Notices

A New Day (Munchkin's Thread) Part 3

Old 01-10-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Good Morning guys,
Headache here today which I think was just because of "brain freeze". We like to keep our bedroom window open at night when we sleep and sometimes I wake up with a massive headache from it. I used to have the same issue when we camped sometimes during the cooler months.
Well still no work yet for me. I'm hoping my boss will give me the good news by later today.
As for hubby, he thinks he nailed the job interview yesterday but yesterday the job interview was just a prelim one. He will have another in face one later if he impressed them enough during this interview.
Past few days have been hectic, chaotic and crazy.
First, fought like mad to get a kitten for our DS. We really wanted a kitten simply because he's never experienced that stage of a cats life before. He only knew our cat when she was old and tired.
Well I ran into a bunch of "cat gestapos" that would not give us a kitten (even though they are available) because we said we might be declawing the cat. Mostly to save furniture, we've been there done that with Mittens.
So now some of them are throwing older cats at us on FB that are already declawed. We've kind of resigned ourselves to the fact that we might be getting an older one but I told hubby I am no longer going to go into this kitten/cat finding bit with such a gusto. If it happens, well it happens.
So next, we all (all 24 units of our homeowners association) received notices that our water was about to be shut off. Turned out after I called the management company that manages our HOA dues that there are a handful of occupants that are waaaaaayyyy overdue. Like 30K.
So, the supervisor at the management office advised that yes, she will pay our late water bill, more than enough money for that, and heating. However we need to do something to fix this issue of people not paying their dues.
And then she asked me to step up and be the president/vice president of the HOA. Fun fun.

Also, two days ago, spoke with the rental management company and got into arguments there. Two days ago that was non productive. Yesterday it managed to produce something! They paid for the carpenter that came in and fixed the ceiling. This carpenter did an awesome job! Very nice guy who brought his wife yesterday and his son the day before. His wife in fact helped us with a puzzle yesterday. LOL

Good news, our ceiling (the leak from the toilet upstairs) is now fixed and we didn't have to pay for it.
We have a few other little things to be done around the house like the hall toilet upstairs, our closet door upstairs and I want to buy an unfinished cabinet at Lowes, varnish it and then our carpenter will hang it for us for $40 an hour. (I figure it'll be about an hour long job)
Later we'll be doing bigger projects like wooden laminate flooring downstairs.
Got other stuff as well, little projects here and there. I have to put up black out fabric on the outside of ds's curtains so that come summer the light at nighttime won't wake him up. Got time for that though. As soon as I begin work (and start to get a paycheck) and dh starts work we're going to start buying the supplies for the garden (cinderblocks, fill dirt, compost, manure)
Uggh, and I have to work more on DS's extra hat. He lost the other homemade one.
Well as you can tell, I'm rambling. I do that somewhat when I'm not feeling good.
And dh has the tv on so we talk about what we're watching every 5 to 10 minutes.

I gotta make me some breakfast. And start a load of laundry. And text my boss.
Still here, still sober.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Good news! I'm cleared for take off! Oops I mean work! Security check went through, I'm good. Now just waiting to hear from the boss!!
Old 01-11-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Cat rescues are pretty particular about not de-clawing their cats/ kittens. I used to have two kitties and had them both declawed, but have heard it's very painful for them. What if you agreed to clip a kitten's claws regularly ? Good news for you on the job front!
Old 01-11-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Well, we're going to tell wherever we do get the cat from that we do not intend on declawing currently and leave it at that. If it becomes a problem later, well then we'll change our mind and declaw because I do believe its not exactly a "nice" thing to do. But for us, it would either be saying goodbye to the cat and then going through the whole adoption rigamarole again or just simply declawing the cat and then keeping her/him with us for the next 10 to 18 years.
Looks like some more kittens have become available but I'm waiting for an answer back from the animal rescue place to see if we can see the kitten.
Today has been busy making making fresh pasta, fresh sourdough bread (new batch), and I re-organized my pantry. It was a mess. Printed new labels for some of the items. It annoys me when I go in there and don't know where something is. If I need/want flour/sugar/buckwheat or chia seeds I don't want to have to spend 10 minutes looking for it (yes, we have a pretty impressive stocked pantry with all sorts of things that my Mom would consider not necessary)
Next is my homemade canned pantry and other items. Also been separating a few items for work. I like to keep a basic list of things at work, like a selection of teas, dehydrated milk for when I make chai, sugar, snacks, canned soups and simple breakfast items. That way if I am hungry I don't go to the vending machine which is expensive and unhealthy.
I have a few more items to accomplish tomorrow, ironing a bit and of course we might be either seeing a free cat (older, almost 5 yrs old which worries me because the cat has been tossed from family member to family member which makes me think it has behavior issues) or the kitten. I'll take a picture of whichever one it is and share here.

Oh yesterday DH & I made our first batch of homemade almond milk. Super easy! And the neat thing is it not only produces the very tasty milk but then also we get almond flour out of it which we can use for baking, pancakes, waffles and what not. Super cool.
Well I gotta run. I still have to take off this stupid nail polish that is all chipped and looks ugly and I have to check on the butternut squash that we're roasting for dinner tonight. Still trying to talk DH into asparagus with dinner.
Still here still sober and back to having yet again another cold type of headache. (no surprise there, it's -29 out and even with the humidifier in here you can definitely feel its cold outside)
Old 01-12-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Well, back to work I go tomorrow. They're throwing a party for me, a baked potato bar with lots of fixings. I'm bringing a potato for my boss who is coming up from Anchorage and a potato for myself along with some brownies. Managed to get some done today. We took a useless trip out to the camper because dh was thinking maybe some of our stuff was in there (it wasn't). Man that was a FRIGID excursion. -35 this morning. BRRRR.
I took a shower later on today, cuddled up afterwards with a good book in bed to warm up a bit.
Got most of the things done that I want done before I go back to work but I do have a few things that I need to do still. Finish painting my nails is one of them.
No kitty yet for us, but then they gave us the "it was too cold to ask anyone to come out" type of excuse. At this point I'm tempted to tell them "forget it for now, give the kitty to someone else!" and wait till later. I'm that frustrated.
And for some odd reason, nervous.

Well dinner last night was a bust. The bread turned out flat (we didn't start working on it till around 1pm. Bad idea for traditional sourdough) and I had a massive headache by around 4pm.
So we ordered a pizza. Man dh ate 3 slices of pizza and 4 pieces of cheesesticks. Lately, ever since we quit the whole vegan bit it is as if he is trying to cram just about any sort of junk into himself. Don't know why. For me, I've been just watching closely what I'm eating, if I get myself some pretzels and nuts, its in a small bowl to watch my serving size or what not. Hhmm. He seems like he's grown larger overnight.

Well whatever, my therapist long ago reminded me I can only work on me. Oh and speaking about me. I tried on my other size 8 slacks. THEY TOO FIT! A tad bit tight around the thigh, kind of like jeans, but they still fit!
I gotta keep this up.
OH AND POND! I'm nervous about the yoga challenge! I tried doing some today but I couldn't keep up with the video on my kindle.
I'm going to watch the other video I have on DVD and see if I can follow that.
Still here, still sober!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Pondlady View Post
Cat rescues are pretty particular about not de-clawing their cats/ kittens. I used to have two kitties and had them both declawed, but have heard it's very painful for them. What if you agreed to clip a kitten's claws regularly ? Good news for you on the job front!
Isn't there some kind of plastic covers made for covering the cats claws? Tips of some kind? If so? Those could be used and the claws wouldn't have to be removed!

TOD
Old 01-12-2014, 08:48 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Munch, Just try another yoga video….some are too hard to keep up with. I'm thinking of picking up a second class this week….I need it

TOD, I've heard about some type of tip like that too. Lots of folks just learn to trim their kitties' claws and swear by it.

-35………brrrrrrr is right!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:21 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Okay, guys. Gotta share.

Meet, Horchata (which normally is a Mexican milk like beverage served cold and spiced with sugar and cinnamon)
Since she's milky and cinnamon like in color, and her temperament is rather sweet, we decided to name her that.
Got her last night with a promise to the adoption service that we promise to try and not declaw her.

Been at work since Monday and it's going pretty good. We had a pow wow today after my "nemesis" left for the day which frustrated dh as he made dinner and he had to slow everything down to wait for me! (quelle horreur!)
I'm finally up on my computer and now I'm just learning all the bits here and there. Lots to learn again but the good news is most I've done before so its more like re-learning things.
Its going good though and best of all, its great to be with people who know me, who like me and who (and this is what it all comes down to) believe in me because they've seen what I can do/accomplish.
Well, I gotta run. I have a sleepy kitty taking a "cat nap"beside me and I'm trying to talk DS into not trying to wake her up. Plus I still have to make my lunch for tomorrow, my breakfast, and pack my bag. I made a nice long list of stuff that I need to bring in (some of which I need to actually go shopping for since I don't have some of it anymore)
Oh and last, gotta do some yoga time. (hopefully with no little Horchata running under my feet, playing with my toes)
Still here, still sober!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
horchata.jpg (50.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 01-14-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

One more photo of her exploring the kitchen. She's a cutie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
horchata2.jpg (58.6 KB, 36 views)
Old 01-15-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Well today, I am typing....from WORK! I've helped catch up a bit. Small bit as I'm helping (BIG KEY WORD THERE!) HELPING ticketing. Keep telling my coworker that I feel like I'm not doing enough but she keeps advising me my help is very welcome!
Good news, it seems like we've really caught up on things a bit. She has a few travel reservation requests on her desk but she advised me we'd work on them together tomorrow. I'm just happy that her load seems to be reducing a bit. Some of it is coming back to me and the biggest bit that keeps coming back to me? How much I had to multi task here. We never had to do that much in Maryland.
Here its a customer on the phone, a customer in front of us, a travel reservation request in our hands, etc etc etc.
Good stuff even though I know later it'll drive me nuts.
Well gotta run. Almost quitting time!
Gotta see how my son and hubby did at his school. DH had a meeting with the school today.
Still here, still sober!
Old 01-16-2014, 02:54 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Ahhhhh Munchkin!!!! The kitty is so fuzzy and cute! Did you get it for DS or yourself? Since it's asleep by YOU and playing with YOUR toes? LOL Good job on picking out a cutie!

Back to work are ya? Take your time and let things settle in around you! Even though it's a place you've worked before? You have been gone for a LONG time. So you are still a NEW employee coming back in. The former employees know you/remember you from what you did when you were there last! They don't know how your performance has been since you've left though. Just do as asked for now. You'll not be reviewed as not knowing things in the near future! Then you'll be wishing you were just starting again, because you'll be slammed with more work than you can wrap your head around!

Did DH get any further with his hiring?

TOD
Old 01-16-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Welcome Morchata….love the name Does she have blue eyes" So beautiful !

Munch, Last night at yoga class I nearly fell asleep during chavas ( I know I didn't spell that correctly!)…that's how relaxed I was I'm so glad I dragged myself to class in the cold night, I really needed it and it did me a world of good.

Hoping all is well with DS at school….he's had quite a few adjustments this year.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

LOL Actually, its Horchata (named after a milk like beverage)
Yeah, trying to get to know the office again, dh has been complaining like mad because every night lately I have come home by 5p (I get off at 430p). All mostly because I'm listening to everyone in the office giving me the details of what has happened in the past here.
Its all good though, I got in about 10 minutes early today to print reports, put those away, work queues, and just try to get caught up a tiny bit more.
That is my main goal at this point, just try to help the others get caught up. I figure that will reduce stress for everyone here when they see they don't have as much work on their desk to catch up on.

Yup, she's got sapphire colored eyes Pond. TOD, she naps so far near any of us and, man when she's out, she's really OUT! Fully asleep and sprawled all over wherever it is she chooses to fall asleep.
This morning she was having a battle Royale with a box that we've left in the kitchen. Hilarious to watch. LOL
Well, gotta run. The three of us in the office are chatting about stuff which (YAY!) I'm a part of! Weird and nice to be included!
Still here, still sober! Oh and lost about 2 lbs since starting here back in the office!
Old 01-16-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Oooops……Horchata….got it! Sapphire colored eyes, sour so beautiful…..my birthstone

I've gained a few lbs from the holidays, so working on losing them. Work is very busy these days, took a nap when I got home today.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

At work again today but it is Friday.
Came to work with my brain all scattered. Hate that when that happens.
Still though, now got a few things done, went through all my old files that I have brought with me from place to place to place to place to place.
Have a HUGE bag of shredding now. Fun, fun.
Set up accounts now where I can watch my sons progress at school (report cards, homework assignments), set up his lunch account.
More or less, just setting up more of the things that make life just a tiny bit easier later on.
Oh here's another funny/rant. Told dh at about 1130am today that "hey, local vendor, selling honey! Here's the address, go for it!" which I got the answer "hhhm, I've got too much to do, I've gotta uhhhh still clean the bathrooms and stuff and I just don't have time to drive there and be back before ds is home from school, blah blah blah"
He just called me about 20 minutes ago (approx 215p) on another rant that he can't find the place, it doesn't exist, where the heck is it and NOW he's going to be late for ds to come home (uh ds doesn't get home from school till 320p) and the big one. ITS TOO DIFFICULT!
LOL
DH uses that one a lot to describe tasks that he just doesn't want to do. Its too dificult.
Sigh.
Told the honey people we'd come by on Monday so I can drive out there so that I can take the "difficultness" out of that.

Spoke to my Mom last night. She was clearly pretty intoxicated. She called and asked in a slurred voice "Honey, why did you call yesterday? Is your cat sick? Because your father and I think that was what it was. Your cat is sick and you have to give her back"
I told her repeatedly "no, Mom, Horchata is just fine. She's doing good. No I haven't brought her to the vet yet, but that is coming soon. I'm sure they will find she's in good health"

Well, we're about to have fresh air popped popcorn and rootbeer (and coke for me) floats. I might play Survivalcraft for a bit. Life is good!
Still here, still sober.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Munchkin: So DH's word is "Difficult"? LOL Better watch it! DS will be next using that phrase since he see's daddy getting by with it. What would be the after school plan for DS if DH is working? My step daughter is getting a divorce, but it was a secret as to why they were getting a divorce. I finally said: "Whatever"! She broke. LOL She immediately text back with OMG blah blah blah! Well now we know the WHY! And can we say Jethro is just livid about it!

That is really sad about your mom's drinking problem. If nothing else? Use it for your good! You'll never want to be like that again. You are going to hurt from it, but it will make you stronger too. Just try to remember the good times with her. I've heard things out of my mom's mouth about my dad since he's passed. Things I wished she'd not revealed to me, but he's gone now. I will hold tight to my memories and try not to let what she's saying now as supposedly the truth bother me?

Speaking of tons of paperwork? Lordy! I have a wheel barrel worth of paperwork here that I could shred. I just won't do it though! If it's not on paper? Then it can all disappear.

Man! The temps are dropping like a rock around here. It's down to 28 degrees and the winds today were trying to blow us away too. And here we are getting back up to 60 tomorrow! I'll take it! And then we are going back down hill next week. ARGH! No wonder ppl are getting sick. There has been 21 deaths here in AR due to the H1N1 flu already. Young healthy college kids have been among the deaths too. "The Doctor's" show today was 30 minutes long about ppl needing to get the vaccine. Jethro told me I need to get my butt to the doctor and get the damned vaccine. I told him I was hoping he'd be over his crap before I got the shot. I always get sick the next day from them. Don't need both of us sick at the same time. But damn! He's been sick for 2 1/2 months now.

Hey! Since you are in the cold part of the world? Do y'all have the candy there called "Fairy Food"? I always ate it during the winter time when I lived in WI. I also was introduced to Sprecker Rootbeer! OMG! Now you want to talk about some delicious Rootbeer? That would be the one!

TOD
Old 01-17-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D