Notices

Class of February 2013 - part 5

Old 03-15-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
now's the time

Congrats also to Pamel, we have the same day count!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Starbaby928 View Post
There is one woman who checks in on me from AA. Other than that, no. I've had bad social anxiety at meetings and haven't reached out to anyone there. And, no friends here really, drinking or otherwise. Lost a lot of them due to my relationship with my partner... Well, now, the lack thereof. I know things will eventually look up... That seems to be consistent with all the people's stories in AA... It just sucks right now. And I'm trying to stay positive & pick up the pieces... I really am.
Star ~ I really don't have any real-life friends either... I have neighbours that I am friends with, sure, but it's not like we will ever do anything social together. Well, I have become friends with two SR buds, but they are in different counties...so same as before. Not going to be able to go to a movie with them!!

I guess I am just trying to say that I get it...I would like to spend less time on my own. It is not always easy. But you're right....things will look up. I truly believe this.

Love you a lot,

V xx
Old 03-15-2013, 10:01 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fantail View Post

30 days!
CONGRATULATIONS fantail!!!!!!!

30 days is awesome!!!! Well done you!!!

Hope you have a great day,

Love Venus xx
Old 03-15-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'd like to welcome least too - she'll be around here as well as my offsider - not a 'mini Dee' but a 'maxi least '

D
Dearest Least,

Welcome....lovely to meet you!

Venus xx
Old 03-15-2013, 10:08 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fantail View Post
Congrats also to Pamel, we have the same day count!
Thank you fantail ~

Pamel ~ CONGRATULATIONS on 30 days!!!! Awesome job...awesome woman!!! Enjoy your evening/afternoon/morning....Love u heaps!

Venus xx
Old 03-15-2013, 10:18 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations fantail and pamel!

D
Old 03-15-2013, 10:49 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Fantail and panel congratulations!!! I'm closing out 21 days..never thought I would get here...star hang in there..even bad days sober ate better than any day drunk...I myself miss a glass especially BC I hate my job and would like to relax..but I known it won't end at one..or two or bottle! ...precious hope your doing okay..don't be embarssed..come on back.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fitness1234 View Post
Fantail and panel congratulations!!! I'm closing out 21 days..never thought I would get here...star hang in there..even bad days sober ate better than any day drunk...I myself miss a glass especially BC I hate my job and would like to relax..but I known it won't end at one..or two or bottle! ...precious hope your doing okay..don't be embarssed..come on back.
Sorry for bad grammer. I am on my phone so its hard to read wat I write
Old 03-16-2013, 01:37 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi, well done Fantail and Pamel! Im on day 22 today so three weeks sober now!

Star- sorry youre down. I felt similar yesterday- lonely and confused, havent really got a social life now ive stopped, and like Wehavtoday has said the bar buddies are just fairweather friends, ive dissapeared off the radar and not one has come looking for me- says a lot! Spoke to an old school friend yesterday, he's just got back from a 2 week holiday in Thailand, he lives about 100 miles away from me now and his life is so sorted out, can't help but think what could have been for me if i hadnt drank.

Got my two girls today and tommorrow so theyll keep me busy! Wont be able to check in til later so hope everyone has a good sober day/ night.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:09 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Sorry havent posted in a while I have been reading your posts though and glad everybody is doing ok! I was too I managed 30 days and last night had a blip and dran! I am so full of self loathing. Im angry my bf is angry and well I just let myself down. All that hard work and Im back to square one
Old 03-16-2013, 03:14 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

at least you're back firstweek
what do you think happened?

D
Old 03-16-2013, 03:19 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I got cocky Dee thought I could control myself. Big mistake! Also have been going through a bad bout of depression. We had guests over and I just took that drink. I didnt do anything crazy or anything just spiralled into a worse depression. My bf wont even look at me and Im just so angry with myself
Old 03-16-2013, 03:40 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firstweek View Post
I got cocky Dee thought I could control myself. Big mistake! Also have been going through a bad bout of depression. We had guests over and I just took that drink. I didnt do anything crazy or anything just spiralled into a worse depression. My bf wont even look at me and Im just so angry with myself
firstweek ~ you're here....you can start over, and you will have all of our support!!! I'm sorry your boyfriend is disappointed, he loves you, and only wants what's best for you.

One day at a time. You can do this. We can do this.

Love Venus xx
Old 03-16-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee and Venus you have really lifted my spirits x
Old 03-16-2013, 03:52 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Congrats to Pamel and Fantail on 30 days. Feel lost this Saturday morning, sure is strange. My work week mornings are early wake ups, but never feel like getting up. I tell myself I'm going to sleep in on Saturday some. And here I am up early. Go figure. I guess I'll get a cup of coffee and watch the early EPL match. Feeling tired lately - got some more PAWS action going on I suppose. Also would like to throw out a to Least. Day 28 -
Old 03-16-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firstweek View Post
Hi guys! Sorry havent posted in a while I have been reading your posts though and glad everybody is doing ok! I was too I managed 30 days and last night had a blip and dran! I am so full of self loathing. Im angry my bf is angry and well I just let myself down. All that hard work and Im back to square one
Sorry about your slip Firstweek. Iv'e had many. Sure is a roller coaster ride isn't it? I'm wondering if it isn't something about reaching those Sober Time benchmarks that make us think we can handle it again. Everything that is said about the "Poison" on the Sober side is true. I could not think of two better words like "cunning and baffling" to describe this crap. We just always have to be on guard to our AV. See - you were feeling depressed, yet you were talked in to drinking a depressant. This has happened to me, our AV will take advantage of any situation to get us to drink. "IT" our AV is deceitful and a phony! Great to see you took responsibility for what happened Firstweek, that in it self shows your true character. Don't beat yourself up, Keep It Simple and Stay Sober Amiga.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:38 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thank you Goose. Yes I will just start again!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Post-acute withdrawal can be a trigger for relapse. You'll go for weeks without any withdrawal symptoms, and then one day you'll wake up and your withdrawal will hit you like a ton of bricks. You'll have slept badly. You'll be in a bad mood. Your energy will be low. And if you're not prepared for it, if you think that post-acute withdrawal only lasts for a few months, or if you think that you'll be different and it won't be as bad for you, then you'll get caught off guard. But if you know what to expect you can do this.

Got to tell everyone this exactly how I feel today. I feel I have been hit by a ton of bricks. No enthusiasm and no energy, my body is sore and I don't even know what from. In the words of REO Speedwagon, I'm "Ridin' the Storm Out" HaHaHa....
Old 03-16-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Yup, I feel like I have been drained of every ounce of energy; 39 days today! Just remember everyone, this too shall pass. I am finding that when this feeling hits, I lay low and cut myself some slack. I know it is going to take some substantial time before my body and brain are back in sync, so don't try to overthink it. Accept the lows, acknowledge them for what they are, and know that each round you make it through puts you one step closer to the final goal. Easier said than done, I know, but whatever it takes!

For those of you that have had a slip, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move forward. I am not going to say start again because you are not back at the starting line, look at the sobriety time you have already gained. Think about it, if you were running a marathon and fell, you get up and continue. The fall doesn’t cause you to lose the ground you have already run, it just takes a minute or two off of your finish time. Since sobriety isn’t a race, the time it takes to reach the finish line doesn’t matter; finishing is the only thing that counts. We are all in this together!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Yup, I feel like I have been drained of every ounce of energy; 39 days today! Just remember everyone, this too shall pass. I am finding that when this feeling hits, I lay low and cut myself some slack. I know it is going to take some substantial time before my body and brain are back in sync, so don't try to overthink it. Accept the lows, acknowledge them for what they are, and know that each round you make it through puts you one step closer to the final goal. Easier said than done, I know, but whatever it takes!

For those of you that have had a slip, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move forward. I am not going to say start again because you are not back at the starting line, look at the sobriety time you have already gained. Think about it, if you were running a marathon and fell, you get up and continue. The fall doesn’t cause you to lose the ground you have already run, it just takes a minute or two off of your finish time. Since sobriety isn’t a race, the time it takes to reach the finish line doesn’t matter; finishing is the only thing that counts. We are all in this together!
for the feedback Odelle.