Notices

A New Day (Munchkin's Thread) Part 3

Old 06-13-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I understand your desire to keep SR private at work. I never go on while at school for that reason. Yes Whiners is a thread under Cafe Central....think it's titled " Summer time and the whining is easy"....or something like that. It's a great thread, we complain, laugh and support each other

My mother doesn't want to change what bothers her ( mostly my Dad ) in life either. I don't live in the same town, and my sister thinks it's easier for me....not sure if that is so, or not.

Yoga....well....my thighs still hurt from Tuesday's class. It isn't a "good" type of hurt either - painful I took an Aleve tonight and applied some muscle rub. I'm going to discuss with the instructor next week. I read on line, there are many injuries in yoga classes.....so I will be careful to not over do. I thought about dropping into a Zumba class tonight, but didn't since I'm still sore. Did my daily walk though - that always feels good
Old 06-14-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hhhm, I'll check it out sometime today then!
I know for a fact its easier for me when I'm not around my Mom. I get massively stressed (even during my drinking days) when my Mom is around because it is NON STOP "honey, don't you think you should start dinner?", "honey, I really think you should clean up your bathrooms now as I found a tiny bit of pee near the seat. DS must've missed", "honey, I noticed your dishwasher needs emptying" etc etc etc.
All of this USUALLY just as I've come home from work, need to sit and take a break, and BREATHE.
When my Dad usually speaks up for me and says "Let her have a break!", my Mom usually responds "mothers do not get breaks. We work and work and work. She's a Mom she knows this. She's not allowed breaks"
Sick.
And very very sad.

I've noticed something through my Mom's griping that just kind of came to me recently.
All my aunts, all my cousins, those of us who do not drink excessively (or just don't drink anymore) have one thing in common.
We can't seem to relax. We're all very high strung.
My Mom says her sister, my Aunt is like this. Always going. Always has SOMETHING she is working on.
My cousin (many of us believe) is an anexoric (sp?)
Only one who kind of seems "exempt" is one of my Mothers other sisters who oddly enough is described by my Mom as "lazy" because of her housekeeping.
And yet, other than a tendency to go overboard within the church and her desire to be one with Christ she doesn't really seem like she is over stressed or whatever.
(nothing against religion, I just think my Aunt goes a bit overboard. To each their own though)
Today I have massive cravings for coca cola and chocolate.
Woke up with it. Don't know if that is because I woke up at 3am not being able to sleep.
I'm rereading Wild: Lost to Found on the PCT by Cheryl Strayed.
Kind of a good book dealing with addiction.
Her DOC seemed to be heroin but she wasn't addicted for very long.
I would love to walk the AT or the PCT once in my lifetime. Just to say "I DID THAT"
Guess I'll put that on my bucket list.

Gotta run. Got work to do.
Still here, still sober.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

What is the AT and PCT? I'm guessing it's some beautiful place to walk / hike? I'd love it too

We took one of our dogs to the vet this morning. She has a pinched nerve in her neck - poor girl She got a steroid injections and some prescriptions. I hope she gets relief soon - she is too sweet to be in pain.

Having family over for Father's Day tomorrow. I'm making barbecue in the crock pot, fresh fruit platter, p. chips, and cole slaw. I'm making a home made coca cola cake and serving it with ice cream The weather is to be on the cool side, but the grandkids never seem to think it's too cold to swim.

I hope my attention span / interest, improves, so I can read again....just haven't been into reading lately Hoping you enjoy your week end with your family.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:08 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Gotta be quick. On mini vacation to Williamsburg. Busch Gardens & Water country.
AT=Appalachian Trail PCT=Pacific Crest Trail.
Very tough and physically and mentally trying but supposedly very rewarding.
Tired tired tired.
4hr drive turned into 7 hrs thanks to horrid traffic on I95
YUCK DH wants dinner at Texas Roadhouse (i think that's what its called)
I'm in the mood for sweet iced tea and texas toast. Not so much for steak though.
still here still sober, tired and lounging on our bed in our hotel room, yawning.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Lived in Williamsburg for a couple of years - probably already told you that before. I remember your trip there last year, with your folks....hoping you had a good time.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:26 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Ladies! Haven't forgotten you two!

Hope all is well with y'all? Keep the faith there are good times amongst those bad times!

TOD
Old 06-17-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hey TOD How're you doing? Nice to hear from you.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I'm doing a whole lot better today than I was 109 days ago! It was my birthday and that was the day I started withdrawing off the opiates, back in Feb. I have many posts and stories out there. Too much to retype here! Just follow my Thread to read the first one when I started all of this.

I've got tons of other posts on the Hen House Thread too! LOL Chicken Momma here is back in her Hen House and ppl start wondering where I'm at if I stray for too long from there.

I see Munchkin is still writing stories/books and is still camping.

I wish you two lots of great days and I'm still hanging around here. Just look under the substance abuse area for the Hen House to see what I'm doing.

TOD
Old 06-18-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good to hear you're feeling well TOD. I checked out HH the other night, and was surprised how many "whiners" post there too! I must get with the program

Home from my second week of yoga. The class was small today, so we did even more stuff. I imagine I'll be sore later, as it seems to "wake up" muscles I haven't heard from in a while.

I've got a small patch of poison ivy again I'm just so darn sensitive to it and love to garden. We're going to tackle this area within the next week to eradicate it.

Munch, hoping work is ok. Still here. Still sober.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

What? You didn't know we crawl across the pages to talk with each other! LOL

Put some Hemorrhoid cream on that poison ivy. It will get rid of it for ya. I always use the Cool Gel stuff. Knocks it out in a day!

TOD
Old 06-18-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

LOL Haven't gone back to work yet. Tomorrow I do. YUCK!
Oh and double yuck for your poison ivy!!!
I gotta go check out your thread TOD!
Well a lot happened between my last post and today.
Saturday night, went to dinner. Tired tired tired.
Got back to the hotel room, went to bed when suddenly woke up at 10 something or another with shooting stabbing pains in my right ear. This lasted ALL NIGHT LONG.
By 430am I succumbed and we went to the ER in Yorktown VA.
Turns out it was an ear infection. Bad one.
So Watercountry was OUT. No water rides for me so we ended up staying at the hotel, all day long. It was bad in a way because we were just stuck at the hotel, me sleeping part of the time (they gave me a shot of toradol in the rear end which knocked me on my rear end!) and then after lunch DH took a nap too (since he was up with me part the night)
But good news! We DID GO TO BUSCH GARDENS! That was the highlight of the trip anyways.
Had a really great time there. In fact now, I cannot even describe how different this trip was for me from all other times before.
There was none of the craving for beer in Das Festhaus. Hell, there was a food & wine festival going on (This type of deal would've been RIGHT UP MY ALLEY in the old days) and yet, I was just relaxed. I so felt in the moment, enjoying each minute of it.
It was just a tad bit rainy so there were almost no crowds, no lines. I rode Alpengeist all by myself. No one else on the train with me (which creeped me out a bit)
My son RODE VERBOLTEN! Very exciting there!
DS finally got to get his face painted with a dragon spewing flames.
We all ate lots of popcorn, cotton candy, whoopie pies, fudge, lemonade, and candy apples.
I think this was one of the most memorable trips I have ever had there and I am so happy I was sober because every single part of it was so precious.
Its now at the end of the day, DS & DH are arguing about what DS should read tonight before going to bed (asked for a break on Harry Potter, just for tonight). The housework is almost all done, most of the way.
I go back to work tomorrow, DH has off which he will use to start applying for jobs. I'm so grateful that I am here, I am so grateful I am sober.
However I am soooo not looking forward to work. YUCK.

Still here, still sober.
Attached Images
Old 06-19-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

At work today.
Yuck.
Been told I have to help out another office this afternoon.
Double

Oh well, it is what it is.
Hey, at leasts it's a paycheck.

Well DH is off today, supposed to be working on getting a job. Putting his resume out there, signing up for all the different online job companies. (monster, usajobs, etc)
He's been hinting at that he wants to go camping this weekend but I want to work on the Strawberry chocolate balsamic jam and I would REALLY LOVE to go cherry picking at the orchard.
Plus there are a few things I would like to catch up on around the house.

I figure we can always go camping the next weekend (even though we're going camping again the very next weekend after that)

Well, honestly, don't have really much to say at the moment. I'm here, I'm sober.
In a relatively good frame of mind.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Munch:

Let DH go camping. You stay home and do what YOU want to do. Let DS go with daddy. This will give you a FREE weekend all to yourself! And the guys a weekend to themselves.

When is DH retiring? I know you probably told me already, but I forgot! Maybe he's just trying to get in all the camping he can right now while the funds are there to use for recreational time. Or it could be a way for him to runaway from the things he's avoided for so long too. J O B hunting!!!! Gently scoot him and DS out the door! He'll still get to go camping and you can still get your - Ummmmmm whatever it is you are making, done! LOL

TOD
Old 06-19-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

The summer after my sophomore year of college, I took some summer college classes in Willamsburg and lived right next door to Busch Gardens Glad you had such an enjoyable time and were fully present......awesome

Went to school today and now feel ready for a nap....just imagine how tired I'll be when the school year starts - LOL!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:39 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Nah, I would never want to do that because I enjoy camping just as much (or sometimes if not more) than DH. Plus our cherry picking/strawberry picking expeditions are always our fun family time.
We pack a picnic lunch, drive out the 45 minute drive to the Orchard. Pick tons of cherries/blueberries, raspberries then lay out our picnic lunch.
This year I'll be drying a good portion of the cherries we'll be getting.

It was kind of funny last year when we went with Dad.
He was looking all over the place for where they did beer tastings because he wanted to drag us along. We, of course, already knew, there is no such thing any longer. Since BGW went more family friendly they don't have a area for that.
This year wine was EVERYWHERE. Every shop. Every corner. Liqueurs. Wine. Beer.
And yet even the desire for me was gone which left me feeling kind of weird and relieved because then I could just relax and enjoy myself rather than fighting with that stupid monster. Oh side note. My armband registered 20,536 steps which equates to about 10 to 11 miles that I walked.
WOW.

We're trying to figure out when we can fit in a Watercountry & Kings Dominion trip somewhere. I'm thinking we might almost have to do it over two weekends.
Kings Dominion in one weekend, Watercountry in a different weekend.

LOL Funny bit. Last night, we had plans to play DH's new game that he got for Fathers Day. Called the Last of Us.
As I'm putting DS to bed, DH announces he's going downstairs to wait for me. I asked him "how about you do some filing for me instead?"
He frowned and announced "don't really want to but sure"
Nice bit though. He did some of it. Looks better, less to do later on. Filing is the one chore that builds up fast and next thing we know it's become a massive job.

Last night I got home and got into a "cleaning & organizing bug"
Went through all of my sons new clothes, put them into their proper space bags with labels. Cleaned up the study some, shredded some paperwork. Checked on the garden. Cleaned out the trash can with bleach, yada yada yada.
You get the idea.
Don't know where the energy suddenly came from but next thing I know it's 6pm and son is growling because "HE'S HUNGRY!"

I like going to bed and knowing that many of the things are done around the house. Puts me in a good frame of mind.
Have a few more things to accomplish tonight, along with grocery shopping.
DS has a field trip to the Philadelphia zoo today which kind of makes me nervous being that he's so far away from us.

Well still here, still sober.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I need to clean out our trash cans......think I'll put that off for awhile! LOL

I've seen a few notices about local berry picking, but for some odd reason, I don't seem to be interested this year I love local fresh fruit....just don't feel energetic enough to make plans for picking it.

Well tomorrow marks one year, since I stopped drinking I remember it was summer solstice .....the longest day of the year.....and it sure felt like it that day! LOL!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Yay pond!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:48 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Pondlady!!!

TOD
Old 06-21-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

:day5ani:day7:day4

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POND!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Not much going on today for me other than I'm tired. I feel as if I'm fighting something off. I have a headache.
And I've noticed something kind of odd on my timesheet. I think I had overtime recently and yet now its gone. WEIRD.
I even mentioned it to the boss that I think I had OT.

Well whatever. Trying to get off early today. Don't know if it'll happen.
I could use some time away from this place.
This place is so dang vicious. And its funny.
It gets harder to deal with this place when you go on vacation and then come back.
If you stay here non stop then you almost become conditioned to the that goes on here.
4 more months left. That's all I've got. 4 more months.
I can do it. I hope.

Still here, still sober.