turn in a waterproof camera to get the pictures processed, picked up two more cameras for our upcoming trip, a backpack that is kind of like a cooler that can be used when we're at the waterpark next week (so that we don't have to buy their food). We ride our bikes to the waterpark so its helpful to have some way I can carry all the food in a cool container.
Then got home and was just so thoroughly exhausted and overheated that I decided to skip the gym and just go to the pool. Only stayed for an hour but that hour was full bliss.
Nice cool water, hot sunny day. Layed out, read a magazine, and just ...chilled. Had my nice new aqua colored bikini on and for the first time in a while, I realized, I am starting to look pretty good in a bikini again. No where near perfect of course, still got my baby belly, need to lose some off my thighs, my tummy, but I'm looking a lot better.
My dermatologist would not be happy with me about the sun exposure but oh well.
Did wonders for my mood.
DH showed up and I noticed him at one point, when an officer he's worked with showed up, covering up his torso with a towel. He told me he didn't want to get sunburnt but I don't think that's quite it.
I think he noticed that "yup, he's gained weight" I noticed it now more than ever and was kind of shocked. I know he's somewhat stopped weighing himself since first he doesn't want to see what it says but he also knows I can tap into his record online and see it.
I noticed yesterday that he had eaten all the big bag of M&M's, some more of the peppermint patties and one whole full square of my Ritter sport chocolate. All in one night. I'm thinking that this is not just one single night of splurging either.
Sigh.
Good news is though, he got his orders. He told me today he's going to put his foot down with his unit. I'm not holding my breath.
He will put his foot down. Until they put their feet down and tell him "NO get right back here Sgt such and such"

We'll see what happens.
Oh, and last bit!
DH has announced he is throwing at our house a Birthday party-me/Retirment party-him for us on the 27th.
And you know what? I'm looking forward to it.
Yes, we will be serving beer and wine. But this lady here will not be partaking in that.
I'll be enjoying my perrier. With cranberry juice and lemon.
And maybe I can convince DH to make some virgin pina coladas? Or virgin bloody marys.

Oh dang, and Wednesday btw was Month 19 for me.

Still here, still sober.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Just for you Munch Hope you have a great week end! Your aqua bikini sounds HOT
Old 07-15-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Happy Monday!!!!!
Well no, not really. LOL
But the good news? Its a short week for me.
I work today and then head off on vacation for the next week to Ocean City, MD.
We're staying at a private campground that DS loves. Water park inside, cowboys & indians in a live show, ocean right nearby. Only negative is this place is pretty chaotic, full of families of all ages, staying up till 11p+, rolling around in their golf carts, yada yada yada.
All good though, this one and the other one in PA are for DS so that he can have some fond memories of camping on the East coast.

Kind of had a shock yesterday.
Last year in OC I bought a sort of sundress/evening dress (I wouldn't really call it an "evening gown"). First it was a big morale boost to EVEN buy something like this because I've never owned a dress like this. Shimmery, low cut halter style, very summery and kind of dressy and rather sexy.
Here's a part from the original post last year:
Something rather cool though. We were shopping on Wednesday on the boardwalk in Ocean City and I started to admire a sexy kind of sundress. Very low cut and kind of roman style with blue and gold patterns throughout it.
One of the store reps came up to me and asked if I would like to try it on in. When I answered "sure" she told me in an Eastern European accent "We have many sizes, which size do you want?" When I looked at her like "huh" (all because I couldn't understand her accent) she looked me up and down and said "I think you....small"
First thought was "yeah lady, you say that to all the customers here to get higher sales" but I took the small she offered and asked for a LARGE size in this dress as well.
Tried on the large first and the other representative from the store checked the fit on the dress and told me in an Indian accent "too big, dress too big on the chest, on ribs" and then she told me to try on the small dress.
Well I did. Indian lady/rep came back and checked the fit on the very lovely sundress and lo and behold. It fit.
I actually now fit into a small, sexy sundress, perfect for a night out or evening function. Wow. Really. Wow.
Big ego boost there.
Well, lo and behold, I tried it on yesterday because hubby asked if I was EVER going to wear it because he was afraid I wouldn't fit into it much longer, I've been losing a lot of inches (per him)
It is LOOSE!
Especially in the chest!
Very exciting!

Oh had a WONDERFUL Saturday with my guys.
I have to post this here because I don't want to forget this past Saturday.
We had movie tickets to Despicable Me 2 3D. 1010a showing.
Had a quickie breakfast, then ran off to the movies. We first went to BJ's to kill some time since we got in the area an hour early.
Lots of fun there, DS thoroughly enjoyed that. Cute movie.
Next went out to lunch at Sakura. We were going to go to Red Lobster but Sakura won. Very nice, only bad thing about it was we were still kind of full of popcorn, soda and candy from the movies so we didn't enjoy the food just as much.
Next, DS told hubby and I, well no, complained more than told, that we never bring him to ToysRus. So I turned off at ToysRus just so he could never say that again. Because it was kind of the truth. LOL
He bought a new lego set that I think he's already lost the pieces too (thankfully it was on sale for about $13)
Then we bought for DS something I've been wanting to get him for a while. A telescope and microscope. Just a kids one simply because I didn't want to invest in something really nice that he might break.
Then we ran to Aldi's, had a coupon, buy $30 worth of groceries, get $5 off.
Stocked up on canned goods that the military WILL ship since they won't ship our stuff but they will ship store bought canned goods.

All in all, a very good day. DS asked me near the end of the day, what was my favorite part. I thought about it a bit and answered "being with the two of them was my favorite part"

Still here, still sober.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Here, here here.
Long time no talk I know. Since Tuesday we were in OC. I must say, I'm glad to be home. It was simply too hot, too humid. It was fun, DS had lots of fun but the heat really took a lot out of DH & I.
We're still trying to get rehydrated from the constant dehydration we both had problems with. I could only imagine how bad it would be if I had been drinking. Yes, this was a family campground/resort where drinking is allowed. DH was tempted to buy a six pack of beer, which I told him i he wants it he can have it, its not going to tweek me any. In the end he didn't get it.
I think he still feels uneasy drinking in front of me.
I did order a super big frozen strawberry virgin margarita at the waterpark which was nice. The three of us shared it to cool down a bit.
Our poor AC in our camper just barely kept up.
So got home, found we had a new occupant and there was obviously a battle in our back yard.
New occupant is/was a groundhog. Victim of the battle; a rat.
Groundhog 1: Rat 0 Rat was in the lettuce bed, decomposing. EWWWWWWW.
Now DH got really angry at Mr Groundhog though (as did I) because he had been merrily eating all our plants, so DH got his new pellet gun when he spotted him wandering around hungrily and shot him. I finished the job (hopefully) by drowning him in his hole.
Yes, sounds vicious and mean, but the way we figured is it was him or our entire garden. He had already stripped all the lower leaves of my sweet potatoes off; eaten quite a bit of kale; tomatoes; eggplant. If we had let him live we would've not had much left.
By the sound of it he was also preying on my neighbors garden across the way. She told me right before we left that she had noticed things eaten and a groundhog in her front yard.
So anyways, busy day here at home today. Laundry, 2 loads. gardening, house cleaning, went a quickie shopping at Wallyworld, putting stuff away, and most of all, doing the prelim work on getting the house in order for the party next weekend. More on that later.
Well gonna run. Late, 911p. Watching DH play The Last of Us.
He's almost done the game.
Still here & still sober.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hhhhmm, what to talk about today.
I'm at work. Counter/DTS person today. Not much really going on other than my Almond milk that we brought with us when we were camping has obviously gone bad. I poured it on my cereal today and it was the consistency of loose pudding. Ewwww.
Had a few bites and then decided it wasn't worth it so I tossed it down the toilet. Instead now breakfast is a free Rise bar that I earned with my armband.

I'm so stiff today. Arms, my left wrist, my legs. Hurting all over.
DH and I both have been complaining that we feel bloated and dehydrated. Our feet are all pufffy, my rings were tight there for a while. Just now they are finally getting back to their normal looseness.

Its funny. I'm working reservations today that have travel dates in September. Hard to believe that by the time the person travels on that I will have approximately one month left here at work which will be a relief.
I will have made it through this hell. I've had some jobs where just one or two individuals were troublesome.
I've had some offices that were kind of tough to deal with but nothing, nothing ever, like this place.

Well whatever. I have work to do. Lots on queue to work on. Schedule changes, fun fun.

Still here & still sober.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

aaaahhh, life in the Army. Once again, DH's unit has told him he needs to reschedule his leave because he is going on yet again, another TDY right during the time when we were booked and paid for up in Jellystone park in PA.
GRRRRRR
So now I have to jump through hoops trying to move things around.
Keep your fingers crossed that I get approved for vacation and I can get the space at Yogi Bear.

I actually had a moment when the full bottle of unopened vodka that is sitting in the wine cabinet actually looked good. Just for a moment.

I walked away however chastising myself and saying "thats silly". Why give up almost 20 months of sobriety just for this moment when I'm all pissed off, I'm pissed off at my husband. I'm pissed off at his work.
I'm pissed off at the situation that once again we find ourselves in. It is getting old dealing with this.
Well whatever.

Yes, still here still sober.