Notices

Class of March 2012 Part 6

Old 07-11-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

So glad you had a nice time away INH, and I didn't realise it was your birthday too :day5 8 2
Old 07-12-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Thanks for the birthday wishes Hypo. I don't bring it up much, and don't really celebrate them anymore. Also it was the day after my buddies wedding so I figured there shouldn't be anything in view that could distract from the main attraction.

So what does everyone have planned for the weekend?

I am going to be unpacking my stuff from Africa, cleaning, organizing, and maybe studying a bit. The last two days of classes kind of set my head a spinning.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Administrator

happy birthday from me as well INH

D
Old 07-14-2013, 11:23 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Well no one else seems to be talkitive and honestly neither do I, Buuuuuttttt, I figure all it takes is for someone to say something then everyone will be chatting it up again.

I guess I will talk about my week. Tuesday I had duty at the barracks, which means I sat there all night and went to class on Wednesday morning. I was exasted so I can't really say I learned much for at least the first few hours as I was barley awake. That afternoon I crashed out pretty early and slept for 10 hours I think. Thursdays lessons (we did two) kind of spun my head so I was up till late working on homework. Friday was just a quiz and study day so no homework. That evening I went to a speaker meeting that a friend was speaking on, it was good to listen to.

Saturday, went to a noon meeting. Got a leak in one of my tires fixed, the third one since I bought it, but thankfully I didn't have to replace the tire this time and since I had gone to the same place every time they gave me a discount. I went home after that and basicaly palyed computer and watched movies, when I should have been unpacking my stuff from Africa or doing laundry or, or, or, but oh well. Later that night went to another meeting as I don't know if i have mentioned it but I am pretty much going to them daily still if school allows. It wasn't anything special, I normally just sit there and listen except for the rare occasions in which I feel I have something to contribute.

Sunday started out pretty much like Saturday in that i wasn't going to do much except for procrastinate unpacking my stuff. Instead however a dude from my meeting, the one that I was attempting to tutor in math called up. I had said no to helping him this weekend because I told myself I was going to work on getting my house in order and didn't want to spend all day at his place and nothing to mine. I told him that I would be willing to have him come over so that I could work on what I have to and answer whatever questions he had. He took me up on that actually, but instead of working on math he helped me unpack, and having someone else there to keep me going worked out wonders better than it would have if I was doing it myself. So not all, but a lot of the stuff I got on Thursday, (oh yeah, I got my stuff from Africa on Thursday I guess I forgot to mention that) is unpacked. My DVD racks and a couple of glasses broke, but they are cheap so its no big deal. After we went to a meeting in the evening and now I am back from that. I should be in bed now, but I got stuck behind my computer again, I make a bad habit of that.

So that is my story for the week, how did the rest of you fare?
Old 07-15-2013, 12:59 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Thanks for getting us going again INH I am impressed that you are going to so many meetings. It is something I think about sometimes because I did enjoy going but it made me feel bad about myself because I wasn't really participating. I am hopefully going to be facilitating some SMART meetings in the future so that will be good for me. I never found it difficult talking in them because of the cross talk.

Love your procrastination techniques too

I went for a massive walk yesterday. It was longer than I thought though as I was going to get the bus halfway but I didn't realise they stopped at half 7. I'd gone out late to avoid the sun and ended only getting back at gone 10. I think I have succeeded in wearing the dog out which is a miracle.

Today I am helping make some costumes for a community arts project which should be fun.

How is everyone else doing? x
Old 07-15-2013, 01:01 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Administrator

doing well this week so far INH

D
Old 07-15-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Random Guy

I wouldn't feel to bad about not participating hypo, most of the time I keep my teeth together as well. In fact I find it annoying when someone is new and they insist on giving their broken two cents, especially if their young and or stupid and therefore really don't know what the heck they are talking about. Hell I am 31 and don't know what I am talking about, of course I was a bit more opinionated five and ten years ago. Well I just figured I would say that most meetings I go to I don't say more than hello to whoever I know. Sometimes I "share" but that is the exception.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

That's just it, I didn't want to just go 'blah' and talk about all my sh*t. But to be honest I couldn't ever imagine talking in a meeting, even now. Not with 20 + people in a room with their attention on me. It is seriously my idea of hell. If I can cope in other sorts of meetings then that's good enough for me It is so bizarre though that that doesn't bother me but AA meetings do. I miss the people though. I have a friend I meet up with who I met in AA so maybe I will go to one with her someday.

I'm off on my hols tomorrow so will be without SR for a week. I know that is nothing but still, it is like being out in the big wide world with no tether.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:28 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

You've got your phone with you Hypo....I can be your link to SR!

Have fun and enjoy the sunshine xxx
Old 07-15-2013, 10:30 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Administrator

happy hols hypo

D
Old 07-18-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Hey all you quiet people. How's it going?

Let's see what is going on in my world..... I am taking a test tomorrow for all the material that we covered in the last couple of weeks, which sucks because the stuff in the first week I have already kinda forgotten lol. So I will be studying tonight. I am also having a problem waking up in the morning or more precisely getting my lazy ass out of bed in time, but I have never been good at that. And the commute however small is what kills me. Its only 30 minutes but still I push that boundary to its limits and beyond.

That's about all that's new in my life. Nothing spectacular. Coming up on six months here on the 21st, which I have no doubt I will reach. Going to send a thank you card to the parents of my friends bride as they worked hard to put it all together. Went online to buy two really loud alarm clocks as stores have a pathetic selection. Still dragging my feet on my fourth step. Yep that's all I can think of.

Have a good one all.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Hi INH.

Yes it's quiet here isn't it, this thread goes like that, and Hypo is away without a phone that connects to the Internet!! Can you believe that? I must have words with her when she returns....

All ok with me, or will be once I finish work next Tuesday. I'm really tired and need to try and relax a bit. Work continues to be manic.

I dragged my heels over my 4th step too, I think lots of people do, but I have to say doing my 5th was one of the best experiences of my sober journey. I felt a real shift in thinking after that. Keep plugging at it x

Now where's Hux, and Nicky??
Old 07-18-2013, 10:08 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes on the test INH

hope the days go speedily til Tuesday Jeni

D
Old 07-20-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Hey gals, and Dee, how's it going? Not much going on in my life the last few days, I passed my test, ordered a new alarm clock well actually two. There's a pathetically small selection at stores so I went online. But its a sign that I have nothing to talk about when I start talking about menial **** like ordering alarm clocks so with that I will just say I'm doing alright.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL sounds like my life this weekend INH, but I'll take it gladly

D
Old 07-21-2013, 12:13 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Do you ever read some of your old posts back INH? You have changed so much over the past year, and talking about alarm clocks is a real positive sign that life is just ticking along as it should be, lol xxx

Off to lunch with some friends today. The guy is an active alcoholic so it could be interesting...
Old 07-21-2013, 12:20 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  
Administrator

life is just ticking along as it should be, lol xxx
lol

D
Old 07-21-2013, 12:23 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Really? You just don't appreciate cutting edge wit Dee..
Old 07-21-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

I'm back now I'm not sure I would have had time for SR even if I did have one of those clever phones Jeni, I haven't stopped all week. But I was trying to fit seeing a lot of people into a few days.

I'm not sure how it's been really. It has been nice to see some people, confusing to see others and I had some pretty strong 'f*ck it* type urges to drink, which surprised me really. I think being away from my routine and especially my SR routine puts me in the way of bad AV thoughts.

I have come to realise that quite a few of my friends I just can't be honest with too. They are too normal and straight laced to understand me full stop really. I have one friend who I have known since I was 14 though who seems to get me. I was amazed at my honesty with her and her partner about stuff that I actively hide from other friends. I am not sure hanging out with people I feel so uncomfortable with is a great idea...

On the plus side, my dog is an excellent traveller, but the on the downside I'm not and broke out in hives again, and I am not sure being around people is good for me. I'm glad to be back anyhoo

How's everyone else? x
Old 07-21-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Hellooo!! Missed you!x

Sounds like a mixed bag of feelings for you really. I can understand how being out of your routine throws you. I still religiously follow my 'stay sober' routine every day, whether I'm feeling good, bad or indifferent.

I guess we are always going to have some friends who we are able to be more truthful with than others, those we can trust and those we keep more like acquaintances.

We're away in about 3 weeks time. Already my AV is whispering, and that surprises me. I've no intention of drinking, buts its an all-inclusive deal with as much free drink as we want, miles from home (we are going to Crete), and no meetings or SR or any of my usual supports. A recipe for disaster? I'm sure I/we will be fine, but it does no harm to be vigilant!

Good to have you back xxx