Notices

Class Of January 2012 Part 9

Old 01-11-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Faceit, wow!! Such great news for you and thanks for the inspiring post. I have enjoyed reading all my classmate's posts this evening and I'm feeling peaceful.
I walked by a wine display at the grocery store this afternoon and I swear the bottle of wine called out to me. I looked at it and noticed what a striking black and white label the beautiful bottle had. Want to know what it was called? Velvet Devil!! Ha, that about says it all, doesn't it?
Old 01-11-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Talk about a burning bush!! Lol, Katrinka.
I wish they would just put a skull & crossbones on it & call it what it is. POISON!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

I just googled the image, it has a pitchfork & everything...very appropriate.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you DD, well done mate:day1
Old 01-12-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

:day1 Congraulation on your 1 year Dark Days!!!! Soo happy for you!........Good morning class, not much going on, going to take it easy this weekend my knee is still giving me problems it will not bend/flex when I walk. The doc. said if it remains the same I will have to get a MRI in a few weeks, I pray it will get better. 6 years ago I had surgery and it want wrong lost the use of my left leg for almost a year, extensive nerve damage, muscle wasted away it was a nightmare! It took 2 years to get back on my feet fully.. Changed my life, my leg has never been the same, can't do alot of what I use to be able to do..BUT I am happy I did make progress....I just get scared when I fall (3rd time in the past 1yr.&1/2)...Anyways sorry to rattle, hope everyone has a great weekend!!. Chow...Nell..
Old 01-12-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Thanks all, you lot have helped me all the way !

Operation2Y in progress.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday to you....Happy Birthday to you....Happy Birthday day dear Dark Days (you awesome,soberlicously fantastic Brit), Happy Birthday to you! Way to go, my friend and class motto maker! Cheers to you - I am overjoyed at your success!! :day
Old 01-12-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Kimmie - wonderful, wonderful news, sweet pea! Just last night as I lay in bed I was thinking I need to be more thankful more often during the course of the day, not just at the end of it. Like so many of us, I, know that when I let go and give up my imagined control, things usually work out just fine.

Got the dreaded call from former landlord. Let it go to voice mail. Made a batch of bread. Washed some dishes. Decided it was now or never - call him and face the music. Heart was in my stomach. He answers, we chat a minute about his trip to France. I explain the situation of the new job etc. I told him sincerely that I did not intend for this to happen and breaking leases is not how I roll. He was gracious, kind, and said he would consider this my 30 day notice and return my deposit if there was no damage. I was floored. I thanked him and then told him to keep the deposit as an incentive to the next renter or whatever. What a feeling of relief flooded me. I mentally thanked Jesus. I have learned a really valuable lesson over these past few days. Honesty is the best policy. Lieing has never been my M O, but I have been a truth stretcher/bender/twister in the past. Sobriety has forced me to face my fears. It has also, like PCL wrote so well, causes me to give up control and let it be. Sometimes the timing isn't what I want it to be but thats ok. Calmer heads to prevail for the most part after a day of stewing and fretting.

Kat - I literally burst out laughing at the Velvet Devil name. Back in the day, I bought by name like 100 pound rooster or Menage a Trois or by a cool label. Really didn't care about the taste and all that crap - just get in down my throat asap. Fat ******* Chardonnay was my mainstay when I was flush - box of Franzia the rest of the time - UGH!

Nel, hoping that knee feels better pronto. Take good care of you (don't look at DD's scary AV - stay warm and be careful walking!

Well I need to knead my dough. Really cold here tonight so kitty and I are hunkered down and staying toasty!

My love and thanks to each of you wonderful, amazing people. Great, fantastic inroads are being made daily (awesome, Seanie!) and we continue to rise above our addictions. In a word, we are one tremendous family. I love you all! Tammi
Old 01-12-2013, 08:53 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Awesome post NBC, so happy it worked out for you!...Great post with a good message ..Off to bed I go.....Dark Days, you know I'm just teasing you about your avatar ....Love & peace my friends..sweet dreams♥
Old 01-13-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
So it goes

Hi gang.
Just seen this post on the why do I binge thread.
The best definition I have seen to date
Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
My definition of an alcoholic is someone that continues to drink despite repeated negative consequences.
That has me in a nutshell
Old 01-13-2013, 11:34 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Congratulations and Happy Birthday DarkDays!! Feels good, huh? That avatar gives me the chills.
I'm glad things worked out for you with the landlord, NBC. I agree it is easier to take care of business when you're sober, no excuses. I'm still a procrastinator but I seem to take care of my problems now.
Nel, rest the leg, I hope it's better soon.
Billy, I think that definition describes many of us. I just can't figure out what I was thinking wasting so much time drinking. Never again.
I'm off for a walk in our warm weather and getting away from the never ending football games. ****{hugs}}}
Old 01-13-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Oh my gawd!!! I just open 2013 January class/thread up...page 49..to have that actual Exorcist/girl picture looking right at me.....Right! I know!!....The person username is iamnoone... ... I wish I did not see that, nightmares tonight...So weird because I been teasing DD and then boom the actual picture which is so scary to look at!.....I swear I have had a few childhood movies I think that has scared me forever...I'm not gonna open that thread for the rest of the night!!!...smdh
Old 01-13-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Oh come on Jan gang it's just a movie !!

Love a good ole horror movie, I always have cant help myself lol.

If you really do not like it I will change it.

lately I have hardly thought about drinking, cravings non exsistant.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

DD, yours is not bad at all compared to the other one I seen tonight....What can I say I'm a big chicken butt...I love scary movies but the Exorcist and Halloween are two that scared the crap out of me!!.. I use to have nightmares that Michael Myers was after me and the demon that's inside the girl is in my room.....yep, I know I'm a big corn ball, my mom would laugh at me.... I think its karma for teasing you DD...lol...P.S.. your avatar is fine, I was just having fun with you ...But it was weird to open that up and see that face, did you see it?.....I have had no craving to drink at all, I was thinking about that. I think a certain time of the year is a triggar..maybe??....Now its over and I feel fine, but I know I have alot of work ahead to pave the way for a sober path.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

No scary movies for this chicken! Did go see This is 40 this afternoon and it is hysterical! Absolutley loved it. Laughed so much! Had lunch at On the Border first and it was yummy. Ready to start the new job in the morning. Been colder than the outside of an igloo here today. Think I am so acclimated to hot kitchens that outside with wind and low temps really chills me quickly. Ready to watch Rachael vs Guy then hit the hay. Happy new week, gang. All my love to you all! T
Old 01-13-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Good luck on your first day NBC ...It's super cold here, it is gonna be 9 degrees in the morn. We had freezing rain last night so it looks like a ice skating rink outside!...Night all, sweet dreams♥
Old 01-14-2013, 12:11 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Good luck with the new job Tammi x
Old 01-14-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Tammi, I hope you had a blessed first day !!
:day1
You have been such an inspiration. You are such a fabulously Soberlicious chick!
:day6
Congrats On 1 year! You deserve all the beauty & wonders this life has to offer
Sober Soul Sister
Old 01-14-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Happy sober birthday to PCL, happy sober birthday to youuuu, happy sober 1 year birthday to you and many moorree7...Much love to you PCL♥ Congratulation on 1 year, you rock!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

NBC and PCL, yay and congrats!! I'm so proud of us. If I forgot to congratulate any of you please forgive me, I have a terrible memory. Hip, hip, and hurray for the class of January, 2012!!