Notices

Class Of January 2012 Part 9

Old 05-04-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Dear Kim and Tammy, my prayers are with you for your children. How terrifying it must be to see them struggle with their own demons and especially for you Kim as she is so young. You are amazing women and your experience and strengths have equipped you with all that you need to come through this. Hang in there girls...

Souper, what a journey! So glad that you have found the trail of soberlicious serenity to walk along :-)

Nel, you rock big time!! Katrinka, how is life :-) Billy, Sean, DD...PCL if you are reading, how are things for you?

Love L... smoke free now for 7 weeks!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Thank you so much, Nel and Limbo! The love and support I feel from you guys really means a lot!!
We'll get through this. I just need to be vigilant, like with everything else. This world is just too scary not to pay attention.
xo
Old 05-05-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Btw, congrats on the 7 weeks smoke-free, Limbo!!! Awesome achievement, and so worth it!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

I'm also sorry to read about your daughter Kim, I will include her in my prayers tonight.
My daughter is 15 and starting to be exposed to all life's vices so I know how your worrying.
I don't think she has drank yet but I know some of her friends have, she says she has not and I believe her. My wife and I try to be open about the alcohol talk in our house I just hope my kids don't follow my path. I was drinking and smoking flat out at my kids age so I can't be too judgemental.
All good here Limbo thanks, I, like Nel have 4 months up yday
its be a bit easier this time and I can thank AA for that.
Funny I had worst feelings so far on Fri and Sat about 'how I could control it if I tried again'
'maybe I wasn't that bad in first place' etc
I believe what triggered these feelings was the better weather and thinking about going on hols or a break away with Mrs for anniversary
I know I must just focus on one day at a time, which is all we really have.
Everything else in life going really well, works good, family life good and plenty of exercise, cycled 160 kms yday for charity, just needa get chocolate consumption down lol.
Fair play to you souper, you've had rough ride but the strength to come back.
I hope your son finds his way Tammi, I can relate a lot to his thinking on its not much fun without few beers, that thinking plagues me quite a bit.
But it can be fun, everyone on here and the millions of recovered alcoholics/problem drinkers worldwide is testament to that.
Stay safe peeps
Sean x
Old 05-07-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

my January '12 peeps ♥
Old 05-07-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

New week Troops ! Had some strong cravings thoughts again over the weekend, nice weather and the same old sitting in garden drink thoughts. When you really think it through to the end its quite easy to NOT drink. Sitting in garden in warm sun with Vanilla coke or sparkling water is better I will not say * Just as nice* because then you are feeling you are missing something.

Hammering the treadmill plus nothing but body weight exercises, push ups dips chins make you feel a lot alot better.

Think its day 480 today, have not mentioned that for a while.

Have a great week all !
Old 05-07-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Good work and good post DD keep it up! Awesome 480 days!!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Thank you, Sean. Remember, you are now an inspiration to your daughter. Strong and sober. Believe me, they watch everything you do. Actions definitely speak louder than words! I am so very grateful to be sober!!! Couldn't have gotten through this otherwise, and it scares me to think of the example I would still be setting if I were drinking...
Keep up the one day at a time, you're doing great!!! xo
Congrats on the 480, DD!! And thanks for the reminder...need to get back to my workouts and yoga, especially. Really does make a huge difference. Keeps us grounded and gets all those "feel good" brain chemicals going
Love you too, Nel !! Keep goin' strong, Girl !!! xo
Tammi, good thoughts and prayers sent for your son to find his moment of clarity. You too are a huge inspiration and the best example for him with your continued sobriety. So proud of you! Love you xo
Katrinka, Billy, PCL...hope all is well with you. Please drop a line, miss your posts! xo
Have a great day, precious family!!!
Kim xo
Old 05-09-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Just bumpin' us back up Love to All! xo
Old 05-10-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hi Class!! I find it interesting that we all share some of the same concerns. My oldest son has problems with alcohol and has admitted that he hasn't completely quit. I try to be a good example and have encouraging words but he also doesn't want us to make a big deal out of it so we are respecting his wishes but it's a big worry. His life isn't going the way he hoped it would and he's floundering. So I am praying for all of our kids.
My life is going good. I still think about drinking but it's easier to push those thoughts out of my mind as time passes. Like some of you have said, being fit and exercising helps me focus on being sober.
I'm happy to read all of your posts, they are inspiring to me. I find myself wondering how you all are doing and know it's time to check in. Have a great weekend!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Katrinka, hopefully your son and my son and any of us that have friends or family hopefully they will realize that alcohol is just poison! Poison to the body mind & soul & life and will not go down that dreadful road we went down for so many years. Katrinka, I'm trying a weighted 2.5 hula hoop I love it!! Except today I woke up with the biggest bruise on my side, I think I will wait a day or two because all around my side is sooorrree from the weight of the hula. I do love it, I hope it is something that eventually the soreness goes away. I'm thinking of trying to make my own adult regular hula hoop looks like fun and that way I can interchange with the weight and regular. I'm trying alternative ways to exercise since my knee is giving me limitation. Well gang I'm always thinking about my original crew here on SR, love & peace to you all!... I have like 131 days, s Working in the 5th month of sobriety♥ Loving it!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hi family - congrats to all this beautiful sobriety. We are really something to be proud of. Not only should we be proud of our accomplishments here, but we are setting good examples for our children and others. We've changed. We are no longer the persons we used to be. We have risen. Onward and upward is how we live. Are we human and have thoughts of "good times gone by"? Of course. But we now have the knowledge and experience that overrides those doubts and temptations. We rock - both individually and collectively. Life is good and you all, my precious family, are the best!! Love you all, Tammi
Rascal Flatts - Changed - YouTube
Old 05-12-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Just want to wish all our Moms a very Happy Mother's Day!!!

Kim xo
Old 05-12-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

♥♥Happy Mothers Day to my January class♥♥xoxo
Old 05-12-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone had a good weekend

D
Old 05-13-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Happy Monday Class!! I hope you all have great week.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:36 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-10-a.html

D