Notices

A New Day (Munchkin's Thread) Part 3

Old 06-03-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

A bit frustrated here today.
I'm at home because my DS is sick. Not really happy about calling in but it is what it is.
Started this morning with him having an accident on the floor on the way to the bathroom (no#2. YUCK! I thought I was done with the days of cleaning up poop off the floor!) Told DS that I'm a bit frustrated that I called in (thereby adding an occurance which I told him means Mama gets into trouble) but I then caught myself. My Mom used to make us feel kind of bad for when we were sick and she had to call in so I stopped myself and just told him "just remember this when you get older. Mama doesn't exactly like to call in because I get into trouble but I'm glad I can be here for you. I hope you do the same for your children in the future".
Yesterday, came home and as we were bringing everything in we realized the AC is no longer working. These houses are great for keeping heat in, even somewhat during the winter months so no good for us. We all slept in a 80+ degree house last night. DOUBLE YUCK.
Only positive today? Well, no there are a few. First, I get to spend the day with my kiddo, even though he's sick. He's also very lovey when he's sick so I get lots of cuddles when he's not feeling good.
Why is it that when DS is around me mostly he is so helpful, such a good boy. As soon as DH comes around DS turns very argumentative.
This morning even though DS wasn't feeling good, he started following me around the house (after I told him to lie down and just watch tv for a bit with a blankie) and started offering to help me as I put things away that I had packed in his backpack and my bag for work. I then threw in a wash (of all the things he had the accident on, thankfully he made it to the bathroom after breakfast), made myself breakfast, cleaned up the house some.
Still my moving around is limited because of how warm it is in the house. I have to call up our housing office and request a work order. Hopefully they can come out today.
One other positive today? I listed a while ago a tent, pretty big one, on Ebay that we used once.
The auction ends today and the best thing is a bidding war has started. I listed it for 150 and now it's at 182.50.
Pretty happy with that!
It ends in 3 hours so I can't wait to see how it ends.
Well gotta run. I am going to have to pick up some ginger ale for DS, thankfully we currently have chicken noodle soup from earlier when he got sick.
DS has told me recently he REALLY doesn't like to throw up and now he feels even worse for our cat when she used to get sick all the time near the end.
LOL
Still here and still sober.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear DS isn't feeling well Hope your AC is repaired and you're a cool as a cucumber!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

So here at work today. I told DS at home last night as I was tucking him in that is was very important I come to work today. This morning he said his stomach is not hurting as much so I'm happy about that. I think whatever he had it was some minor stomach thing and that is about it. No fever or aches. Just tummy.
So anyways, yesterday was odd.
It was very restorative almost. I mean I got a lot of stuff done, 5 loads of laundry, cleaned up a lot (some of which was thanks to our rather hectic morning with a little guy who was sick), the AC got fixed, seasoned our new dutch oven (mothers day present that was received just a tad bit late. Hey better late than never!) and more or less, just picked up, organized and what not. All the while watching tv with DS and playing a game on my laptop. It was really nice which is kind of weird.
This morning as we left for school & work I left with a bit more increased vigor and a more positive attitude than when we started out yesterday (but then of course yesterday DS was crying and saying he was sick, that most assuredly did not help)
Even made an easy dinner. Pinto beans and rice with sauteed tomatoes, onions and garlic. Topped with cheese and homemade greek yogurt.
Even DS ate some but the good thing is he ate a lot of rice!
He had a few "accidents" yesterday when running to the bathroom so I had to remind him that if he needs to "pass gas" he's got to actually go to the bathroom and sit down.
We had a few loads of "stinky" laundry that I did yesterday and I was not looking at adding even more.
LOL
Good news out of all of this?
The house is now, relatively clean, a few projects got done and OH I almost forgot!
Sold the tent for 197.51. Very cool!
That means I have 197.51 to use towards clothing for DS. I'm going to stock up on size 8 & 10 pajamas, pants, shirts and shorts. That and maybe some nice winter boots and coats.
At Ebay that should get me quite a bit considering normally 4 or 5 pairs of pants sold in a lot usually go for about $30 to $50.

What a difference in our family by the way. Sunday we were bickering with each other. The heat made us all crabby in the extreme. Last night on the other hand, we all sat down to dinner, talking about our day, DS putting his two cents in, me bragging on DS because he was so helpful throughout the day, yada yada yada.
Nice.
What a difference 5-10 degrees make in the house. LOL

Still here & Still Sober.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Glad DS is on the mend and cool breezes are blowing through your house.

Busy day here taking care of things to make the trip north with my Dad. It has been a time of special memory making being here with my Dad. I'm working on controlling my anger towards my mom, who says hateful things about my Dad and just drives him into the ground......which is really both their faults, as he's never wanted her to be independent.....sigh

Glad to be sober......really glad.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

You sound really good Pond, like you are having a good visit.

I've noticed something about myself recently.
Lately I've had a very short fuse for things happening here at work. At first I was thinking it was because just more is happening (there has been a LOT of closures, offices moving around, we are getting a bit more business from some of those offices here soon, yada yada yada. Can't go into much detail) but I think the reason for the short fuse is not because of all of that.
Its because I know I'm a short timer now. I know I only have a couple of months left.
Yesterday at one point I was almost hoping for something to come up that would "require" me to take off earlier on LOA just to GET AWAY from this.
Yesterday my bosses boss actually "assigned" me to make signs/labels out of wordart in Word. Give me a friggin break. I am almost the only person on the phone and she "voluntolds" me to make signs and labels for reports. Ooookay.
I told DH last night that I think she did it because she saw me sitting at my desk, waiting for calls and reading a book.
I don't think she liked that.
Well today I have to shop online for a new blouse to go with my skirt I bought at the Strawberry festival in Cape May NJ.
This skirt is lovely! Its like a work of art with all these golds and mocha colors swirling around on it, sequined and jewels sewn on here and there.
I gotta find a nice sleeveless mocha colored blouse to go with it. Hhhmm.

I'm with you. So glad I'm sober. Last night was a bad night for me, told DH if I was still a drinking lady I would have gone through at least two martinis within 5 minutes. Instead I ate (this sound gross in the extreme) some leftover spam. LOL
And some chocolate. And some cheddar cheese. And a soda pop. And a cup of espresso.
Yeah, I was stressed.
LOL

Still here, Still sober and amazed that I lost half a pound this morning when I stepped onto the scale.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

You really cracked me up with the Spam, chocolate, cheddar cheese, soda pop and espresso......martinis would have been much worse I hear you on the chocolate....but hey......what's life without some chocolate?!

Yes, I've had a good time....kind of surprised myself, as I was stressed about packing etc......I'm such a home body. I think we're heading north tomorrow. Car is mostly packed and the car is gassed up. Dad isn't feeling well tonight - so we'll see how he is in the morning.

I wish I could have gotten in another nice walk, but this tropical storm is dropping a light, but continual rain fall. They really need it here, so for that I'm glad.

I'll be relieved to get Dad home and settled safely and return to hubby and home

Almost forgot to say how lovely your skirt sounds - you'll look ravishing!
Old 06-06-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

LOL
Yeah, that was a bad day for me. Actually it sounds like I ate A LOT but in fact, it was little bits of each thing.
A tbsp of cheese, a slice or two of spam, a small bitter sport chocolate.

That's good you've had a good time.

Yeah, I noticed there was a tropical storm recently. I remember thinking "wow, so early!"
Well today I get to leave early simply because the boss is required to make each of us take 5 hours this week of LWOP. I knew that one would come back around.
So I plan to run to the clinic, make an appointment with my therapist, see if I can remake the appt with the health clinic for the weight loss bit, pick up some OTC medications that we are allowed to get, (I keep them in a plastic bin for later use), run home, eat lunch, change, and then possibly head on out to my appt which is a 40 minute drive from home. YUCK. Only positive? I get to listen to podcasts that I've downloaded.

Last night I got home with the intent of getting some more things (seeds) planted in the garden. Instead we rushed to make dinner and then went to a birthday party next door.
It was supposed to be just DS but DH & I both got talking to all of our neighbors which was nice.
Met the mother of the child having the birthday who is latino and next thing you know we're talking about pico de gallo, fresh guac, and lengua tacos.
LOL
(That is serious comfort food for me, with a nice cold glass/cup of horchata). No, I'm not latino/spanish or mexican. Just love love love mexican food.
I told her I'd give her the name to a good local butcher shop that sometimes gets in lengua (of course since a cow only has one tongue, that is a bit harder sometimes to get) and I promised to share some tomatoes and cilantro with her. Which reminds me something else I have to plant. Cilantro. Oh and my purple tomatillos are growing!!!!
And winter squash. And watermelon, cream of sasketchewan (SP?)
And corn, and tomatoes like CRAZY.
I gotta write here soon about it all.

Yesterday after the person paid their 197.51 for the tent I went shopping! I got DS a winter coat, some pants, some shirts, winter boots, and a rain jacket for $80.
Pretty stoked!
Today I'm hunting for a good deal on a generator. We noticed that the buying club (like Sams Club) has one here for a good deal but trying to see if I can get better anywhere else). We've always wanted one and it would be nice to have when we're camping and we don't have electricity at the site.
DS & I have got to the part that Harry & Ron arrive at Hogwarts. Very cool. He's having such a fun time with the book which is what I hoped for. I love reading, always have. I've always loved escaping into a good book and I'm hoping to instill the same love in my son.
Well, still here, still sober.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Well, we've made it out of FL and into Georgia....so progress. Tropical storm is dumping lots of rain - think we'll drive out of it tomorrow. We're settled in our hotel rooms after a really good dinner. I've just taken a hot bath - felt divine, as I've just showered for the last week.

I'm going to fall asleep tonight thinking of my garden and pond....dreaming up arrangements for planters. I'm pretty disappointed that hubby says none of my elephant ears, or canna lilies, have sprouted

I'm not sure if we'll have one or two more nights out on the road - don't want Dad to get too tired. I wish I could get back into reading again...been too distracted lately.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Sigh. Don't really know what to say today, really.
Yesterday I took off and DID get a lot of things done.
Went to GNC, talked to a friend there that works there. Bought some new vitamins and what not, BS'd a bit there.
Next, the Thrift Shop, that was where I hit PAYDIRT. Got a lot of new clothes for DS, a knock off Louis Vuitton purse, and a blouse for myself.
And some other junk that I was even more thrilled with. Can't go into detail. Just pretty happy.
Okay, so next, ran to the clinic, made my appt with my therapist, got some Motrin and Sudefed, then ran home, threw in a wash, cleaned up a bit.
Then DH called to say he was on his way home. Drat. So much for getting loads more done. Completely forgot, needed to get some more propane for the grill and more potting soil.
That said though, DH and I did go to Wallyworld and picked up some more of those little lights that go in closets without lights? You know you hit it and it turns on for a certain length of time? We got two of them and I installed them right behind the towels in two of the bathrooms. DS's and the one downstairs. This way if we ever lose power (like we did last week) DS can go potty and not be too scared. Peace of mind for $10 total.
LOL
Forgot to pick up a new umbrella though. DRAT.
My jeep one (meaning the one I always keep in the jeep) is broken. The handle is sharp and jagged, the cloth is ripping.
Its all good. The poor thing has been in my Jeep since 2001 when I began keeping things I could possibly need/could possibly be handy. 12+ years for an umbrella I guess isn't too bad.
Well must run. Have stuff to do. DS BROKE my kitchen scale and I told him I will charge him $5 for a new one (a new one will cost me a bit more than that but I wanted to penalize him)
Gotta get that and that new umbrella.
Still here still sober.

PS. And Pond you guys drive careful!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

VERY long day. We are in KY, just a few hours from home. I am drained, worried , haven't walked in days and miss my home. Dad said he's going to try and stay with us tomorrow, which worries me, as we have steep stairs....guess we'll play it by ear.

Umbrella? I recently bought a new one, when caught in a heavy rain storm - it's so cute , wasn't that much money.....wondered why I'd waited so long

Have a great week end
Old 06-10-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Did you make it home Pond? Was thinking about you over the weekend. Here we just got loads of rain which was more than welcome as our plants were loving it.
Saturday was pretty busy for us as we were getting ready for hubby to leave on his TDY on Sunday.
Sunday was kind of frustrating in a way. I guess I felt kind of off balance. I knew of several things that NEEDED to be done but couldn't seem to get myself to do any of it.
Instead I ate and ate and ate. LOL
A little bit of potato chips, a little bit of chocolate, a little bit of pretzels, a little bit of lunch, yada yada yada.
I didn't weigh myself today because I was afraid of what the scale would say. LOL

Okay, now here I have to rant.
Boss lady says earlier "Cannot have more than two people off! NO WAY NO HOW! in the office"
This morning we've got 3 people off. We've got two of us on phones, one counter/order/dts person and an admin.

Ooohkay. See that is what confuses me about my boss. Its like she's bipolar or something.
Or its a case of "its convenient for me to say YES now but NO later"
Am I really worried about it for the sake of "coverage" NO.
Because honestly, there could always be two people here on phones and we'd still be good usually. We used to take (each of us) about 40 to 70 calls per day and while it's not fun it keeps you busy and there is the thought that "hey, we're taking lots of calls, we're super busy, aka JOB SECURITY"
Well whatever.

There was my rant for the day.
This morning, no actually even yesterday, DS was so helpful. Why is it that he's such a good kid when DH is NOT around? I don't get it?
He routinely comes up and asks me "mama, is there anything I can do to help you?"
He cleans up after himself with very little complaint, he hugs me a lot, wants to hold my hand, etc etc. Case in point, yesterday he had some friends over for a good portion of the day. They TORE UP his room massively. Unmade his bed, covers and sheets everywhere, toys thrown in each part of his room. You get the idea. I told him later on when his friends went home that he knows the deal. If him and his friends mess up his room and they do not help him clean it up then it is left on him to deal with. I will not clean it. (but I do require his room clean) So, with a shrug of his shoulders he went off to do the best he could which, imho was pretty good. He tried his best on his bed, picked up most of his toys off the floor and put them away and then asked if he can go across the street to his other friends house to play. Said sure, gave him a hug and ruffled his thick hair and sent him off.
When DH is around he becomes very argumentative. Weird.

Must be something about their personalities that are conflicting.
That worries me though because when DS gets into his teen years I don't want to see what will happen.
This week I have to seriously get my hair done. I just hope I can get an appointment and the time off to do it.
DH told me before I left that my hair is looking pretty grey, which it is.

Well whatever, gotta run. I still have my breakfast to eat and a few other things to tend to.
Still here, still sober.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Yes, made it back home and Dad is settled in his home with my mom. I've been pretty tired....to say the least. it was a wonderful trip, with special memories made....but there's no place like home. I spent many hours in my garden Sunday....felt wonderful.

I can understand your concern about DS and DH butting heads when DS is a teen, but try not to worry too much....he sounds like a really good kid

I'm not too motivated to tackle my "to do" list......but am taking baby steps.

Guess what? I'm starting yoga in the morning I'm taking it through my community center. I bought a mat today. Not sure I'll be a Brenda.....but I want to give it a whirl!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

YAY! Thats great pond! I always wanted to take a yoga class but never actually did it.
I even have a free subscription for the next month but have yet to do that.
At home though working out is always tough. There is always something more pressing to do, something else that needs to be done.
I quit our gym membership as of May because we barely use it during the summer months and I hope to start using the gym here on post but it is all determined by how much time I will have.
I think my boss is having her own personal revenge on any of us that are not willing to take the required LWOP on her terms because she isn't letting those of us ask in advance so that we can plan. Means for me I don't think getting my hair done is in the near future. LOL

Yesterday we had a bit of a crisis. At first it was looking as if our tenant had not paid her rent and the rental management company would have to evict her. Upon closer inspection it turned out that she had paid it but we would not be getting it until later on this week. So dang frustrating!

Last night I went to bed angry and rather hostile. Not certain why. Most was directed at my office and the staff here.
I was wishing a lot of ill on many here which I really try hard not to do to anyone as I strongly believe it'll come back to bite me, even if I think it.
As I was lying in bed, listening to the approaching thunderstorm, I was perusing Facebook it seemed as if many felt the same. There were lots of posts from people talking about violence and what not.
Made me take a good hard look at myself and rather chastise myself.

Still here, still sober.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Home from first yoga class. The room had glass walls and I felt as it I was in a tree house The instructor was a gentle lady who told me she emphasizes the experience over the performance in the class. I felt very relaxed and concentrating on breathing and stopping your racing mind ( mindfulness) is something I can really use. I think I'll benefit from toning, strength and flexibility . Overall, a positive experience for my first class

Over on Whiner's thread - lots of us were in grumpy moods - maybe something going on with the universe? Who knows......

Well, just finished lunch and am headed out for a walk. Farmers mkt is this afternoon and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll round out my day with gardening and ponding. Heading into work for four hours tomorrow, so I don't feel overwhelmed as the school year gets closer.

Still here, still sober....and creeping up on my one year anniversary in ten days - woot woot!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

BIG
Old 06-11-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Yeah, something very ODD about last night. I fell asleep (feel bad for even saying this) writing out a drama in my mind much like Stephen Kings The Mist. Except this time it involved all my coworkers and the office.
Lots of deaths, lots of normal Stephen King kinda stuff. LOL My munchkin & I were safe as in the drama as I contacted my boss that morning and said I couldn't come in.
I didn't really leave work in a nasty attitude. If anything I left, got into my Jeep. Breathed a sigh of relief as it started no problem. It Purred as I drove it to go pick up my munchkin.
Talked to DH a bit on the phone on the 5 minute drive back home, got dinner started, talked to our rental company that helps us with our property, talked to my Mom.
Had some unwind time with my munchkin and by that time, it was time for bed.
So, it was very weird for me to just SLIDE right into such a nasty frame of mind.
Weird.

Recently (upon taking the initiative to get the new car) I actually went out and bought a small handmade necklace with chakra healing stones. Kind of seems funny in a way but hey, things tend to work when you really believe they will.
Hence, you go into a casino predicting you will lose money, well guess what. You will.
Attached Images
Old 06-12-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Okay, note to self. Never, ever again take DreamWater at night to go to sleep. NO GOOD.
Last night, it did make me sleepy but then falling asleep is rarely a problem for me.
Staying asleep is usually my problem. I wake up at 3am/4am/5am and cannot get back to sleep, mind racing.
So last night I took one of the little bottles of Dreamwater, drank it down 30 minutes prior to the time I would like to fall asleep, as directed.
And the remainder of the night I had weird dreams, constantly woke up fighting off weird dreams, some of which invaded that in between phase of awake and asleep.
I would jump awake and be ready to do battle, massively KILL ....my sheet.
I would jump awake and be ready to throttle.....my pillow.
NEVER EVER AGAIN.
Now its actually kind of funny to think about but several times in the middle of the night I remember being thoroughly frustrated and angered by the constant waking up.

I'm thinking it has too big a dose of melatonin for me.
Melatonin in larger doses does that to me. I'm already a very vivid dreamer so add a bit of melatonin to me and my dreams go all over the place. Ever since I was a teenager I have had massively colorful dreams full of smells, bright neon colors, beautiful sunsets, tropical rainforests, and old historic cities. Melatonin makes all that more like a Edvard Munch painting. LOL
So no more that! DH can have em!

Valerian actually seems to work best for me.

So anyhoo. Yesterday got DS report card and YAY, he graduated to 2nd grade. Thank God!
DS was ALL over the place, I think it was the excitement of being the last day of school and all.
While I knew what it was that was causing it, it was adding a bit of stress to me as we ran from his daycare then to the farm to pick up our share, then home where I unloaded my jeep.
YAY. I got BOXES at my door!
I love coming home and finding that UPS/Fedex or USPS has delivered boxes! Boxes make my day.
I don't even care what is in it. Just the thrill that YAY!! I HAVE A BOX!
Yesterday got my sons new WINTER COAT! Nice thick winter columbia coat that unfortunately smells like it came from a family that smokes. Ewwww. My bad. Didn't notice if they had put it came from a non smoker house or not on Ebay.
DH told me to wash it FAST when I told him about it.
Gotta get some bright blue and black yarn to make DS mittens, scarf and hat to match it. Maybe a bit of silver thrown in too. Hhhmm.
Next, got my new umbrella! It kind of looks like the picture I included here.

Well, my little "shopping spree" is about at an end for DS and his clothes.
I have some other things to get for him, socks, t-shirts, shoes. Shoes are going to be the expensive item for him. DH and I decided to stock up and get him one size larger plus one more pair in yet another size larger so that he has POSSIBLY two years worth of shoes. A while back I invested in all sizes of space bags so as I get each size for DS I fill it up and put a label on the inside saying what is in there. (size 10 pants and shorts, size 8 shirts, size 8 jammies)
This way as he needs clothes I will already have them sealed and ready to be brought out.

Oh, I got my quote for shipping my vehicle.

$3430 possibly.
YUCK
We're going to have to massively SAVE for that.
Told DH after the generator purchase that would be our last BIG item. Now I'm glad I said that with $3K heading our way to pay.

Well, today here at work I have the FUN FUN task of filling out paperwork for my registration for my Jeep for the state of Alaska.
We have to pay a sort of proxy there to bring the paperwork then to DMV for us. Alaska is very picky and does not allow people to register their vehicles if they are out of state. This keeps PFD (pipeline fund dividend) fraud down.
Kind of miss that extra money we used to get even though lately the dividend has been lower lately.
MMmmm, I have to also check to see if I got my rent money. If so its time to pay the mortgage (which was due on the 10th. grrrr)

Oh and a quick check on the calendar tells me today is 18 months for me. 18 months sober. Good Stuff.
Attached Images
Old 06-12-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

PS the bottom of the umbrella doesn't have the wooden handle. It's an automatic one with a black handle and a button that opens AND closes which really amused me. Never knew umbrellas did that now a days. LOL

Still here, still sober.
Onto the next month we go.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Are those water lilies on the umbrella? I should have one like that

Never heard of Dream Water, but will NEVER take it after your description!

You mentioned having a phone call with your Mom, how are things going between you two? Things are still tense between my mom and my sisters, as she continues to be bitter about her marriage

My first MIL was a heavy smoker and the packages she'd send my girls would just reek of smoke I'd feel bad, as she adored the girls and would take time picking out special items and wrapping them nicely. She had a way of using ribbon in a unique way, wish I'd had her teach me how she did that....she died unexpectedly at 62.

Well, my thighs are a bit sore from yoga! Guess some muscle was used , or stretched, that hadn't been used in quite awhile Looking forward to returning next week.

BTW, I posted a few pics in Whiners of my garden last night. Going to try and get a walk in now, before the stormy weather rolls in.

Congrats on 18 months - such a gift!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Kind of hard to say Pond. I can tell Mom gets seriously annoyed with me and I get the feeling as soon as we hang up she turns to whoever might be present at the time to gripe about me as she gripes about her husband, her sisters, her neighbors, the local grocery store prices, the local optometrist, and on and on and on.
That is mostly what she does now a days. Gripes, complains. Everything is not fair. She can't stand the fact that Dad golfs all day, she can't stand the fact that Dad isn't working, she can't stand the fact that her sister is always on the run and has so much money and is so out of touch with everyone else, she can't stand the fact that her neice has money and yet she goes to Supercuts for her haircuts.
It goes on and on and on.
One of these days (and I know this would become more probable if I lived pretty close to her) I know I will lose my patience and tell her "If she doesn't like the situation then CHANGE IT!"
Many of the things she complains about are things that are completely within her control and yet she is more content to play the martyr.
Yet another lesson for me to learn from (which I've mentioned in the past that I try hard NOT to do this)
Is the whiners here on SR? I've investigated a tiny bit here but I keep my time here down to a minimum as I'm always worried about someone seeing my screen (a few have, don't know if they saw enough to put two and two together) I definitely do not want to give ANYONE here at this office ammunition like that against me.
I've told one or two individuals here that my Mom drinks a lot and in fact that is my reason that I tell people I just don't drink anymore. Because I see what it does/is doing to her.
The only good thing is boss put me in the corner a while ago in the office and not many come back near me.

Maybe later this summer I will start Yoga. I see that they have it here on post. The trick is getting hubby to pick up DS from daycare.
At a reasonable time.
Usually when DH picks up DS many times it means he picks him up at almost 6pm which then means DS is the very last kid there. DS hates that.

So anyways. Yes those are water lillies which is weird kind of. I didn't actually PICK water lillies in this case. I just liked the design of it. Suddenly I received it a few days ago, opened it and realized "OMG, water lillies"
I have a water lily on the back of my Jeep. DH asked me "whats with the flower on your jeep, you're not a flower type of person"
No, I'm not.
But water lillies actually have a lot of significance depending on where you read.
Some sources say water lillies with Koi fish symbolize a spiritual awakening. In budhhism the simple water lily or lotus flower symbolizes enlightenment.
There's a lot more but don't want to bore with all the details.
Mostly I keep a lotus or lily flower around here or there in picture or a decal as a reminder to myself to never fall asleep again.
Well gotta run.
Still here, still sober.