Notices

Class of March 2012 Part 6

Old 06-27-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Hey Stills, or Huxley, either way!

On a selfish note I am glad that you are back. But I am sorry to hear that it had to be the hard way.

Oh and for the record, I am blonde, but i guess in the last few years a tint of red has started to seep in. I haven't grown my hair out in a loooooong time so I don't know what it looks like past a half an inch. It used to be very blonde, but I guess it has taken a turn towards more dirty/strawberry. Believe it or not before I joined the Corps I had shoulder length hair, my friends cut it off the day before I flew to San Diego for boot camp.

Your dads take on addicts is kinda humorous, fully thought out, no one that is an addict would ever get better, because anyone that does was never an addict in the first place. Also admitting you have a problem and not quitting makes you by that definition not an addict and therefore (I assume either somewhat morally repugnant or willfully negligent (yes that took me a while to think of)). I suppose its still funny and the viewpoint of a lot of people not just your pops. Also I meant no insult in that.

Well either way, I am glad your back.

As for my life, I passed another test yesterday, this one on DC circuits. Today we started AC circuits and it looks to be a doozy. So far i am doing pretty good academically I think I am top in the class. Its a pity they include physical fitness scores into your GPA at the end, as i am not in the best of shape. There was only 18 at the start and four have failed, three on the last test. So now I guess we have 14. Other than that there isn't much going on since my last update.

Again Huxley (I will still think of you as Stills for a while) Welcome back!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
somewhat morally repugnant or willfully negligent
Agghh!!! Our little boy's all grown up!! Damn, my dear, that was some nice phrasing. I know at least two teachers around here who couldn't have put it better And way to break a girl's heart, Mr not-a-redhead-just-a-trick-of-the-light. You'll always be Red to me now.

My dear H did it the other way around - he was ginger, now blonde. Shouldn't there be something about appearance in the wedding vows? Maybe it comes under for better or for worse...or for ginger or for blonde. Wait, that would mean that I still have to keep him no matter what.

Hey ho. He still looks like a Viking

Well, I came on feeling pretty damn sorry for myself and you guys have cheered me right up. You're all right, of course - and I respect your no disrespect, Red, cos my pops is a very cool man - and you have all three completely confirmed that I shouldn't have stayed away for so long. Jen, I'm much, MUCH closer to you than I am to my sister.

Right, I'm off to research what my boy is talking about, because this

As for my life, I passed another test yesterday, this one on DC circuits. Today we started AC circuits and it looks to be a doozy.
looks like he's studying electrical engineering somewhere where they also make him run laps. I am intrigued...

Awesome glad you're back in the States, dude.

And ladies, I love you xxx

Last edited by Huxley; 06-28-2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-28-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

My H is going grey....and there is DEFINITELY no wedding vow that covered that one.

(Although I secretly kinda like it...I just comment on it to keep him on his toes. I mean we might have been together for 100 years but I wouldn't want him to start getting complacent....)

I'm sooo pleased its Friday. And the weekend forecast is supposed to be good...look past the fact that its pissing it down here at the moment....we need some sunshine!

INH...you are doing SO well! You have no idea how different your posts sound now.

Hux-did you read that Lee is going to be a Dad again? Baby due in Oct I believe. A sobriety baby, how cool is that?

Xxx
Old 06-28-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Oh wow! Nice, Lee Man, there should be a whole forum for celebrations.

A silver fox, eh? Nice

Weather's okay over here, which probably means it's heading our way. I'm shopping for shoes for the school prom tomorrow. Translation: my friend is shopping for shoes FOR me while I bitch and moan about it. What's wrong with my DCs???
Old 06-28-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Nothing wrong with them. Shopping is my idea of hell too...and I still don't own a skirt let alone a pair of proper shoes!!x
Old 06-28-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Haha! I don't own shoes, but am a BIG fan of the A-line kilt. You can kick serious ass in short skirt
Old 06-28-2013, 08:22 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
looks like he's studying electrical engineering somewhere where they also make him run laps. I am intrigued
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/2862.htm

I am attending the school for the job that website describes. Normally I am a radio repairman in the Corps when you all "met" me I was on embassy guard duty. I didn't want to talk about that because you are not supposed to have an alcohol problem on that duty. I was there for two years, two very long years. But now YES back in the states. In a **** hole still lol but at least its a states **** hole and I could get help, cause I needed it.

But yeah school and meetings that is pretty much my life now. I am dog and house sitting this weekend for my buddy, and next weekend I will be heading to Boston to attend an old friend of mines wedding.

That's something I guess. Good luck shopping, I am not a fan either. I have been wearing the same shoes for four years now I think. One of the heels has a busted seem but my pants cover it so their still good
Old 06-29-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Your job sounds very technical INH! I can barely remember which button to press to turn the tv on!!x
Old 06-30-2013, 01:23 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

In a **** hole still lol but at least its a states **** hole
Ha! Love this. And the post you're training for looks brilliant. My dad and one of my brothers are both electricians (jeez, you would not believe how many variations it took to spell that right...) But they're not marines. Being a marine gives you instant points in whatever you're doing.

Embassy guard, huh? No wonder you were always cagey about it Glad you're on a path that's making you happy. Plus it's a massively transferable skill, right? You still thinking about getting some land one day?

I had a good day yesterday. I think my first 'wow, I actually don't care about drinking today' day in a looooong time. It felt good. I feel good.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:38 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
I had a good day yesterday. I think my first 'wow, I actually don't care about drinking today' day in a looooong time. It felt good. I feel good.

That's the power of SR. That's why I never stray far from here!! Or it could be that I'm a creature of habit of course. Why change something that's working?

So good to read this Hux. So pleased you're back with us x

I'm off to London for the day today. It's supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far!

Have fun everyone x
Old 06-30-2013, 01:49 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Glad you're doing well Hux I have to concur with Jeni on this one. If I stray too far from SR I do notice an increase in cravings. It is something about being isolated from other recovering 'alcoholics' or whatever. My AV kicks off big style and starts thinking that 'normal' people drink. It is easy to forget that there are a ton of people who don't do things that are bad for them for a variety of reasons. I am quite enjoying being the odd one out in social situations these days

So glad the weather is nice today, it's been rubbish here the last few days. I am going to a dog show today. Not something I ever thought I'd do for fun but it is in the park where I normally walk the dog and it's a strictly just for giggles affair. If nothing else just having all of the usual dog walkers out at the same time should be chaotic fun.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday x

We really need a check in from you Nicky...! Miss you x
Old 06-30-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Crapballs day. I have no fricken idea why after all this time I'm right back at square 1.

WTF???

I didn't drink. But jeez...
Old 06-30-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

What's up Hux? x
Old 06-30-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

what happened hux?

D
Old 06-30-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
LDT

PM sent, Hux....

Stay and talk to us.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:55 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

What's happened? We are here for you my friend xxx
Old 07-01-2013, 11:11 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hi guys,

I'm in a real rush tonight, but just a quick note to let you know that Huxley is ok. She can't log in to the Internet tonight, but didnt want anyone to worry about her xxx
Old 07-01-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Good to know, thanks Jen.

Huxley, hope it wasn't to bad. I am pretty thankful that I haven't had to deal with anything to bad lately. Heaven knows however that I had my times, way to many to count, for longer than I care to think about. So take heart I suppose that if my dumb ass can give this a go, there is no way you can't knock it out of the park! Or whatever the equivalence to that phrase is in cricket.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:12 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks Jeni

D
Old 07-02-2013, 10:55 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

there is no way you can't knock it out of the park! Or whatever the equivalence to that phrase is in cricket.
Haha! I was just saying to LDT that even though I feel like hell, there are moments when I still laugh my ass off. This was definitely one of them

Hey guys, thanks for the love and support, I didn't mean to post and run like that, and massive thanks to Jen for passing on my message xx

Still sober. I spent the night with an old friend who is a mental health nurse. She pointed out that, yes, my life is generally really good and yes, I don't have nearly as much to worry about as those poor teenagers growing up in the favelas in Rio (still not sure how we got onto that). However, there's a lot of **** going on that is giving me grief, and to goddamn give myself a break.

She also pointed out that me thinking I'd worked so hard meant that I should "just be fine now" made me sound like a bit of an entitled dick. Haha! Old friends She pointed out that I'm an addict, that I'm never going to be "just fine" and that sulking about it wasn't going to help.

She also very sweetly said that it's okay to feel sorry for myself, and that if my brain needs to be grumpy and depressed for a few weeks then I should let it.

I pointed out that I don't WANT to feel depressed for a few weeks, I want to be happy all the time. Which nicely circled back around to the bit about me being an entitled dick. Which made me laugh.

So in summary, I'm still angry, I'm still white knuckling and I'm still bleh. But I seem to be getting a sense of humour about it.

Love you guys xxx