View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Goose1

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Yup, I feel like I have been drained of every ounce of energy; 39 days today! Just remember everyone, this too shall pass. I am finding that when this feeling hits, I lay low and cut myself some slack. I know it is going to take some substantial time before my body and brain are back in sync, so don't try to overthink it. Accept the lows, acknowledge them for what they are, and know that each round you make it through puts you one step closer to the final goal. Easier said than done, I know, but whatever it takes!

For those of you that have had a slip, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move forward. I am not going to say start again because you are not back at the starting line, look at the sobriety time you have already gained. Think about it, if you were running a marathon and fell, you get up and continue. The fall doesn’t cause you to lose the ground you have already run, it just takes a minute or two off of your finish time. Since sobriety isn’t a race, the time it takes to reach the finish line doesn’t matter; finishing is the only thing that counts. We are all in this together!
for the feedback Odelle.